“Definitely "Alta"”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

In Latin "alta" means "high", "lofty", "great", and ALTA is all of these.I hadn't eaten at ALTA in a year. Alas! This was not self-denial, merely circumstances. ALTA, I'm happy to say, has not changed. Success has not gone to its staff's head. Everyone there makes it abundantly clear that they are happy to see you and that they want to please you. That evening I went with the specials: gazpacho; broiled giant scallops with baby beets, mashed potatoes and steamed arugula; a dessert that looked like a layered trifle and featured a medley of fresh berries and mascarpone. Everything was well prepared, beautifully presented, and a symphony of taste delights. Is this why they're called specials? I'll be back. A trip to the Berkshires wouldn't be complete without a visit to ALTA.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were in Lenox, CT, for several days and ate both lunch and dinner at Alta. The menu was varied with something for everyone to enjoy. It was delicious. The service was even better and my water glass never got half full before being filled. Well worth the trip.

1  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had an excellent dinner here, far too much food, but it was fantastic. The pork special was great, medium rare, the way I like pork, and the vegetables were very fresh. Great wine menu with Dave to help choose the proper bottle.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We make sure to eat here when we visit Lenox each year. The food and service are excellent...clearly driven by the on site very present owner who visits every table even on busy nights. Very good seafood and nice wine list. very good value. Be sure to make reservations.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We love the crispy tuna appetizer! I don't usually order tuna but this looked so good and I was not disappointed. In fact I thought the next time I would order a double and have it as my meal! Their duck with salted caramel sauce is delish! And the roasted cod over potatoes is the best I've had. It was so good the first time we ate there we have been back twice more. Love love love!!