“Great dinner”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I went to Alta with my sisters after visiting the Mount. We got a little chilled at the Mount, so the warm atmosphere and service were very welcome. The meal was very good, but honestly, what stands out in my memory is the dessert. We had the fruit crunch and the panna cotta. The crunch was appropriately crunchy and the panna cotta was perfectly creamy. The cafe was very busy, so I'd recommend reservations. The word must be out about its quality to attract so many people on a weekday in May. It was just what we were looking for - warm, tasty and attentive.

1  Thank larhee

Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was preseason in Lenox and the restaurant was full!!
Interesting and varied menu...the fish was very fresh and
pasta was also great. The salads were very fresh also--loved
everything about the place, can't wait to go back

2  Thank 18judys
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place was highly recommended by the B&B we were staying at and received good Yelp reviews so we tried it out -- far exceeded our expectations! Went there for a late dinner on a Friday night without a reservation - easily snagged 2 seats at the bar (would recommend making a rez well in advance for a table though). Staff was knowledgeable and friendly and the food, outstanding. You must order the lamb meatballs as an appetizer - melt in your mouth amazing. I had the quinoa salad with salmon which was tasty and my partner went with the chicken statler - moist and perfectly cooked. We didn't have room for dessert but were told when we got back to the B&B that the creme brulee is to die for. I also thought it was very reasonably priced for the quality and quantity of food -- definitely not one of those places that charges you $30 for a tiny plate. We were stuffed and happy!

2  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I liked this place until I got my Alta salad with salmon. I usually order my salad with salmon. This piece was chewy and about four square inches. Not worth it at all. My friends liked their food. Fun place. They must have run out of salmon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great food. I had the shrimp linguini; better than most you will find in the North End of Boston. Food was very fresh. Only complaint was wait at beginning; sat for several minutes at table not being served. Many servers around. This was a Monday night, busy night, not much open on Monday nights in Lennox, but locals are there, which is always a good sign. Perhaps I should become a local?