“Good smoothies”

Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Starving Artist serves freshly-made sweet and savory crepes, panini sandwiches, soups, salads and baked goods, fair-trade and organic pour-over and drip coffee, organic teas, fresh juices and smoothies and other gourmet foods using quality local and organic ingredients.All of our food is made fresh to order. The menu changes seasonally. Enjoy the free wifi internet, artwork, and comfy couch seating!
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Enjoyed a breakfast meal of smoothies and muffins at Starving Artist on a trip to Lee, Mass., in July 2014. Recommended.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Cool concept --- casual food in a casual art gallery (photo) with a portion of the proceeds going to kids with autism.

Looking for a break from five days of the same old continental breakfast at our hotel, we headed for the Starving Artist because we read about their crepes. And they did not disappoint. I had a breakfast crepe with eggs and cheese that was excellent. However, when I saw the crepes coming out accompanied by a plain green salad (in the morning with eggs? ), I asked for something else and was given sliced apples (photo). My wife had a nice bowl of fresh fruit.

Surprisingly, the coffee was served just barely warm. It was not particularly robust either.

We enjoyed wandering around the gallery viewing art on the walls. As I said, cool place!

2  Thank TeamMan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This restaurant is casual; you order at the counter. Their wooden tables are mostly bare, & they have paper napkins. You get your water out of a dispenser with a spout; the water glasses look like small jelly jars. There's a large side room that serves as an art gallery with pictures on the wall. Their specialty is organic sweet & savory crepes, offering vegan & gluten free ones as well. They have sandwiches, salads, soup, etc. & have selections for vegan & vegetarian folks as well. I ordinarily would choose the specialty of the house. As I'd had pancakes for breakfast though, I decided on a panini on flaxseed bread, which was delicious, for lunch. My husband loved their flaxseed bread, said he'd give the place 4 & 1/2 stars, & would like to go back the next time we're in Lee. My sandwich was tasty but was served alone on the plate (i.e, no side, no pickle, etc.). I went back to the counter to buy some plain potato chips. They only had more unusual varieties though, & I wasn't in the mood for that. Their Sun. brunch has live music from 11 am to 2 pm. Also, FYI, they only serve breakfast until 11:30 am.

2  Thank fba5
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The lunch salads and soup were excellent. They had a special Sunday brunch menu but willingly served us a salad on the regular menu. The restaurant is in the middle of a very attractive shopping street in a typical picturesque town. We stopped here on the way to The Mount in Lenox - a short drive.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were here this past week. They do not follow the hours posted, so we were glad to see they were open. You must place your order at the counter and then sit down and they serve your order to you. The crepes are excellent. Service good also. Wooden tables are very sticky and need to be cleaned better.
Drinks served in glass canning jars are tacky, in my opinion. I would definitely go back. They really know their crepes