“Simply....the best!”
Review of Crabtree Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lee
Crabtree Cottage
Ranked #4 of 8 Lee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Crabtree Cottage is a gem in Lee. It is obvious how much the owners, Janis and Jeff, love what they do. The home is tastefully decorated, the living room a comfortable and relaxing place to enjoy the fire, special treats, as well as visits from Margot and Max. The 3 guest rooms are uniquely appointed, right down to the smallest detail, and spotlessly clean. We were lucky enough to stay for 2 nights, and had the opportunity to experience 2 rooms. The breakfasts are varied, beautifully presented, every detail thought out, and indescribably delicious! The food carried us through a day of cross country skiing. Janis goes out of her way to make guests feel pampered--making dinner reservations for us at a local restaurant(within walking distance!), accommodating our early breakfast request, and bringing a hot pot of tea to our room to help us warm up after a day on the trails. We have found our new home at Crabtree Cottage for all future visits to the Lee/Stockbridge area.

Room Tip: all 3 rooms are excellent. Upstairs rooms are larger
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Nothing but wonderful things can be said about staying at the Crabtree Cottage. My girlfriend and I stayed here recently and one thing we found was that while most other B&B's provided no inclement weather cancellation policies but Janis was completely understanding and accommodating in the event we encountered a problem. We did eventually arrive without any trouble and after a full day at Kripalu we were thrilled to arrive at Crabtree. It was everything we hoped for! We hung out around the fireplace enjoying the ambiance and after reading the guestbook, definitely looking forward to breakfast! My review echoes everyone else in saying that breakfast was beyond excellent! We look forward to our next visit to the Berkshires and will certainly be staying at the Crabtree Cottage!

Joe and Haley

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph T
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Much of our experience has been shared in other reviews and we don't ever write reviews, however, Janis and Jeff are outstanding hosts and accommodating in every way. We felt it was important to support their wonderful B & B. Janis is a homemaker extraordinaire! The breakfast was amazing and accommodating to my food allergies. Janis is very creative in the kitchen, garden and in decorating, which made our stay very comfortable and inspiring as well. We were there for New Year's Eve and special snacks and beverages were offered and the fireplace lit for our enjoyment upon our return from dinner. The other couple we dined with were delightful, making breakfast relaxing and enjoyable beyond the food. Gorgeous food was placed before us and time to eat given to us and then our hosts joined us for a chat after. We can't say enough about Max and Margot, their cockapoos, that were so friendly and loveable! They made us feel closer to our pet we left at home!!! We will definitely be returning because we love the area and Lee is very close to Lenox, Stockbridge and Great Barrington. Thank you and happy new year!

Room Tip: The Julia suite on the second floor was large and bright with a couch and flat screen tv, if that is...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Neither my girlfriend or I had ever been to this area before, so we were not sure what to expect. We were more than pleasantly surprised!

Jan was there when we arrived, and immediately made us feel welcome. She also had numerous good recommendations for what to do while we were there, as neither of us are skiers, and the snow hadn't really fallen yet anyway. The cottage was also located just a moment's walk from the center of Lee and some very good restaurants. And on a cold evening when we did not feel like going out, Jeff built a fire for us in the cozy living room.

Our room, the Master's Chamber, was very comfortable and spacious, with a soft bed, a nice television, and a really cool rocking chair.

Finally, the breakfasts both tasted, and looked, fantastic! If I knew how to describe them better, I would. Put simply, I wish I could eat that way every day.

I heartily recommend staying here, and if you do, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master's Chamber which was very spacious and comfortable! It also had great sun...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Best location in the Berkshires - 1 block to Main Street in Lee, 10 minute drive to Stockbridge, 5-10 minutes to Lenox. Very friendly host and hostess (Jeff and Julia) with amazing breakfasts! My room was large and very comfortable (Suite Julia). The bed was amazing, it had a big flat screen tv with a couch in the sitting area (originally it was 2 rooms but the owner is a carpenter and made it into 1 so it is twice as large as the others). The décor of the home is very well done, with a small guest refrigerator available, and private parking in the back. I will definitely stay here my next trip back!

Room Tip: Two rooms upstairs - the Master's Chambers and Suite Julia. Suite Julia is the room I stayed in...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Janis kindly upgraded our room without us knowing. The room was so comfortable and cozy and couldn't have been happier. The breakfast was so tasty and lots of homemade stuff. The living room decor is homey and comfortable. Unfortuantely we couldn't use it much but maybe next time. Her dogs are great and friendly. Will go back again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is the perfect country escape... In only 2.5 hours from Manhattan, Janis of the Crabtree Cottage will welcome you with a lovely cozy fire, fresh cookies and homemade truffles in her beautifully kept, spotless B&B. The area is gorgeous, a short walk from restaurants and a short drive to the best hiking in the area.

I went up with my gf for a beautiful fall weekend out of the city. We were both impressed and did not want to leave.

The second best part of the weekend was relalxing in the house, sitting in front of the fire feeling as if we were in our own home. The best was the 5 star breakfast. The food was so impressive. Being from NYC we often get the best and I can tell you Janis exceeded our expectations and set the bar for future hotel/B&B experiences. They took such great pride in presentation and quality of the meal. I look forward to the next chance I get to visit the berkshires and stay at the Crabtree Cottage. I highly recommend staying here. It is worth every penny...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
LakeHouse Inn
#1 of 8 in Stockbridge
Applegate Inn
Applegate Inn
#3 of 8 in Lee

Been to Crabtree Cottage? Share your experiences!