“Don't order take out”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Leicester
Leicester, Massachusetts
“Don't order take out”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The food quality and portions seem to vary greatly when ordering take-out vs. dining in at Barber’s. I’ve ordered take-out three or four times from Barber’s during the past few months (due to my elderly mother’s periodic inability to dine in), and each time something was not quite right. You have to check your bag(s)/container(s) when picking the food up, for sure. Portions are much smaller (if they even get them right at all), especially when it comes to sides, and forget desserts all together (especially the strawberry shortcake). As far as dining in is concerned, we’ve noticed changes as well, as far as quality and prices go. If it wasn’t for my mom’s fondness for their fish and chips, I would not be going to Barber’s at all anymore.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank lynninma

West Brookfield
“Better than Expected”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We've lived in the area for quite a while and eat out a lot; but we've steered clear of this restaurant based on some earler reviews. However, at the urging of a friend, we went there recently for their twin lobster special. Surprise ! We liked it ! My wife had the twin lobsters and I had prime rib. The food was very good. The service was very good. The atmosphere was very casual (ok, rustic); but it was neat and clean. Prices were very reasonable. It was so good the first time that we went back with friends a couple of weeks later. Same result. We'll be back again. If you like linen and crystal, you might want to steer clear. But, if you can handle rustic, you should consider giving this place a try.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank pilgrim0001
“Bad Easter Dinner!!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I would not recommend this restaurant. Our meal was bland -Virginia baked ham as advertised was misrepresented. We were served a very inexpensive boneless watery ham. It was also advertised to have a cherry/pineapple sauce with cherries and pineapples. Sauce had no flavor and 1cherry or 1 pineapple piece. We paid 12.99 -not cheap for ham. We were no offered any dinner rolls. It was a very big disappointment will not return.Tried to reach management to resolve our issues and no one had the courtesy to contact us or reply to our e-mails. They apparently do not care about their reputation. Do not recommend!!!

“Easter Dinner Special.....NOT SO SPECIAL!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I met my family for a supposed nice Easter dinner out. Well there was really nothing nice about it. Family members that ordered the ham dinner were very disappointed. I was even disappointed for them and glad at the last minute I changed my meal choice until I had a piece of the turkey on my plate. First those with the ham dinner....for $12.99 was probably worth $5.00. The ham looked cheap and thinly sliced. The sides wouldn't even fill a small child' appetite. Can't forget to mention that there were no dinner rolls or a small garden salad. Put it this way....I think cafateria food looked better than my family members that ordered the ham. I myself ordered the turkey dinner. Again priced around $12.99. This was not a special but a regular item. It looked nice but was very bland. There was no choice of vegetables....just some steamed unseasoned puny carrots. The turkey was complete dry & no flavor. The two teaspoons full of stuffing that hid under the turkey was your run of the mill stove top stuffing. Oh & don't forget the cranberry sauce that came in a small condiment container.....including the lid. I would have to say that about half of the table seemed very disappointed & left there hungry. At the end of dinner was when we found out there was complimentary popcorn that we never received. I would have to say that this was the first and last time I will ever....and I mean EVER step foot in this establishment. It is completely overpriced and you could get a better meal at your local hospital or school cafeteria. Lastly be forwarned that if you do choose to go and have a bad experience.....one....don't blame me because I warned you & will warn everyone I run into, two....don't bother contacting the owners because you will never hear from them.

2 Thank shara519
Sturbridge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Easter Dinner Special Not Very Inviting”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I went to Barbers Crossing for Easter dinner with my family. Unfortunately the 5 members of the family who ordered the Virginia Baked Ham Special were very disapointed. The other family members had chosen different meals and seemed to be happy with them. The ham I believe was not really Virginia baked ham but a cheap substitute. The ham had glaze on it that had no flavor to speak of. It was suppose to come with cherries and pineapples. My meal had 1 small pineapple chunk with no cherries. The other four ham dinners had 1 cherry or 1 pineapple on them also. The meal also came with a very small and I do mean small dish of mashed potatoes. It also came with a small dish of carrots which also really had no taste. This meal was 12.95, not exactly cheap. We did not even receive any rolls with the holiday meal. I was very disapointed and actually left there hungry. Would not recommend this dish. Didn't even receive the free popcorn.

• Visited April 2012