“Hearty Sandwich”

Good for: Child-friendly
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Hearty Sandwich”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My first time eating here. While I was at the Lee Founder's Day Weekend a guy overheard me say I wanted a sandwich and handed me a brochure for this place adding "they have the best sandwiches in town." So I've been wanting to try it ever since. I was on my way back into town and decided now was the time. As I waited for my sandwich I heard the next two customers come in and say it was their first time also.
I was overwhelmed with all the choices and the (owner?) helped me put together a delicious overstuffed Boar's Head turkey and cheese sandwich on multigrain bread. They also carry my favorite beverage Izze Grapefruit.
The dining area is simple and very clean.

• Visited May 2014

Walworth, New York
“Great food, service, location”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

It is great getting off the Mass Pike to stretch your, legs, but do you really want to eat at Friendly's? The Housatonic Cafe was great! We were greeted, told we could customize the menu or they would create a sandwich, but the menu had a great variety. The ham and cheese (the real name of the sandwich escapes me, but they were cleverly named with local landmarks) was grilled (panini), stacked high, and delicious. The ladies had turkey and Havarti and were very happy. The staff knew we were in a hurry and brought the sandwiches out as they were made, much appreciated! Homemade lemonade and iced tea, clean restrooms, friendly service, $8 sandwiches, served in a restored Victorian home ... what more could you ask for!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank RLeave
Albany, NY
“Great Lunch, Soup, Service - Good for Lunch w/Co-Workers”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had lunch here several times and the sandwiches are always very fresh and tasty. They seem to only use high quality meats that taste fresh. The owner is very friendly and accommodates your every need/request. I highly recommend the soup as it is always made fresh and is piping hot. The atmosphere is nice and quiet where you can have good conversation with co-workers and clients. Parking is more than ample.

• Visited December 2013
Albany, New York
“Nice lunch place”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I wanted to stop at a decent lunch place in a town rather than have fast food at a rest stop on the highway. My husband appreciated that this cafe was near the I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike) exit for Lee, as he didn't want to spend too much time driving to find a restaurant. The Boar's Head deli sandwiches were good, the clam chowder tasty, & the owner was very friendly.

Visited January 2014
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
“Great deli sandwiches!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My family & I were driving out to Michigan & back. Very picky eaters, 2 vegetarians. Everyone enjoyed their food at this stop- enough that Dad asked me to find the place again on our next cross country trip 2 yrs later.

• Visited December 2013