“Mediocrity at its finest!”

Athena's Pizza House
Ranked #24 of 48 Restaurants in Lee
Cuisines: Pizza
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Mediocrity at its finest!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

While dining here with out of town guests, I was pleased with the overall atmosphere, cheerful staff and prompt service. Our server was friendly and worked to make sure that our experience was positive. I must say though, some points were lost for cleanliness and food prep. Our guests ordered fried calamari, which they said had mediocre flavor and the added bonus of a hair, which happens sometimes. 3 of 5 app plates had food particles on them, and one of our drinks had a piece of black pepper in it. I was also surprised to see that we were charged for refills, that just seems to be over capitalization. I would go back based on the quality of service, but I will be inspecting my food, dishes and utensils thoroughly.

• Visited April 2014

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Open sign lit at 10:30am!doors locked! No hours posted on door or site!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Pulled in at 1030am 2 other cars were there. Neon open sign was lit! Got out of car. door was locked. No hours posted. So I looked up there website for hours. No hours on there either. So as a last resort I called.I'm assuming the owner answered the phone. I asked I am curious of your hours. He said 11am.i kindly replied oh well your open sign is lit and 2 other people were here and left. He said I just turned it on but I open at 11. So I said ok I was just letting you know that customers are leaving and may not come back because of the sign. He said sarcastically I WILL GO TURN IT OFF JUST FOR YOU! I then said I was just letting you know because I liked eating here last time.i never had such terrible service! They been there for several years and don't post there business hours! Then I call and get an attitude!what a joke of a man!I will be spreading the word!

• Visited March 2014
Curwensville, Pennsylvania
“Superb Service - Very Clean”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

You may dine inside, outside or take out. Clean restaurant, bathrooms and exterior. Plenty of packing. No scenic view but not the worst view. I only had pizza and it was your basic pizza and the baker served me personal when the pizza was cooked. Hikers are welcomed.

• Visited July 2013
Agawam, Massachusetts
“More Pizza than Greek”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Nice location, good parking. The restaurant area is clean and tidy, we went their passing through Lee thinking it was a Greek, but alas no, it is a blend of cuisine's. I tried the Mousaka it was dry and not very good. For what we ate it is very expensive and I for one would not go back.

Visited June 2013
Tyringham
“good pizza and getting better”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Their pizza really is good and getting better. The wings are another "goodie" -- there's something for everyone here and I say that with experience as we've been there just the two of us but several times when we've had at least three generations represented. Something for the children, the teenagers and the grandparents. Greek salad is superb and the baklava super good. Truly something for everyone. And the staff is so friendly. Even recommended ordering the sodas by the pitcher when we had a raft of kids with us. Made things a lot easier. .

• Visited August 2012