“Wonderfully comfortable”
Review of Gateways Inn

Gateways Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We love the Gateways Inn.It is a spacious, clean, comfortable place to stay in Lenox. You can walk to the Shakespeare and Company play houses and it is 1.2 miles from Tanglewood. Also an easy walk to downtown restaurants although their own restaurant is very good..
We particularly like to come to the Gateways lounge and their beautiful bar after theater and enjoy some great Jazz music and a light snack. This rounds out the evening nicely.
Since I enjoy single malt scotches, their selection of a couple of hundred single malt scotches and a couple of dozen Grappas provides a unique tasting experience.. I have never been to a place with such a broad selection of these two liquors.
Michelle handles breakfast which is always a treat. Best breakfast in town. We even come up in the fall and winter. I recommend Gateways to all of my friends which is a double-edged sword as it is not always easy to get a room.
Here is a tip. Sometimes the website will show them to be fully booked. If you call an speak to Eiran, they will occasionally have a late cancellation and you can slip in. Since we are spur of the moment people this has proved helpful as it did on August 2nd , our annivaersary , when we decided, at the last minute, to go to Lenox for the night for opening night of Mother Courage. A call to Eiran found an open night in the Miranda room which was a special treat for sure.
Vince and Mary Kay
Branford CT

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vincent D
There are newer reviews for Gateways Inn

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We are 'hotel' people, Marriott, Hilton et al, so when decided on a night at the Gateways, we really did not know what to expect. This beautiful inn was wonderfully located, warmly inviting, and just seemed to get better as our short stay progressed. The bar was beautiful, and pleasantly situated between the piano room and the restaurant. Our waitress, Hannah, was simply exceptional. We enjoyed two meals, dinner and breakfast. The dinner menu was engaging and innovative - and delicious. The homemade treats for breakfast were just that - treats. The granola was wonderful. The warmest part though, was the welcome provided by Michelle, Eiran and their staff. It was so personal, and I guess that is what differentiates the Gateways from all the other Chains.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RogerandReenie
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great Inn located in top spot in Lenox. Nice stateley former summer home of Procter (of Procter & Gamble). SUper clean room & shower. We had the smallest room (cozy) which indeed was cozy, but big enough. Minor point was airco didnt go below 70', but was good enough. Best thing was the breakfast with fresh OJ, terrific fish dishes one day and great cheeses. Other daywas nice bread etc. THe lady of the Inn does a lot of homecooking and it really shows. HAts off to the owners who really do a splendid job. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Gateway inn is a beautiful place to stay with good service. We were part of a wedding party and had the whole place to ourselves. The breakfast was delicious, beautiful smoked fish, fruit, eggs, pastry, something for everyone. We stayed in the Inverness room which had a comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. We would certainly return to the Gateway Inn. It is a fantastic place for a small wedding.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We didn't stay at the lovely, historic inn (once owned by Proctor of Proctor and Gamble). We visited for an evening of jazz. WOW and AMAZING! The room is understated and lovely, softly lit with seating on sofas and an assortment of comfortable chairs. First evening we heard a wonderful jazz singer accompanied by piano. We loved her and stayed two sets. Music is from 8-11, we arrived at nine. Such a perfect evening, listening to the Great American Songbook, show tunes and standards in this wonderful room. We returned second night, this time arrived at 8, stayed for entire evening for an incredible singer plus trumpet, piano,and guitar. Terrific talented musicians. There's a $15 minimum--no problem with their excellent.bar menu and interesting cocktails ( guaranteed you will want to stay for every set, so plan on dining while you listen. I suggest you plan first evening of vacation for gateways inn jazz, so you can plan every night after that. They have different performers every evening, but judging by the talent we heard you will love your evening. Very romantic and no kids. A magical evening for grown ups.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Happened upon this Inn, was admiring the gorgeous watercolors on display in the living room when an "angel" named Michele greeted me. I needed to check out of a "dump" I had booked online and had no place to stay. I assumed I could not afford the price of such a beautiful Inn.
Not so, within minutes I was shown the Viola , which became my home for two wonderful days and nights. The service is impeccable, at dinner, breakfast and in-between. Eiran and Michele deserve many kudos for their outstanding hospitality and graciousness. I will return again, to this
Gem in Lenox.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Spent a week-end with friends at this absolutely wonderful bed and breakfast. Innkeepers Michelle and Eiran were as accommodating as is humanly possible without ever getting in the way. I had a medical problem and they could not have been more helpful or solicitous. The breakfasts were beautifully presented and tasted even better, with enough variety to please anyone, and I notices that a guest with a gluten intolerance was specially accomodated. The location was extremely convenient with plenty of parking, and unlike other B&B's where I have stayed, there was immediate help with my bags. This was my first stay here, but will certainly not be my last. We have already booked for next year. I guess it is obvious - I cannot find enough superlatives to describe the Inn or our stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Blantyre
Blantyre
#5 of 16 in Lenox
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Gateways Inn? Share your experiences!