“Surprisingly decent near Lenox MA” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Lee

Rodeway Inn Lee
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Lee
New York
“Surprisingly decent near Lenox MA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2007

I would normally never consider staying at a Rodeway Inn, but on the strength of the other reviews here at TripAdvisor I gave this location a shot.

I must say that the accommodations were clean, comfortable , and quiet. Certainly a bargain at an off season price of about $50 a night.

• Liked — clean accomadations where I needed to be at a low price
  • Disliked — minor issues with front desk clerk
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank readytogoagain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jaffa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2007

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn for two weeks ( 9/11 to 9/26) and couldn't have been happier. We were there to hike the Appalachian Trail and wanted a place with a kitchen and close to the area trail heads.

We had Room 17 for $69 a night. It had two double beds and a full, fairly well-equipped kitchen. The place is kept spotlessly clean by Sue. The beds were VERY comfortable. Lots of linens provided daily.

Anything we needed was promptly supplied by Mike, the manager. It was a busy period because of people coming to see the leaves turning color but Mike always made us feel as if we were his most important clients.

One day, we needed help getting from the place we parked our car at the end of one trailhead to the beginning of the trail and Mike's son Nick left his pre-med textbooks to give us a ride. Really nice!

I highly recommend this place! And Lee too.

Try the food at Sullivan Station in the old Lee railroad depot. The food at Friendly's is fine but you'll gain 10 pounds just reading the menu. There is a good laundromat near the Rite Aid in Lee (don't use the place near Joe's Diner as the machines rip up your clothes). There is free internet service at the Lee library and they are really super about saving a space for you.

• Liked — Great location, large room, kitchen, price
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JaffaHiker
Wareham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2007

We booked our stay at the Roadway Inn through the Choice Hotels Friends and family program. My brother works for Choice Hotels and we were attending the Jazz Festival at Tanglewood. Being there so many Choice Hotel Chains in the area I contacted my brother to book my room. He secured to Roadway Inn six weeks in advance of the holiday weekend (Labor Day). The next day after booking my room the Manager Mike contacted me and told me he would not honor my reservations and that I need to find other accomadations. He would not offer the Discounted rate and his standard rate for that weeked was $169.00 per night. I contact Choice hotels customer service, and they insured me that was reservation was valid and my rooms were secured. We were not sure what to expect when we arrived. Mike was somewhat surprised to see us arrive and did sputter about having to give us the rooms. He did with some grief but in the end did honor our reservation and the discounted price. Again stating to us the REAL room rates of $169.00 pn ([--] had him listed at $119 pn). The rooms were clean and adequate for what we were looking for (just a place to sleep). The beds were rock hard so there wasn't much sleep. The grounds and view is really nice. They have a lovely sitting area in the grass and shade and was nice to sit and read or just chill out. There was a pool and it appeared to clean and there was plently of pool side seating. They did provide a contintenal breakfast which was limited but they had to go coffee which was nice to take out in the grassy area or pool side to sit and enjoy. The motel is nice and close to Tanglewood and served our purpose for the weekend. Nothing special, but not bad either.

• Liked — Location to Tanglewood
  • Disliked — The BEDS
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
Essex UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2007

Stayed here for 1 night which was enough. Cost was 195 dollars for which i expected far more. Feels like a cheap motel.

Small, dark room, uncomfortable beds, noisy aircon which was unuseable if you wanted to sleep at night.

Limited continental breakfast served by reception desk to take back to room or eat outside. No staff to be seen except for at checkin.

Would only stay here if price was around 60-70 dollars.
Area is nice which may be why it's so expensive.

Stayed in several far better hotels during our travels for the same money or less !!!

Look elsewhere before booking here.

• Liked — proximity to event we were attending/location
  • Disliked — small dark rooms, poor standard of beds/furniture/bathroom etc.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wesoweso

Travellers are raving about these Lee hotels

Merida, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2007

I stayed at this motel in August 2007. I booked it through the hotel website, and used my AAA membership to get a price of $67.00 (before taxes). At this price, the motel was what I expected, but I would not have wanted to pay much more than that.

I stayed at this hotel because I was passing through the area on my way to Montreal. I would not have wanted to stay another night at it. If the Stockbridge/Lee area is the main focus of your trip, I'd recommend staying at another place. But this motel works well as a cheap place to sleep when you're just passing through. Unfortunately, they require a minimum of a two night stay during summer weekends.

The room and grounds were very clean. The pool area was nice, and there is also another shaded area with comfortable chairs. The staff members at the front desk seemed very friendly, although I only spoke with them at check in and check out. The motel is about a 5 minutes car ride away from a lot of different restaurants. There is internet in the room, but you have to look around for it. It is not marked- I found my hook up near the phone towards the ground. Also, be sure you have your own cable to hook your computer up to the internet.

I had a room with a king size bed- but the bed seemed a bit unstable. It was just me, so it wasn't a problem. I'm not sure how it would have been if there was another person.

The breakfast was not really worth much at all. It's on a table in the small office where you check in. So there are no places to sit with the food. There is a picnic table outside the office, but if it's raining, taken, or too cold, you will have to bring the food back to your room. Of course, there really isn't much food there to take. There are some bagels (and a toaster), muffins (which I tried, but they tasted quite stale) and some cereal. I gave up on that breakfast and bought some food elsewhere.

If I am passing through the area again, I would probably consider staying there again. But if I'm planning on being in the area for longer, I will find a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SaraMc81
Englewood, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2007

Stayed at the Rodeway at the height of the season. The location is great for Tanglewood and other cultural activities. The motel is clean, the owners were extremely friendly and helpful, the continental breakfast was modest but the coffee was delicious, the grounds are well kept and the pool is great. The rooms are set very far back from the road so there is no traffic noise. Rooms have refrigerator and microwave but no hair dryer. In other words, it's modest but clean and fine. Have stayed in other motels in Pittsfield and definitely prefer this location. Lee is charming with some good restaurants.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy07631
Manhattan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2007

The hotel was perfect for what we needed. The room and pool were very clean. The breakfast was adequate. Mike, the owner and his son were very friendly and helpful to anything we asked or needed. I would definitly stay there again. An added plus is that the hotel is centrally located to all venues in the Berkshires.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Small room
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank SK147
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Chambery Inn
Chambery Inn
#3 of 9 in Lee
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Rodeway Inn Lee? Share your experiences!