“One of our Berkshires favorites”
Review of Bombay Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Bombay Bar & Grill
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is one of the few Indian restaurants in the Berkshires that regularly and reliably prepares a broad range of Indian dishes from different regions and does so extremely well. Tandoori dishes are always moist - perfectly prepared. The menu also has dishes on the menu that we don't commonly see in other Indian restaurants and all are prepared well. We find this to be on a par with many first-rate Indian restaurants in New York City and Washington, DC.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We remembered a very good restaurant as we approached Lee MA from the north and hoped that is was still worth it. We had a party of five with a range of tolerance for spice. All agreed that this was an outstanding example of Indian food. Three had traveled in India.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My Boston based daughter never visits us in the Berkshires without a visit to Bombay. She has told us that given her choice, she would eat all of her meals there. Over the years, we have enjoyed many dinners with great sunset views on the lake and some weekday lunch buffets, good but with limited choices, Today we enjoyed our first Sunday Buffet, reasonably priced, and with a large selection of all wonderful food. The choices were very varied, not overly spiced and lots of dishes to please a vegan taste as well as numerous chicken items and one lamb dish. People from New York have told us that Bombay surpasses all of the Indian restaurants in the city. Looking forward to my daughter's next visit so we have a reason to go back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the black swan and decided to take advantage of the restaurant located on the property. I was pleasantly surprised as this was the first time having this type of food and with the recommendation of our server I loved my chicken dish. The staff was very nice but the only problem I had was my husband tried to turn to look out the window at the lake and when he leaned on the table my wine went flying. He looked down and noticed that there was something underneath to help with the leveling of the table we told the gentleman who was cleaning up but they never offered to replace the wine and I thought that was not right but all in all the food is great and I would definitely check it out again!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Very small rest seats 60. On a lake. Sunny at sundown, try to arrive right before the sun sets. Food better than you would expect in a small town. People nice. Crowded make reservation. Really enjoyed it.