Rodeway Inn Lee
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Blantyre(Lenox)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom with queen bedsexcellent motelhill overlookingc unitroad noisenice poolbudget hotelmass pikeflat screen tvcoffee and teagreat barringtontanglewoodmicrowavepittsfieldserviceablemassachusettsoutlets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2007

I stayed at this motel in August 2007. I booked it through the hotel website, and used my AAA membership to get a price of $67.00 (before taxes). At this price, the motel was what I expected, but I would not have wanted to pay much more than that.

I stayed at this hotel because I was passing through the area on my way to Montreal. I would not have wanted to stay another night at it. If the Stockbridge/Lee area is the main focus of your trip, I'd recommend staying at another place. But this motel works well as a cheap place to sleep when you're just passing through. Unfortunately, they require a minimum of a two night stay during summer weekends.

The room and grounds were very clean. The pool area was nice, and there is also another shaded area with comfortable chairs. The staff members at the front desk seemed very friendly, although I only spoke with them at check in and check out. The motel is about a 5 minutes car ride away from a lot of different restaurants. There is internet in the room, but you have to look around for it. It is not marked- I found my hook up near the phone towards the ground. Also, be sure you have your own cable to hook your computer up to the internet.

I had a room with a king size bed- but the bed seemed a bit unstable. It was just me, so it wasn't a problem. I'm not sure how it would have been if there was another person.

The breakfast was not really worth much at all. It's on a table in the small office where you check in. So there are no places to sit with the food. There is a picnic table outside the office, but if it's raining, taken, or too cold, you will have to bring the food back to your room. Of course, there really isn't much food there to take. There are some bagels (and a toaster), muffins (which I tried, but they tasted quite stale) and some cereal. I gave up on that breakfast and bought some food elsewhere.

If I am passing through the area again, I would probably consider staying there again. But if I'm planning on being in the area for longer, I will find a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SaraMc81
Reviewed 1 August 2007

Stayed at the Rodeway at the height of the season. The location is great for Tanglewood and other cultural activities. The motel is clean, the owners were extremely friendly and helpful, the continental breakfast was modest but the coffee was delicious, the grounds are well kept and the pool is great. The rooms are set very far back from the road so there is no traffic noise. Rooms have refrigerator and microwave but no hair dryer. In other words, it's modest but clean and fine. Have stayed in other motels in Pittsfield and definitely prefer this location. Lee is charming with some good restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy07631
Reviewed 16 July 2007

The hotel was perfect for what we needed. The room and pool were very clean. The breakfast was adequate. Mike, the owner and his son were very friendly and helpful to anything we asked or needed. I would definitly stay there again. An added plus is that the hotel is centrally located to all venues in the Berkshires.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank SK147
Reviewed 1 May 2007

This motel is okay as long as you take it for what it is – inexpensive accommodation. It is a family-run motel that handles the basics. The daughter checked me in with no problems (although she asked for my driver’s license number –I asked her why she needed that. She replied “For ID”. I declined to give her the number). The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The microwave and fridge are a nice touch. They offer a small, very basic breakfast too.

It is a bit away from the Interstate, so make sure you have directions to find it if you do not know the area well.

• Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank Valdiri
Reviewed 23 April 2007

I can't believe what a terrible time we had with this hotel -- the guy who runs it was SO rude to us, plus he outright lied to us about the price of the room and its availability, and he "lost" our reservation. We didn't end up staying there because he was such a jerk...be forewarned, if you think you've made a reservation, it may or may not actually be there when you get there -- and be prepared to be treated horribly when you try to figure out what happened.

• Stayed: April 2007