“Soup & salad with the locals”

Starving Artist Cafe and Creperie
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Lee
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Starving Artist serves freshly-made sweet and savory crepes, panini sandwiches, soups, salads and baked goods, fair-trade and organic pour-over and drip coffee, organic teas, fresh juices and smoothies and other gourmet foods using quality local and organic ingredients.All of our food is made fresh to order. The menu changes seasonally. Enjoy the free wifi internet, artwork, and comfy couch seating!
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Sop & salads with well meaning student servers, all fairly priced and locally made. Wife had interesting faro-tomato soup, I had generous apple-chevre salad. Coffee generous, tho nothing special

There are newer reviews for Starving Artist Cafe and Creperie

Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a great concept! A beautiful art gallery with a delicious menu of crepes, salads, and breakfast sandwiches. They also have smoothies , tea and coffee drinks. The food was hot and nicely prepared. I believe that 15% of all the proceeds go to children with autism spectrum disorders. The artwork is beautiful and for sale.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

There were eight of us and they didn't mind that we combined tables to sit together. We pretty much all had different things, and the food was great. They could have used a bit more help as the guy who was delivering orders got a bit confused at times but it was very busy on a Sunday morning. Or maybe they need to change the system of recording the orders. Anyway, it was all good.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I can't eat cow's milk, and I'm trying to cut out gluten, and I was hungry. This was the place for me (Us, actually - there were 4 of us returning from The Mount.) This simple cafe sources its ingredients locally and offers yummy smoothies, juices, salads, sandwiches and most importantly for me on this day: gluten free (buckwheat) crepes. Mine had spinach and goat cheese. Yum. The interior is very simple -no money wasted on atmosphere here. The staff friendly. Everyone liked their food. We were happy with our choice.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My 2 friends and I took a trip to Lenox last week and wanted to stop in the area before we checked into our hotel. We parked our car and was immediately was drawn to the Starving Artist Cafe and Creperie. It is run by interns at the local college.

Having a daughter who took Culinary Arts in college, I was drawn to this place. Everything from the Menu, the service and the food was fantastic! Local produce is used and everything is so fresh.

There is an Art gallery attached to it and I understand they have live music for Sunday Brunch.

We shared the beet salad with goat cheese and 2 crepes. We also had the most delicious fresh iced tea.

We enjoyed it so much, we stopped there on our way home to repeat the experience. Believe me, these students can cook and serve better than many restaurants I've been to.

Stop there and enjoy!