“Very thoughtful, nice, cultured owners with very comfortable beds, and neat.”
Review of Rodeway Inn Lee

Rodeway Inn Lee
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lee
California
“Very thoughtful, nice, cultured owners with very comfortable beds, and neat.”
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Jeff & I felt very listened to, when requesting a room or a change during our 2 week stay there. We are from the central coast of California. It was a fairly quiet stay, and surrounded by green lawn and a pool in the front felt peaceful. Laurel Lake was 4 minutes away and the town center was in walking distance. Tanglewood was so close as well and we availed ourselves of it twice during our stay. I would say the family owned motel was run very efficiently, thoughtfully for customer needs! And when our 18 yr old grandaughter died tragically in an automobile accident back on the West cost they were very accomodating ofour needs and our leaving a day or two earlier. Thanks so much! We do highly recommend this Rodeway Inn. Anne & Jeff

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Every summer, a group of us from Boston spend at least one summer weekend at Tanglewood to hear the Boston Orchestra concerts. Thus we have to find a place for one night, is fairly close to Tanglewood and is affordable. Based upon the previous reviews, I decided to give Rodeway Inn in Lee a try this year. We all loved it. The four of us fitted into a room with two double beds (Room #5) with plenty of extra space. The room for one night only costed each of us $39 each - a great value. Driving to Tanglewood is simple and short - another plus. The room was pretty basic but again spacious and clean. I was worried because they only had smoking rooms left when we made our reservation but the room smelled fine. I never would have known that this was a smoking room. We tried out the pool too - nice but a little cool temperature -wise. The breakfast was simple but better than I thought. We would have no problem booking a room here again for another Tanglewood weekend. A great value for this area for those on a budget.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
New England
Reviewed 8 October 2008

I stayed here this summer en route to Tanglewood. The motel is a barebones place. If you're looking for luxury, this place is not for you. I was looking for a cheap, clean room with close access to Tanglewood. I got exactly what I was looking for.

My room had 2 double beds, a working refridgerator, cable TV, and wireless internet. Room was clean and comfy. Mattress was extra firm which I liked, but I know that's not for everyone. Price was right. I looked into a nearby B&B for over $250! There is also a pool which I did not use.

It's a great location, right next to Lenox and close to Lee Center & the Outlets. Had a great breakfast at Joe's Diner, and an outstanding sandwich at Juice N' Java. All in all it was a great experience. Would stay again.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Ridgewood, N.J.
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I arrived with my printed confirmation which stated the price and number of guests for my room . The woman at the desk tried to charge me more than was on my confirmation! The place was way overpriced as it is at over $160 a night. This is a repulsive flop house. The rooms are tiny, smelly, the pillows are flat and the shower comes out in a trickle. We did not stay for breakfast, but what I saw as the breakfast set up was disgusting...several dirty old toasters in a little waiting area in the office! The whole Berkshire area has a problem with the quality in relation to price of hotels anyway, but this place was the absolute pits!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank wonderwoman7757

Travellers are raving about these Lee hotels

nehiker
Reviewed 30 June 2008

We needed a place to stay one night in Lee. Based on our goggle search, there seemed to be two places under $100 (Super 8 right next to I-90 and this place about 1.5 miles north of I-90; downtown Lee is in the middle). All other places were charming-sounding B&B's for $200-300. Having read TripAdvisor's reviews, we decided on Rodeway Inn and have no regrets, to say the least.

While this place looks cheap from the outside and simple on the inside, it is fantastic on the substance. Our large room had windows on both sides. One faced the road, but it was sufficiently far away and below (or perhaps there were simply too few trucks), that one could hardly hear it (and I am sensitive to noise). The other side faced a beautiful grassy area in front of the woods. Our king-size bed was very comfortable. In addition to the usual TV, alarm clock, etc, our room had a microwave, a small fridge, coffee maker, some dishes, a kitchen sink, and a rocking chair (of the safe kind). We heard no noise from other guests (even though there were at least a few others).

There was a large heater in the room with automatic temperature control. Needless to say, we did not test it in the second half of June. There was also a large A/C unit embedded into the back wall (not window). We did not test whether it was noisy, as the windows on the opposite sides kept the room very comfortable. There was also a pool, which was open during the day, and supposedly WiFi (we did not have our laptops with us to test it).

The continental breakfast was pretty good as far as these go, though not spectacular: coffee, tee, OJ, milk, 2 kinds of cereal (Cheerios and Raisin Bran; the previous afternoon, they had some kind of Chex instead of RB), one kind of large bagels, small blueberry muffins, English muffins, and some sweet cakes. The breakfast area is small, but they provide trays to take the food to your room or the benches outside.

Downtown Lee, with a variety of eating establishments and stores (including a supermarket and a large pharmacy) is a pleasant 15-minute WALK away, going across the Housatonic River (Downtown Lee might be marginally closer to the Super 8, which also has a McDonald's nearby).

This motel seems to be run by a small family and one employee, all of whom were extremely nice.

Generally, I like to find something wrong with a place. In this case, I really had to try hard to come up even with something ridiculous:
(1) the milk was either skim or 1%, and I like whole milk! (but perhaps they alternate it)
(2) the bathroom light switch is in the main room, not in the bathroom (so if you go to the bathroom at night, the light from the bathroom is more likely to awaken your partner while you open and close the bathroom door).

Anyway, we both really enjoyed our stay here. Many thanks to the owners/stuff. If we ever need to stay in the area again, we'll certainly stay here and hope this place won't change.

• Liked — quite, comfortable, nice owners
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nehiker
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed 20 April 2008

My husband and I stayed one night at the Rodeway and after reading "MeterMaid's" review, I'd just like to say, "ditto." I endorse her comments - if you're looking for basic accomodation at a reasonable price, this is the place.

We paid $59 through the Choice Hotels website. The room was clean and was in very good shape. (Looked like it had been painted recently and the rug was fairly new as well.) Beds were OK, very firm. Shower - no tub. There were only a few other guests and since the rooms next to us weren't occupied, I can't vouch for the soundproofness of the walls. Due to the location of the motel off the road and being surrounded by open space, it was very quiet.

Simple breakfast (cereal, bagels, muffins, coffee, juice) available for "carry-out." We ate dinner at Sullivan Station in Lee (a converted train station) that night, and would recommend it if you're looking for good, simple fare.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 April 2008

We were looking for a budget spot for a weekend, and this fit the bill. Room 22 (and there are differences) had two queen beds, recliner, small table with two chairs, very small microwave & refrigerator. The towels, furnishings, etc., are what you would expect for a budget motel. Everything was clean and in decent repair, and the staff were helpful.
We spend time in the Berkshires frequently, since it's a short drive. Everything in this area is high in-season, but in "mud season" this motel was still more reasonable than most. We would return, as well as recommend it to others who would understand what they're getting for the money.
Although we could hear the neighbors, the place itself benefits from being next to but above the road. We did not notice traffic noise at all.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Cheap towels
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MeterMaid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Econo Lodge
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area

Been to Rodeway Inn Lee? Share your experiences!