“A Real Find” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crabtree Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lee
Crabtree Cottage
Ranked #3 of 8 Lee B&B and Inns
East Norwich, New York
“A Real Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

When my wife and I opened the front door, we were immediately impressed by the elegance and gracious atmosphere in the living and dining rooms. They were immaculate, as was the entire home. Janis greeted us in a warm and friendly manner, and showed us to our room, the Master’s Chamber, which was large and attractively furnished, including two comfortable chairs, one of which was a rocker. The bathroom was spotless, with nice towels and amenities.. The queen bed was very comfortable, with a cozy comforter. The flat-screen TV had cable. The other bedrooms were also quite attractive.

We have stayed in many quality B&B’s, but have never had a more delicious and interesting breakfast, which included a lightly-broiled grapefruit with brown sugar, maple syrup and a hint of ginger (a real taste treat), fresh-baked popovers and a German Pancake with sliced apples on top and hash brown potatoes on the side.The coffee was good, as well. I topped it off with two home-made chocolate chip cookies that were available for guests from a glass jar in the living room.

It was a bonus to be far enough away from the town of Lee so that we did not feel like we were “in town,” but close enough to take a 6-minute walk and be right there. The restaurants were varied and excellent, as were the shops, which added to a very pleasurable experience.

We recommend the Crabtree Cottage without hesitation.

Room Tip: Each room has its own personality. Janis can help you decide which one is best for you.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edward B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Niantic, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have just returned from my second stay at Crabtree Cottage in Lee, MA. I have spent the night there, leaving for Albany, NY in the a.m. Janice is very gracious and really made me feel welcome since I was traveling alone. This bed and breakfast is beautifully furished and warm and inviting. My bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. The breakfast is outstanding and since I am training to be a voice actor, could not have dairy products before a recording session, Janice easily accomodated me. I would truly recommend this home to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laurel C
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

On a two day work stint in Stockbridge this winter and I sought a quiet, comfortable place to stay and rejuvenate. My husband and I had a lovely stay here in the summer so I thought I would revisit on my solo trip. It was wonderful. Janice is a very kind, warm, attentive host. When I arrived she offered to make a fire in the living room hearth. Her breakfasts are absolutely delicious (mushroom crepes with aged cheddar, cinnamon-sprinkled popovers, sweet apple tart, fresh fruit cup). The room I stayed in was very comfortable, clean, and reasonably priced. The living room is a very cozy and comfortable place to read and listen to music. The shelves are adorned with good books. Homemade cookies and truffles awaited me after work. Many homey touches of comfort that you would never find in a hotel, even at twice the price. The Crabtree is on a quiet street but walking distance to Main Street in Lee where there is a surprising variety of restaurants to choose from - my favorite being the Vietnamese - another warm welcome and wonderfully fresh and flavorful food. I would return here again in a heartbeat. It sounds as though many people do. This place earned it's top spot as Lee's best B & B.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nancy S
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Crabtree Cottage is a gem in Lee. It is obvious how much the owners, Janis and Jeff, love what they do. The home is tastefully decorated, the living room a comfortable and relaxing place to enjoy the fire, special treats, as well as visits from Margot and Max. The 3 guest rooms are uniquely appointed, right down to the smallest detail, and spotlessly clean. We were lucky enough to stay for 2 nights, and had the opportunity to experience 2 rooms. The breakfasts are varied, beautifully presented, every detail thought out, and indescribably delicious! The food carried us through a day of cross country skiing. Janis goes out of her way to make guests feel pampered--making dinner reservations for us at a local restaurant(within walking distance!), accommodating our early breakfast request, and bringing a hot pot of tea to our room to help us warm up after a day on the trails. We have found our new home at Crabtree Cottage for all future visits to the Lee/Stockbridge area.

Room Tip: all 3 rooms are excellent. Upstairs rooms are larger
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Nothing but wonderful things can be said about staying at the Crabtree Cottage. My girlfriend and I stayed here recently and one thing we found was that while most other B&B's provided no inclement weather cancellation policies but Janis was completely understanding and accommodating in the event we encountered a problem. We did eventually arrive without any trouble and after a full day at Kripalu we were thrilled to arrive at Crabtree. It was everything we hoped for! We hung out around the fireplace enjoying the ambiance and after reading the guestbook, definitely looking forward to breakfast! My review echoes everyone else in saying that breakfast was beyond excellent! We look forward to our next visit to the Berkshires and will certainly be staying at the Crabtree Cottage!

Joe and Haley

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph T
Westbury, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Much of our experience has been shared in other reviews and we don't ever write reviews, however, Janis and Jeff are outstanding hosts and accommodating in every way. We felt it was important to support their wonderful B & B. Janis is a homemaker extraordinaire! The breakfast was amazing and accommodating to my food allergies. Janis is very creative in the kitchen, garden and in decorating, which made our stay very comfortable and inspiring as well. We were there for New Year's Eve and special snacks and beverages were offered and the fireplace lit for our enjoyment upon our return from dinner. The other couple we dined with were delightful, making breakfast relaxing and enjoyable beyond the food. Gorgeous food was placed before us and time to eat given to us and then our hosts joined us for a chat after. We can't say enough about Max and Margot, their cockapoos, that were so friendly and loveable! They made us feel closer to our pet we left at home!!! We will definitely be returning because we love the area and Lee is very close to Lenox, Stockbridge and Great Barrington. Thank you and happy new year!

Room Tip: The Julia suite on the second floor was large and bright with a couch and flat screen tv, if that is...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Neither my girlfriend or I had ever been to this area before, so we were not sure what to expect. We were more than pleasantly surprised!

Jan was there when we arrived, and immediately made us feel welcome. She also had numerous good recommendations for what to do while we were there, as neither of us are skiers, and the snow hadn't really fallen yet anyway. The cottage was also located just a moment's walk from the center of Lee and some very good restaurants. And on a cold evening when we did not feel like going out, Jeff built a fire for us in the cozy living room.

Our room, the Master's Chamber, was very comfortable and spacious, with a soft bed, a nice television, and a really cool rocking chair.

Finally, the breakfasts both tasted, and looked, fantastic! If I knew how to describe them better, I would. Put simply, I wish I could eat that way every day.

I heartily recommend staying here, and if you do, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master's Chamber which was very spacious and comfortable! It also had great sun...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Federal House Inn
Devonfield Inn
Devonfield Inn
#1 of 8 in Lee

Been to Crabtree Cottage? Share your experiences!