“Good seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Third or fourth time to Salmon Run. Never disappointed. A good selection of seafood, prepared well. It's very popular, so make a reservation. Nice change of pace from the multitude of Italian restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Good stop for seafood in the Berkshires. I've had 4 meals here and haven't been disappointed...seafood is fresh and well prepared.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The owners are telling you something --- they are saying "our salmon is fresh and delicious." So, you would be a fool to order cod or scallops or fried shrimp or anything other than salmon.

Fortunately, Salmon Run gives you lots of options. You can get your salmon grilled, teriyaki style, cajun, poached, baked or bourbon glazed, among others. We selected bourbon glazed and it was fabulous! The fish was fresh and the glaze enhanced the flavor and then some.
We asked for some extra glaze which we used as a dip for the crunchy sweet potato fries. Good cole slaw topped off the entrée.

The meal started off on a high note when our server brought a board with wonderful house made Rustica bread served warm with cold butter. By the way, our server was friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable.

We will return soon and maybe we'll try the salmon prepared some other way, although it will tough to not order the bourbon glaze again.

4  Thank TeamMan
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have dined at this restaurant several times before, while vacationing in the area previous years, and were pleased with the food and the service. We were dismayed and disappointed this time. The Lobster Bisque, which had been delicious, tasted like canned tomato soup with a few shreds of lobster meat added - it was average at best. The grilled salmon with shrimp was good, though slightly overcooked, but my daughter's shrimp scampi was unremarkable, and she had only 4 medium shrimp in the whole dinner entrée! As for my son-in-law's baked seafood combo, one piece of his fish was grossly undercooked and still translucent, another component was overcooked and rubbery, and the piece of salmon still had the scales on the skin, some of which accidentally ended up in his mouth! I had inquired as to the content of the "mixed seasonal vegetables" and was told it was squash, broccoli and carrots, which was fine with me. It actually was zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, red peppers, and onions. Had I been told this, I may not have ordered it, or would have requested no peppers or onions, as I cannot eat them! The vegetables were overcooked and tasteless. The drinks were served in plastic tumblers, like you would find in a diner - and 3 of them were cracked - one so bad the drink was leaking onto the table! My son-in-law requested a spoon, and the waitress was holding the bowl of the spoon - the part you put in your mouth - when she handed it to him! My daughter ate almost none of her meal, as she didn't like any of it, and my son-in-law left much of his also. They did offer my daughter another meal, but at that point the rest of us were more than half done, and she didn't want to hold up the rest of us. They deducted part of our bill for the meals that were not consumed. We left unsatisfied and unimpressed.

2  Thank NMoore2896
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I chose this restaurant on a whim and the fact that us was busy. We had traveled to Lee for a bit of shopping at the outlets and stopped here first for some lunch. My wife had their lobster roll which was loaded and served open faced because you could not close it. She said it was the best lobster roll she had ever had. That says a lot considering we have great seafood in our home state and we travel often to Maine for their seafood. I had the seafood fradiavlo. It was loaded with with muscles, clams, scallops and shrimp. Although good, the sauce was not up to my standards or taste. The restaurant is nicely decorated, clean with good service. It's worth a try.