“Relaxing, comfortable, serene setting”
Review of Devonfield Inn

Devonfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Lee B&B and Inns
villanova, pa
“Relaxing, comfortable, serene setting”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

The Devonfield Inn was a perfect weekend getaway for our family. The house, the surroundings everything was absolutely beautiful and picturesque . Ronnie and Bruce make you feel at home. From the scrumptious breakfast to the comfortable surroundings. We had a perfect stay! Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hjapa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Awe some house great owners breakfast gorgeous, watch puit for the road noise from the nearby Interstate , I was woken many times by the roar of juggernauts galngingt through the gear box as they drove past , it did spoil the peace and quiet.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The Devonfield Inn is a beautiful New England home nestled in the Berkshires. Our room located at the top of the stairs on the first floor overlooked the large rear lawn. Although the room was large the fireplace and conopied queen bed made it romantic and cozy. The Inn is perfectfully located with easy access to the all local attractions from Tanglewood to Williamstown. The proprietors Ronnie and Bruce are accomodating and helpful in suggesting places to visit and the restaurants in which to dine. A trip to the berkshires would not be complete without a stay at the Devonfield Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We were seriously considering having our wedding at the Devonfield. The Inn is absolutely beautiful inside and out; I found it very impressive and luxorious. We did not stay over but we went on a wedding tour. The Inn keeper Bruce is very passionate about what he does however he is not a good listener! We are planning a wedding and were trying to explain exactly what we are looking for but he just kept on talking about rooms. He walked us around for too long and had us look at rooms after I tried to intervene several times and say that were weren't concerned as much about how beautiful the rooms are that we wanted to spend more time looking at the dining room and the grounds. Each time I tried to crack a joke or ask a question he just talked over me. My fiance and I were rather frustrated with Bruce. He was however very good at discussing pricing with us and trying to make a deal. The Inn is gorgeous and the dog Bella is a sweetie. If I had one recommendation for Bruce it'd be to listen to his customers! I would reccomend to stay there for a night or two but not to plan a wedding.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kris8368
Brucesinger, Owner at Devonfield Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2011
At first I thought I would not repond to this review since they never stayed here; however it's difficult not to repond to a negative review.Several times a week we get "unannounced" visitors that would like a tour of the property for an event.Devonfield is first, and primarily, a Bed & Breakfast. Accordingly, it's about the Rooms. Most often a family takes the rooms for a wedding group but rarely is the wedding held on our premises. In fact we discourage events UNLESS a "boutique wedding " of less than 50 people. Obviously, I have better thigs to do with my time than give an in depth tour of the House to someone who was not particularly interested in the Rooms. Yes, I am VERY passionate about Devonfield and enjoy showcasing it to anyone wishing to have a tour of this historic property which, up until now, has been universally appreciated. Either the reviewer is correct that I am a poor listener or they are a poor communicator. One only has to read the 50+ reviews we have to see how often Ronnie & I are mentioned by name and complimented for enhancing the guest experience. I only wish we had the opportunity to do the same for this young couple. Hopefully they found another beautiful location in the Berkshires, had a wonderful wedding and are living happily ever after.
Harrison, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Just completed our annual trek to the Berkshires and we stayed at our favorite place again...Devonfield! Ronnie and Bruce Singer are the warmest most welcoming hosts. The atmosphere is just wonderful...friendly and caring. The breakfasts change everyday and are delicious. Newspapers are brought in every day for the guests. If it's a camp weekend and they know it will be crowded, they send you a list of restaurants and remind you to make reservations early. How special is that? In my case I misplaced my wedding band and they combed our room and found it between some of my magazines. They left a message on my cell to say that they found it! We feel so at home here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank walker154
New England
Reviewed 7 July 2010

The TripAdvisor reviews are right on target. This is a successful, well run B&B with a happy ownership and staff. The building and grounds are well kept and the cottage makes for a beautiful stay. The pool is very nice on those hot summer days. They will try to accommodate late check outs which many places don't want to be bothered with, even if the room is not in demand. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NEasternUSA
CT
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I highly recommend this Inn for its charm, luxury and tranquility. We truly felt at home and will definitely return in the future. Our room was perfect and comfortable, the breakfast was excellent and the entire property was clean and elegant.

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank camelmania
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Inn at Stockbridge
Inn at Stockbridge
#2 of 8 in Stockbridge
Federal House Inn

Been to Devonfield Inn? Share your experiences!