“A GEM IN LENOX”

Ranked #2 of 19 Lenox B&B and Inns
Belmont, Massachusetts
“A GEM IN LENOX”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Happened upon this Inn, was admiring the gorgeous watercolors on display in the living room when an "angel" named Michele greeted me. I needed to check out of a "dump" I had booked online and had no place to stay. I assumed I could not afford the price of such a beautiful Inn.
Not so, within minutes I was shown the Viola , which became my home for two wonderful days and nights. The service is impeccable, at dinner, breakfast and in-between. Eiran and Michele deserve many kudos for their outstanding hospitality and graciousness. I will return again, to this
Gem in Lenox.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Spent a week-end with friends at this absolutely wonderful bed and breakfast. Innkeepers Michelle and Eiran were as accommodating as is humanly possible without ever getting in the way. I had a medical problem and they could not have been more helpful or solicitous. The breakfasts were beautifully presented and tasted even better, with enough variety to please anyone, and I notices that a guest with a gluten intolerance was specially accomodated. The location was extremely convenient with plenty of parking, and unlike other B&B's where I have stayed, there was immediate help with my bags. This was my first stay here, but will certainly not be my last. We have already booked for next year. I guess it is obvious - I cannot find enough superlatives to describe the Inn or our stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Boynton Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the inn and were delighted with the experience. The room was charming and the host and hostess were wonderful. I can not say enough about the breakfasts served each morning. We also had dinner in the restaurant and found the food prepared and served beautifully. We are looking forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janice L
Boston
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay in Lenox. Close to shops and places to eat and the staff are great. Michelle's breakfasts are not to be missed. Tanglewood is about a mile and a half walk. One thing to know though - they have live music on weekends (or at least when we were there) so if you are an early to bed person, ask for a room farther from lounge area.

• Stayed July 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Right at downtown Lenox, very easy access to anything in the Berkshires.

Spent the weekend with wife and teenage daughter. Daughters first time at a B&B and this was a great introduction. I hope she doesn't expect that kind of accommodation on other trips as you get what you pay for. This is not a quick stop on the highway. Stay here to really enjoy the Berkshires of the Gilded Era.

A true family business, the Innkeepers and their sons along with the rest of the staff made us feel at home. They made recommendations and reserved our tickets for a local show. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of fruit, cheeses, the most delicious homemade granola I have ever had. Only one main course offered, not made-to-order, but I never asked. They were so accommodating, I wouldn't be surprised if they help out with a special request.

Restaurant for dinner was good "fine dining". Sea Bass was very tasty. I can't say how it stacks up since I'm not exactly a food connoisseur.

Highly recommended for a couple to take in Lenox and the culture of the Berkshires.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in this well located and architecturally significant Inn right in Lenox and a 30 minute walk from Tanglewood. We stayed in the beautiful Miranda Suite which is at the front of the Inn with a view of the street and which had a large living room area, a well-sized bedroom that easily accommodated the king size bed, a bathroom and separate make up area. The common areas (lounge, bar, dining room, and breakfast room) were all well furnished and offered great locations for relaxation and dining. For an Inn of this size (12 rooms) there were a surprising number of activities including nightly live entertainment in the lounge and a lecture by Martin Bookspan (announcer on the PBS series Live from Lincoln Center for many years).
The hosts, Michele and Eiran, take great pride in the Inn, and did everything possible to accommodate to all of our needs. We have previously stayed elsewhere in the Berkshires (Blantyre, Cranwell) and believe that the Gateways Inn provides the overall best experience.

Room Tip: Miranda Suite was spacious and beautifully furnished
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Gatesway Inn in Lenox, MA. was an asolute delight. It's host (Eidan) and hostess (Michelle) were so accomodating. The room was cozy and welcoming. The breakfast each morning was delicious. The dinner was similarly wonderful. The nightly informal entertainment ranged from a jazz trio to a vocalist and it was, over either some desert or a drink, the perfect way to end the day. The staff was caring and the owners (Eiden and Michelle) worked long and hard (though they seemed to love what they were doing!) to meet our every need. Without equivocation we whould endorse The Gatesway Inn, Lenox, MA.
Sheldon and Fern H

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Cornell Inn Lenox
Cornell Inn Lenox
#1 of 19 in Lenox

Been to Gateways Inn? Share your experiences!