“Great food and service in Berkshire County”

Cakewalk Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Lee
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the place to go fro a great breakfast or lunch. The food is made from scratch and tasty and healthy. The soups are all home made and awesome and the quiches are really good. For a great sandwich or pastry you cannot go wrong at Cakewalk.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Everything is made from scratch on-site. We had scone and muffin for breakfast --both were delicious. We were so pleased, we returned for lunch and had Moroccan carrot soup and turkey sandwich. Again, everything was delicious. Old-fashioned ambience matches the rest of Lee, Lenox, and surrounding towns. Place your order at the counter and then either take it out or eat in. Excellent and friendly service. Could not be better.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had the Cinnamon Rose croissant. Forget all you've heard about cronuts, etc. Cakewalk's Cinnamon Rose is outstanding--buttery, flaky, not too sweet, just cinnamon-y enough.
We also had a bran muffin. So many bran muffins are way too oily or dense. Not this one.
We were only sorry we couldn't try more goodies. The capuccinos were also good.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very limited breakfast menu. But I had two tasty fried eggs and absolutely the best cappuccino I've had in a long time (I practically live at Starbucks at home, and I think this was even better than their coffee). And the price was downright cheap. Strong WiFi signal and nice atmosphere. Would have given 5 stars if breakfast menu had more options.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

On a recent trip to the Berkshires, I met an old friend in Lee one morning for coffee at the Cakewalk Bakery and Café. What a treat! Because I am a sucker for a cinnamon roll, I ordered a Cinnamon Rose with my Chai spice coffee and could hardly believe my taste buds.

First, the coffee was rich, foamy and smooth, and complimented the pastry perfectly. But the real treat was the Cinnamon Rose, a roll similar in appearance to Starbucks Morning Bun, but far more moist and rich. The flavor and texture were so remarkable, I commented on how wonderful it was to one of the staff passing our table. I was informed that Anita Forzano, who prepares the croissant and pastry dough fresh every morning from scratch, layers in the ingredients and rolls it out just right so that it is flaky and moist.

All of the pastries at Cakewalk looked scrumptious and, based on my single experience, probably live up to their appearance. No doubt the same care and quality goes into the rest of the menu and I look forward to returning to Lee sometime for a full meal...and another cinnamon rose.