“Nice, especially for the price”
Review of Rodeway Inn Lee

Rodeway Inn Lee
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice, especially for the price”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

A standard '50's motel, we returned for our second stay in 2 years. Quiet, clean, new carpet and new paint, very fast Wifi...all the essentials are there. It's a short drive to any of the major attractions...15-20 minutes to Jacob's Pillow and Tanglewood.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kab0406

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston
Reviewed 15 July 2012

If you need a place to just rest your head after a day/night of enjoying activities in the area, and you aren't looking for anything fancy, this place may suit your needs. It's not a room I would necessarily relax in during the day. We checked in, dropped off stuff, left and were only there to sleep. Overall clean, and looks like they may ave done some repainting/small improvements.They do have a pool. The "breakfast" didn't suit our needs.

We stayed one night, and left early the next morning. Would only consider staying there again if they rate was the cheapest and each day was packed to little time was spent in the actual Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ARD1980
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed here overnight, 05/27/12. At 4am I went into bathroom to find it swarming with cockroaches. They were everywhere, in shower, on sink, even on my toothbrush! I slammed the door and we were out of there at first light. We had to stop at a nearby gas station to use the facilities and get somewhat cleaned up. When we got home, we called and spoke to the assistant manager, who was less than helpful. He said we should have called him. Yeah right, we're going to call someone into our room at 4am! We will follow through on this via AAA or Rodeway because, guess what, we want our money back!

Room Tip: pack plenty of bug spray
Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank barbara g

Travellers are raving about these Lee hotels

Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 March 2012

When you pay $40 for an hotel in New England don't expect too much !!! Well you got the basics here... Room next to your car, a bed, fridge, microwave and wifi !! Good enough... Juice and coffee with toast for breakfast so try to go somewhere else for your healthy breakfast !!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank benoitleblanc
Albany, New York
Reviewed 30 October 2011

A storm hit the northeast on Oct. 29th. We were not able to travel due to the snowstorm. Called around 4pm to cancel, hoping that they would due to the circumstances of the weather. I was told to call back to talk to a manager. I called back at 6pm and was told to hold on..they put the phone down and I could hear whatever they were doing for about 10 minutes..they never came back to me. So I called back at 9pm and was put on hold again..again they just put the phone down and I listened to a guest telling the clerk/manager that there was no reason of them to input his drivers license ID number into the computer. The guest was very upset and the clerk/manager said it was Choice Hotels that required it. I work for Choice hotels and have never heard of such a thing..sure we check ID..for cash paying costumers but would never need the ID number on their license. Anyway...after the guest left the two clerks/manager talked to each other for a few minutes...never coming back to me. I looked at my cell and had been listening to all of this of 11 minutes. So I hung up and called back. A woman answered and told me she could not help me...she asked for my number and said she would call me in the morning....Nobody ever called me. So I called back the following day and the general manager..Mr. Desai said that he charged me for a no-show and would not help me at all..I explained our problems with traveling in the storm and the different bad phone experiences I had the night before trying to talk with someone..everything I just wrote above...and he just didn't care. All they wanted was my money..which was on a $27.oo charge...they must really need my $27. Its sad to see that the company I work for, Choice Hotels, has managers with bad attitudes. This is not the first time I have had poor experiences with Choice Hotels properties..and as an employe I would expect the same service as everyone else...as a paying guest..maybe not here but at other properties, the management sometimes does not treat you the same as they would with a regular paying guest.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank DBS75
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The Rodeway was the epitome of "you get what you pay for." The motel architecture indicated that it had been around for 50+ years. Yet, the exterior and interior sported fresh paint and the carpet in the room, and the bathroom tile floor also seemed recent. The room was spotless and everything worked perfectly...A/C, outlets, bathroom lighting. We skipped the simple continental breakfast, however, in favor of an in-town diner . Location on the outskirts of the village made for easy access to both Jacob's Pillow and Tanglewood.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2011

In June of this year, while traveling away on business to neighboring Stockbridge, I had the (dis)pleasure of staying at this Inn. While trying to sleep, workers were outside working on replacing carpet in most of the rooms. carpenters had rolls of carpet rolled out in the parking lot. As business had me staying for only a few hours, before leaving later that day for Ramsey (New Jersey), I slept pretty much in my clothes. The mattresses felt lumpy and the bed crawly. Upon waking up, a co-worker alerted me to the fact that there was no shower curtain in the bathroom. We checked out with no intention of ever returning. As a Choice Hotel property, this inn should take more pride in the accommodations they provide.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank TillettMD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Econo Lodge
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area

Been to Rodeway Inn Lee? Share your experiences!