The Kemble Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$126
Hampton Terrace Inn(Lenox)
US$200
US$66
US$56
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$136
Hotels.com
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$144
Travelocity
All reviewsback porchheated bathroom floorssteam showercontemporary furnitureb bcozy dining roomcrackling firelounge areaold mansionour entire stayviews of the mountainsnew englandthe bed was extremely comfortablewonderful weekendthird floorberkshire hillstwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This place is spectacular - its right out of a Ralph Lauren ad. The common spaces are beautiful, the rooms are well appointed and comfortable, and the location cant be beat. I recently spent a weekend in Lenox with friends and had the pleasure of staying at the Kemble Inn. I was skeptical when my BF told me we would be staying at an old inn and I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived - cool, stylish, classic, elegant, chic, and luxurious all describe the decor through out the inn.

Our friends met us at the Kemble Inn and we all had drinks on the terrace before walking to Tanglewood. Everyone enjoyed the beautiful views, cocktails, and comfortable setting. The boys were ready to leave their lodging and switch to the Kemble.

I was lucky enough to chat with Scott (the owner) and he could not have been more charming and attentive - he was kind enough too share his plans for the Kemble and I can't wait to come back and see all of the improvements.

The Kemble is my new home away from whome when I visit the Berkshires.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
kembleinn, Owner at The Kemble Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

While summer is awhile behind us, we wanted to say thanks for writing this lovely review. We enjoyed having you stay with us. It is great that we are so close to Tanglewood. Many of our guests even walk to avoid the traffic. We look forward to seeing you again and hope next time your friends will join you. Let us know as soon as you can, so we can be sure to book your room in the busy summer season.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

This historic mansion has been renovated by new (about 2 years) owners (from NYC)- who have great decorating skills and are spending loads on money on the inn and its large grounds. The room renovations are basically complete (a few touches still remaining)- with great taste in the rooms and beautiful, modern bathrooms. The public areas provide comfortable spaces indoors and outside (something the provious owners never bothered about.) A plan is on display of further work planned for the large lawn area- including a pool. The inn is very conveniently located: a 5 minute walk to the center of Lenox, and a 10 minute car ride to Tanglewood.

Room Tip: the rooms are all different, so one should look online and discuss the options available by phone. Most rooms are on the second floor (no elevator.)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My 13 year old daughter and I recently spent 2 nights at the Kemble Inn while visiting my son at Tanglewood. While I am fairly easy to please, she (being 13) is very particular about her surroundings. We both adored this Inn! The house is elegant, light, and spacious, with high ceilings and gorgeous woodwork. Our very comfortable room had the added bonus of a flat-screen TV for downtime and a bright, clean bathroom. The Inn offers Wi-Fi, complimentary wine, and an excellent breakfast menu. The back porch is breathtaking, with views over a rolling lawn out to the mountains, a wonderful place for coffee and the paper, or cocktails before dinner. The staff is warm, helpful, and friendly, especially Anna Lisa at the front desk. :) But perhaps the best part is the proximity to Lenox's charming galleries, restaurants, and shops, which are three short blocks away. We will definitely return to the Kemble Inn next time we are in the Berkshires!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
kembleinn, Owner at The Kemble Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. I'm so glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your time at Kemble. Analesa is great, and so is the rest of the team. Hope that we'll see you again soon - this is a great place to visit year round, not just in Tanglewood season.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

My third weekend at the Kemble Inn. New ownership continues to do really classy renovations of the guest rooms and now of the back porch, which is one of the most pleasant spots in Lenox to have a great meal or just to hang out for drinks. The porch overlooks newly landscaped terraces and a rolling lawn, as well as offering a great view of the Berkshires--all within a few minutes walk of central Lenox. The new owner has brought in a new chef this summer, and the meals were delicious, a cut above the usual Lenox fare. My room was large, comfortable and well appointed. The staff continues to be friendly and helpful. I'll go back again.

Room Tip: I've stayed in different rooms on the first 2 floors and always found them large, tastefully furnished and comfortable.
Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for visiting us again - it's great getting to know our many repeat guest. I think that they have a special opportunity to enjoy the evolution as we continue to update and enhance this special place in the heart of Lenox. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

When I think of a bed and breakfast, I picture "old lady" type furniture from the 60s, floral bed spreads, mediocre cold breakfast (that I would typically reject), old old carpet.... that sort of stuff.

I once stayed at the Kemble Inn a very long time ago (sometime in 2006), and this was my experience. However, since the Kemble Inn transferred ownership (I think in 2010?), the inn has changed dramatically!

I stayed a couple weekends ago, and this was my second time there under the new owner, Scott. Last year when my husband and I went there, Scott showed us some of the renos he was doing to several rooms and washrooms in the house. And this year, I just could not believe the progress. Not only are more rooms being renovated, but the new restaurant and the terrace are just amazing!

Scott is obviously investing a lot into transforming what once was a typical grandma's BnB to a property that is classy, tasteful and has a modern style while still retaining the original architecture. I think this approach is just genius because Scott identified a gap in terms of what Lenox was lacking and filled that gap with his new and stylish inn. I'm very excited to return to see more of the transformation.

Other things I loved about the Kemble is that it is walking distance to the Village and lots of restaurants (however, I still highly recommend the Kemble Inn restaurant for sure). The staff is helpful and very attentive.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts - and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the improvements. Sometimes I do have to remind myself of what the inn was like just two short years ago. We have lots more that we want to do - but it's nice to hear our customers are enjoying the time, money and energy that we are investing.