“What fun! What kitsch! Great food”

Starving Artist Cafe and Creperie
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Lee
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Starving Artist serves freshly-made sweet and savory crepes, panini sandwiches, soups, salads and baked goods, fair-trade and organic pour-over and drip coffee, organic teas, fresh juices and smoothies and other gourmet foods using quality local and organic ingredients.All of our food is made fresh to order. The menu changes seasonally. Enjoy the free wifi internet, artwork, and comfy couch seating!
Brooklyn, New York
“What fun! What kitsch! Great food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A very cool and hip restaurant -- especially great for brunch. Terrific offerings (even for vegetarians and vegans -- and omnivores). Lots of local artists show their works and the staff works hard to make great food. Very reasonably priced (save for the orange juice which was advertised as "fresh squeezed" and I saw them pour from a store bought bottle). Aside from that, we loved our food and the scene.

• Visited July 2014

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good smoothies”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Enjoyed a breakfast meal of smoothies and muffins at Starving Artist on a trip to Lee, Mass., in July 2014. Recommended.

Visited July 2014
Princeton, NJ
“Cool Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Cool concept --- casual food in a casual art gallery (photo) with a portion of the proceeds going to kids with autism.

Looking for a break from five days of the same old continental breakfast at our hotel, we headed for the Starving Artist because we read about their crepes. And they did not disappoint. I had a breakfast crepe with eggs and cheese that was excellent. However, when I saw the crepes coming out accompanied by a plain green salad (in the morning with eggs? ), I asked for something else and was given sliced apples (photo). My wife had a nice bowl of fresh fruit.

Surprisingly, the coffee was served just barely warm. It was not particularly robust either.

We enjoyed wandering around the gallery viewing art on the walls. As I said, cool place!

2 Thank TeamMan
Albany, New York
“Good food with Woodstock, hippie like atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This restaurant is casual; you order at the counter. Their wooden tables are mostly bare, & they have paper napkins. You get your water out of a dispenser with a spout; the water glasses look like small jelly jars. There's a large side room that serves as an art gallery with pictures on the wall. Their specialty is organic sweet & savory crepes, offering vegan & gluten free ones as well. They have sandwiches, salads, soup, etc. & have selections for vegan & vegetarian folks as well. I ordinarily would choose the specialty of the house. As I'd had pancakes for breakfast though, I decided on a panini on flaxseed bread, which was delicious, for lunch. My husband loved their flaxseed bread, said he'd give the place 4 & 1/2 stars, & would like to go back the next time we're in Lee. My sandwich was tasty but was served alone on the plate (i.e, no side, no pickle, etc.). I went back to the counter to buy some plain potato chips. They only had more unusual varieties though, & I wasn't in the mood for that. Their Sun. brunch has live music from 11 am to 2 pm. Also, FYI, they only serve breakfast until 11:30 am.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank fba5
Pekin, Illinois
“Casual restaurant with light fare”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The lunch salads and soup were excellent. They had a special Sunday brunch menu but willingly served us a salad on the regular menu. The restaurant is in the middle of a very attractive shopping street in a typical picturesque town. We stopped here on the way to The Mount in Lenox - a short drive.

• Visited July 2014