“Romantic Weekend”

Ranked #5 of 19 Lenox B&B and Inns
Holmde
“Romantic Weekend”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I just got back from a weekend at Kemble Inn and we absolutely loved our stay. The staff is friendly, corteous and attentive. We had a romantic dinner at Table Six and cannot wait to go back. The food was incredible! including the breakfast. Love the decor of the Inn, it is a mix of Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Ralph Lauren. They have an amazing Living Room where we sat on plush velvet sofa had a drink and listened to the piano player. Unfortunately, we planned this trip last minute and the only room available was room number 102. I would not recommend this room since it is on the ground floor accross the hall from the living room and down the hall from the kitchen. It was a bit noisy late at night. We will make it back to this Inn next year and will book well in advance for room 202 or 204, which we heard were absolutely gorgeous. I want to thank the Manager and all the staff for making our little getaway unforgetable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I don't usually write reviews but after my 2 days at the Kemble Inn I feel as though I must...

I feel fortunate to have found this place. I will recommend it to friends, family, and fellow tripadvisors...

My latest vacation was my honeymoon - and it took me down through upstate New York, where we dipped into Massachusetts to check out the Norman Rockwell Museum, and finally onward to the ever-entertaining New York City. After rehashing the trip with some friends - I must say - the Kemble Inn was the biggest surprise and the definite highlight of my travels.

I happened upon the Inn by chance, while cruising through Lenox. I was stunned by this mansion, and I was pleased when I discovered they had a room available.

It was refreshing to find service that was so professional, courteous, and eager to help. No exaggeration, it might be the friendliest staff I have come across.

The mansion is decked out from top to bottom - you get a lot of value for your buck.
This quality carries on into the suite: the bed, shower, jucuzzi, fireplace (I wish I had visited in the winter), and right down to the finer details, all scream top-tier quality.

After eating at Table Six, I can see why it gets all of the buzz it does. If you do not have a chance to stay at the Inn, do yourself a favor and make a reservation for the veranda. The food, the view, the service... Exquisite.

I left the inn feeling inspired and rejuvenated.

Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bob B
Albany, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

As a special gift to myself I had dinner at 'TABLE SIX' in the KEMBLE INN. I had heard their chef was from the Clinton White House staff and was curious to have the post season experience. It was lovely weather this September evening and the view was as grand as the dining. I enjoyed how uncrowded the place was while they were clearly setting up for a tented event on the side lawn. I was encouraged to look around and enjoy the other rooms even though I was not a guest of the Inn. The crab cake melted in my mouth and the pork entree was also excellent. Only complaint about the dessert was I wished it was larger; I LOVE desserts ! My server could not have been more attentive without being intrusive. As I drove home to Albany my only regret was I didn't have someone special to bring back to TABLE SIX at THE KEMBLE INN.

Room Tip: Conveniently located close to Rt 20 and downtown Lenox
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael G
Cannington, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to be treated to one fabulous night in room 204, the honeymoon suite. I cannot rave enough about the quality of our room and the services received!

Staff were friendly, courteous, and welcoming. The Inn itself had vintage charm with all modern updates and conveniences (particularly the Jacuzzi tub I enjoyed in the room).

Dinner at Table 6 is also highly recommended. I had the best risotto in my life that evening on the gorgeous patio at sunset.

I highly recommend this Inn to all honeymooners!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I just spent 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend. The location is lovely and the breakfast was very good. However, the service in general is below par for an establishment charging over $400 a night. When I arrived (as well as many others that I observed) no one was at the front desk and after waiting ten minutes I had to stop a waiter and ask for someone to check me in. The worst was when one night I was awakened by a guest beating on the locked front door at 1:30 a.m. No one came to assist and so after 15 minutes I had to go down and let in a stranger. When I complained the next day they said no one on the staff stays overnight. They never made an adjustment to my bill for this horrible experience of losing a night's sleep. I would have suggested it to them but, of course, no one was there when I checked out except wait staff. The manager/owner seems to think service means take care of it yourself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank JAR100
ScottShortt, General Manager at The Kemble Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
As a small inn with personalized service, no...we do not have someone on staff sitting at the desk 24 hours a day. We all are expected to help all guests with absolutely anything we can do to make their stay more enjoyable...and most guests who want to have a good time here do. Your comments about no one ever being available to help are inaccurate. In addition to the complimentary upgrade we gave you (the room you originally booked was less than $250/night, not $400 as was the room you stayed in), I also personally tried to bring you complimentary room service and you refused it.

Unfortunately we are not able to control the behavior of our other guests. As I explained to you when I was sincerely apologizing for the other guest's behavior, we do have a call box which will reach me 24 hours a day. The guest who woke you up did not use this. In order to show you how apologetic we were that someone else (with no affiliation to the inn other than being a paying guest just as yourself) had disrupted your sleep, and after your refusal of accepting room service, I then adjusted your bill and took care of your dinner charges - providing you with a complimentary three-course prix fixe dinner.

I usually do not respond to guest reviews in such a manner, but we did everything we could for you with the exception of giving you a free room and instead of letting us help you so that you could enjoy your stay, you chose to go onto a public forum and act as if no one cared about your experience with us. There is nothing we care about more than our guests leaving happy. Otherwise, what are we in this business for?
Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We took advantage of the Labor Day weekend package which included 3 nights, a dinner in their fine restaurant, and a picnic dinner ( including wine) and lawn seats for the Harry connick jr concert at tanglewood ( only a Mille from the inn) . The picnic dinner was excellent. Local salami and cheese, tomatoes , chicken salad, fruit, soba noodles, fresh bread. Breakfasts each morning are a delight. Try the pancakes. I've never had better. Dinner is superb and inventive. The wine list is small ( Appx 20 bottles red, and 20 white) but all are excellent and reasonably priced. Meals ared served on the veranda with lovely views when weather permits. We stayed in room 204. It is quite spacious as is the bathroom with shower, jacuzzi tub and his and her sinks. The service was attentive , friendly and helpful at all times. The Kemble is an easy walk to downtown Lenox and the restaurants and shops there. The Kemble is the best B&B/Inn in Lenox without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thistle828
Thank you very much for the kind words! We were thrilled to offer the picnics at Tanglewood this Labor Day Weekend and even more so that our guests could experience the wonderful Harry Connick, Jr. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much and we look forward to having you back soon! It was a pleasure.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2013

An absolute pleasure! The staff, service, and style of a wonderfully renovated inn! Visited Lenox, took a drive to the Norman Rockwell museum, and upon a recommendation from Scott (the young owner) was thrilled with Jacob's Pillow. Can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: I chose a mountain view room on the second floor! Gorgeous morning. I also recommend the food at th...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to The Kemble Inn? Share your experiences!