“Great new hotel”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lenox
Millbury, MA
“Great new hotel”
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Love this hotel. The two person whirlpool was just what the doctor ordered to get rid of the winter blues. My husband and I only went for a quick overnight and for 169 dollars a night I would definately stay there again!

Great place to stay but like other reviews there were alot of kids.

• Liked — The whirlpool was great and the room was spotless
  • Disliked — lots of kids
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 January 2009

Booked a king suite for a long weekend and there are two reasons that I gave this hotel a 4 instead of a 5. The pool is quite small so if there are a lot of families, it's quite busy. The AM breakfast buffet is included in the room rate and while they did their best to provide a variety, it's OK. Still a good value for the price.

• Liked — Cleanliness of suite
  • Disliked — Size of the indoor pool
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 19 December 2008

This is a nice Hampton Inn. It's new and clean. It is close to many different activities and restaurants. If you are traveling with kids, this is a good choice.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2008

This Hampton Inn is a cut or two above the ususal. I had a king room. It was very clean and quite spacious! The bathroom was also spacious and the toilet was in a separate walled off area from the tub/shower. This is usually found in high-end hotels only, yet it is an important hygiene issue.
The internet was free. It's wired (however, I was able to connect to the wireless since my room was on the first floor near the lobby). Nevertheless, the room was very quiet, no noises.
The morning breakfast was adequate; cereals, fruit, bagels, pastries, ham, egg patties, coffee, tea etc.

The biggest draw back: no on site restaurant. If you have no car (as I did not) there are places in a 10-15 minute walking distance. There is also a grocery store in a 5 minute walking distance and you can use the microwave in the commom area.

A real treat was the Essencials Day Spa. It's not on the Hampton Inn property but is located adjacent to it's drive way. The spa treatments were fabulous! The spa is small but the atmosphere quite comfortable/pleasant/relaxing. I've been to many Spas, this was one of my best experiences. I highly recommend it.

• Liked — Clean spacious room and bathrooms
  • Disliked — No restaurant on site
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Boston, MA
Reviewed 30 November 2008

I highly recommend this Hapton Inn in Lenox, MA. I picked it based on previous posters on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The lobby was clean and inviting. They even offer breakfast in the morning which was nice.

The room was spacious and clean and modern. We had a very nice flat screen TV and a clean, modern bathtub. The only thing I did not like was the sheets made me itchy- no, not from bed bugs- I always check. I always feel itchy at hotels, and I think it is the industrial laundry detergent they must use.

The staff was friendly and even called our room to ask if we were happy with it. I answered yes, and handed the phone over to my three year old, so he could talk the persons ear off. He was very good natured about it.

If we ever make it back out this way I will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — It was clean and modern
  • Disliked — The sheets made me itchy
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Waterloo, Belgium
Reviewed 2 November 2008

The best of our two weeks journey -clean - friendly personal - helpful.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Hartford,CT
Reviewed 14 October 2008

Stayed here based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. Plus the hotel is only 5 months old! I got a King bed room with a 2 person Jacuzzi tub. I also asked for the "romance package" which actually lower the cost from $169 to $152 and I got a bottle of champagne and truffles! The champagne and truffles were suppose to be in the room when we got there, they were not but a simple call to the front desk and 5 minutes later they were at our door. My only complaint is in the Jacuzzis room there are no refrigerators. Other than that it was perfect. Our room was right next to the elevator but we could not hear anything. The people at the front desk were extremely nice. Once small detail that really impressed me was, in the pool area, which is very small, there was a basket of swimies. I have never seen that, but can assume that sometime parents forget to bring them. That impressed me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The bed was very comfortable and the Jacuzzi was very nice!

• Liked — its only 5 months old
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kunman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox? Share your experiences!