“Fabulous in the Berkshires!”
Review of The Kemble Inn

The Kemble Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Lenox B&B and Inns
New York, New York, United States
“Fabulous in the Berkshires!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have to say that the Kemble Inn was a fabulous experience, as I have stayed in the berkshires in the past. The owner is very nice and very helpful, willing to go out of his way to make your experience an amazing one.

The breakfast was amazing and the food at the restaurant was very delicious. And the view... the view was beautiful from the back porch overlooking the grounds of the inn. Sunset was something specatucular!

I would recommend to anyone who wants to enjoy their time in the berkshires, good for a couples weekend or a weekend with friends.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Beautiful location and excellent hospitality. My stay at Kemble was peaceful and luxurious.
The food was superb, love the cozy dining area. Excellent place for an event or a getaway to relax. The attention to detail and the beautiful renovations make this an A+ in my choice to stay.
I have visited twice and look forward to my next opportunity. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Each room offers a wonderful unique style
Shrewsbury, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2012

When looking for a quiet place for a brief romantic getaway for my wife's birthday, I stumbled across the Kemble Inn on the Lenox, MA Chamber of Commerce website. What a great find. Scott was a gracious host, the rooms are well appointed, the house is a great place to enjoy privacy and 130 plus year old style appointments. Breakfast was made to our order each morning and well done I might add. We had dinner reservations for Friday night and another couple staying there also celebrated a birthday in the beautiful and cozy dining room. When you stay, be sure to check out the old cookstove, and the chandelier in the entry hall. Five minuter walking distance to nice shops and several very good restaurants, the Kemble Inn is about a mile from Tanglewood.
We had a blast exploring several of the surrounding communities and museums, and looked forward to each of our three nights stay of relaxation.

Room Tip: 204 has a great jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I just had to write another review about this bed and breakfast.

We stayed back in January 2011 and I had a fabulous time (I wrote a previous review for this stay). We also stayed there for a weekend in the summer (June 2011) as a stopover from Toronto to NYC. The owner Scott even remembered us from our last visit which made us feel very welcomed! We had such a terrific time. I love how the lounge has flat screen TVs, a piano, candle light. The ambiance is very romantic and classic, yet modern and stylish - it's like a cross between staying at the W and the Ralph Lauren Mansion. The summer was a great time with the easy walk to the shops and entertainment.

We went there again just this past weekend (January 2012) and my goodness... they have a RESTAURANT! This was underworks when we visited in the summer, but now it's fully functioning with a superb menu and amazing decor. Typically, we would walk over to Alta to eat but after our first night of dining at the Kemble Inn, we ended up eating there for our entire stay!

The food and service at the Kemble Inn restaurant were sublime! The decor included this very old oven/range that Scott had mentioned they found while doing their renovations, dating back to the early 1900s (I think.. or maybe earlier). It brought so much history to the dining area...we felt very connected when we ate there. What an experience!

Having a restaurant at the inn was so convenient for us since we didn't have to leave the hotel at night when it was so cold out. The food (to be honest) was better than the restaurants at the village (at least that's my opinion) and for such a great price! We were even able to charge the bill to our room. In the lounge, we were also able to order from a great selection of wine and have that charged to our room as well.

Anyway, I just have to say, "Great Work". I can see this hotel continuing to be very successful in the Berkshires. The owner really has a "vision" for this place and my husband and I can't wait to come back to see how it progresses. We're looking forward to our stay this summer.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Firstly, I want to make clear that this review is not being written in the spirit of victimization or retribution. I value honest reviews because of the valuable resource they provide for other travelers and hope that this review can be of value to others. This is a very beautiful inn in an interesting and friendly area. However, the time spent here was very unsatisfying. There were numerous lapses in professional innkeeping and an appalling lack of attention to the guest's having a positive experience. Guests at these types of lodging should never be made to feel as though they are simply an inconvenience to be tolerated for the revenue they provide. We will not return here and hope that any who do patronize this establishment have a very different experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
13 Thank Fortunateson
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Kemble Inn for the last night of our honeymoon. The accomodations were just lovely. The staff was great, especially Laura, who gave a us tour of the inn. Our room was spacious with a very large whirlpool bathtub. The Kemble has all of the charm and ambiance of the great old house that it is but includes modern touches that make the inn a true luxury. We cannot wait to book our return stay for our anniversary next year!

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 December 2011

After just a few hours in my car from Boston, I found myself at the beautiful Kemble Inn, a perfect mix of the extravagance of an time long ago and all the modern conveniences of today. The rooms were beautiful, the common spaces warm and inviting, and the outdoor spaces sprawling; the attentive staff made our time here both memorable and relaxing. More than anything, what I will remember most was the elaborate, delicious and fully satisfying meal masterfully prepared by their accomplished chef. I will definitely be returning to The Kemble Inn in the near future.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Cornell Inn Lenox
Cornell Inn Lenox
#1 of 19 in Lenox

Been to The Kemble Inn? Share your experiences!