“We wish we could have stayed longer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crabtree Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lee
Crabtree Cottage
Ranked #3 of 8 Lee B&B and Inns
Columbia, South Carolina
“We wish we could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

When my wife and I booked our stay at Crabtree Cottage for just one day in late September we weren’t really shopping for a B & B experience per se. Main Street Stockbridge and the Norman Rockwell Museum were our primary interests. Crabtree Cottage would serve as a clean, quiet place to spend the night reasonably close to this first destination on our Vermont-bound itinerary. We shifted to an entirely different mode of thought as soon as we laid eyes on this attractive little B & B. It deserves destination status, and hosts Janis and Jeff deserve accolades. We wish we could have stayed longer.

Our room, the Masters Chamber, was nicely decorated, very comfortable, and yielded the good night’s sleep we needed. The breakfast Jan fixed for us was absolutely scrumptious. (My thanks again to Jan for serving coffee well ahead of schedule; my fellow caffeine addicts will know how important that is.) By the time we departed for Stockbridge we were in a very good mood, indeed. Recommended without reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Crabtree Cottage last summer (2013) while on a three day jaunt in the Berkshires. The hosts were great. They even gave us the backroads way to get to Tanglewood and back on the busiest night of the year. Our room was superb. Breakfasts were excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
East Norwich, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

When my wife and I opened the front door, we were immediately impressed by the elegance and gracious atmosphere in the living and dining rooms. They were immaculate, as was the entire home. Janis greeted us in a warm and friendly manner, and showed us to our room, the Master’s Chamber, which was large and attractively furnished, including two comfortable chairs, one of which was a rocker. The bathroom was spotless, with nice towels and amenities.. The queen bed was very comfortable, with a cozy comforter. The flat-screen TV had cable. The other bedrooms were also quite attractive.

We have stayed in many quality B&B’s, but have never had a more delicious and interesting breakfast, which included a lightly-broiled grapefruit with brown sugar, maple syrup and a hint of ginger (a real taste treat), fresh-baked popovers and a German Pancake with sliced apples on top and hash brown potatoes on the side.The coffee was good, as well. I topped it off with two home-made chocolate chip cookies that were available for guests from a glass jar in the living room.

It was a bonus to be far enough away from the town of Lee so that we did not feel like we were “in town,” but close enough to take a 6-minute walk and be right there. The restaurants were varied and excellent, as were the shops, which added to a very pleasurable experience.

We recommend the Crabtree Cottage without hesitation.

Room Tip: Each room has its own personality. Janis can help you decide which one is best for you.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edward B
Niantic, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have just returned from my second stay at Crabtree Cottage in Lee, MA. I have spent the night there, leaving for Albany, NY in the a.m. Janice is very gracious and really made me feel welcome since I was traveling alone. This bed and breakfast is beautifully furished and warm and inviting. My bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. The breakfast is outstanding and since I am training to be a voice actor, could not have dairy products before a recording session, Janice easily accomodated me. I would truly recommend this home to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laurel C
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

On a two day work stint in Stockbridge this winter and I sought a quiet, comfortable place to stay and rejuvenate. My husband and I had a lovely stay here in the summer so I thought I would revisit on my solo trip. It was wonderful. Janice is a very kind, warm, attentive host. When I arrived she offered to make a fire in the living room hearth. Her breakfasts are absolutely delicious (mushroom crepes with aged cheddar, cinnamon-sprinkled popovers, sweet apple tart, fresh fruit cup). The room I stayed in was very comfortable, clean, and reasonably priced. The living room is a very cozy and comfortable place to read and listen to music. The shelves are adorned with good books. Homemade cookies and truffles awaited me after work. Many homey touches of comfort that you would never find in a hotel, even at twice the price. The Crabtree is on a quiet street but walking distance to Main Street in Lee where there is a surprising variety of restaurants to choose from - my favorite being the Vietnamese - another warm welcome and wonderfully fresh and flavorful food. I would return here again in a heartbeat. It sounds as though many people do. This place earned it's top spot as Lee's best B & B.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nancy S
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Crabtree Cottage is a gem in Lee. It is obvious how much the owners, Janis and Jeff, love what they do. The home is tastefully decorated, the living room a comfortable and relaxing place to enjoy the fire, special treats, as well as visits from Margot and Max. The 3 guest rooms are uniquely appointed, right down to the smallest detail, and spotlessly clean. We were lucky enough to stay for 2 nights, and had the opportunity to experience 2 rooms. The breakfasts are varied, beautifully presented, every detail thought out, and indescribably delicious! The food carried us through a day of cross country skiing. Janis goes out of her way to make guests feel pampered--making dinner reservations for us at a local restaurant(within walking distance!), accommodating our early breakfast request, and bringing a hot pot of tea to our room to help us warm up after a day on the trails. We have found our new home at Crabtree Cottage for all future visits to the Lee/Stockbridge area.

Room Tip: all 3 rooms are excellent. Upstairs rooms are larger
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Nothing but wonderful things can be said about staying at the Crabtree Cottage. My girlfriend and I stayed here recently and one thing we found was that while most other B&B's provided no inclement weather cancellation policies but Janis was completely understanding and accommodating in the event we encountered a problem. We did eventually arrive without any trouble and after a full day at Kripalu we were thrilled to arrive at Crabtree. It was everything we hoped for! We hung out around the fireplace enjoying the ambiance and after reading the guestbook, definitely looking forward to breakfast! My review echoes everyone else in saying that breakfast was beyond excellent! We look forward to our next visit to the Berkshires and will certainly be staying at the Crabtree Cottage!

Joe and Haley

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Blantyre
Blantyre
#4 of 14 in Lenox
Federal House Inn

Been to Crabtree Cottage? Share your experiences!