“Lovely!”

Ranked #5 of 19 Lenox B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the inn last weekend for his 40th birthday. I am glad I found this place! I have only written a few reviews on trip advisor, but I feel the need to write them in particular for smaller inns that deserve the attention. The inn was beautifully decorated - cozy yet modern, the staff was so attentive, professional and on the ball (I was surprised to hear someone say otherwise), and the entire property was beautiful. I was taking pictures for inspiration in my "future" home. We had dinner at Table Six which was fantastic, as was the HUGE breakfast. It was especially nice staying in the inn and going to dinner downstairs! The restaurant is small and romantic, the service was great, and every course was out of this world.

The whole team there was wonderful - I only remember Jackie's name, but the other young lady who greeted us, as well as the Australian lad, were all great. We may have called Jackie several times in about ten minutes and she could not have been nicer and more attentive at 11pm on a Saturday. We love staying at inns, but it's hard to find a place that balances a quaint, friendly atmosphere, with privacy, and this place did it.

I would highly recommend this place for couples or friends looking to get away for the weekend. We cannot wait to get back! Many thanks, Tim and Kate

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, and I heard the first can be noisy, though the rooms look lovely!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate K
ScottShortt, General Manager at The Kemble Inn, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hi Tim and Kate -

I am so happy you had such a lovely time with us at the Inn. It was great getting to know you both and we very much look forward to having you again. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Best,
Jessica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Israel
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

It is hard to define this establishem and consequently it is hard to review it. If it is a B&B than it is a sumptous one though rather overpriced. If it is a luxury country Hotel than it certainly needs more professional service. At the start let me state that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The house is wonderfuly located, and we had a lovely large room (206) on the second floor nicely furnished and with great view. The room had its oddities - like two dangerous steps midways from bed to bathroom, a rather cramped bathroom, and water not hot enough. Breakfast was nice, nothing more, and the service was friendly but absolutely amateurish. It is a very nice place. It could be a great place with some professional management.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Toni13
Holmde
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I just got back from a weekend at Kemble Inn and we absolutely loved our stay. The staff is friendly, corteous and attentive. We had a romantic dinner at Table Six and cannot wait to go back. The food was incredible! including the breakfast. Love the decor of the Inn, it is a mix of Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Ralph Lauren. They have an amazing Living Room where we sat on plush velvet sofa had a drink and listened to the piano player. Unfortunately, we planned this trip last minute and the only room available was room number 102. I would not recommend this room since it is on the ground floor accross the hall from the living room and down the hall from the kitchen. It was a bit noisy late at night. We will make it back to this Inn next year and will book well in advance for room 202 or 204, which we heard were absolutely gorgeous. I want to thank the Manager and all the staff for making our little getaway unforgetable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula S
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I don't usually write reviews but after my 2 days at the Kemble Inn I feel as though I must...

I feel fortunate to have found this place. I will recommend it to friends, family, and fellow tripadvisors...

My latest vacation was my honeymoon - and it took me down through upstate New York, where we dipped into Massachusetts to check out the Norman Rockwell Museum, and finally onward to the ever-entertaining New York City. After rehashing the trip with some friends - I must say - the Kemble Inn was the biggest surprise and the definite highlight of my travels.

I happened upon the Inn by chance, while cruising through Lenox. I was stunned by this mansion, and I was pleased when I discovered they had a room available.

It was refreshing to find service that was so professional, courteous, and eager to help. No exaggeration, it might be the friendliest staff I have come across.

The mansion is decked out from top to bottom - you get a lot of value for your buck.
This quality carries on into the suite: the bed, shower, jucuzzi, fireplace (I wish I had visited in the winter), and right down to the finer details, all scream top-tier quality.

After eating at Table Six, I can see why it gets all of the buzz it does. If you do not have a chance to stay at the Inn, do yourself a favor and make a reservation for the veranda. The food, the view, the service... Exquisite.

I left the inn feeling inspired and rejuvenated.

Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bob B
Albany, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

As a special gift to myself I had dinner at 'TABLE SIX' in the KEMBLE INN. I had heard their chef was from the Clinton White House staff and was curious to have the post season experience. It was lovely weather this September evening and the view was as grand as the dining. I enjoyed how uncrowded the place was while they were clearly setting up for a tented event on the side lawn. I was encouraged to look around and enjoy the other rooms even though I was not a guest of the Inn. The crab cake melted in my mouth and the pork entree was also excellent. Only complaint about the dessert was I wished it was larger; I LOVE desserts ! My server could not have been more attentive without being intrusive. As I drove home to Albany my only regret was I didn't have someone special to bring back to TABLE SIX at THE KEMBLE INN.

Room Tip: Conveniently located close to Rt 20 and downtown Lenox
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael G
Cannington, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to be treated to one fabulous night in room 204, the honeymoon suite. I cannot rave enough about the quality of our room and the services received!

Staff were friendly, courteous, and welcoming. The Inn itself had vintage charm with all modern updates and conveniences (particularly the Jacuzzi tub I enjoyed in the room).

Dinner at Table 6 is also highly recommended. I had the best risotto in my life that evening on the gorgeous patio at sunset.

I highly recommend this Inn to all honeymooners!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I just spent 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend. The location is lovely and the breakfast was very good. However, the service in general is below par for an establishment charging over $400 a night. When I arrived (as well as many others that I observed) no one was at the front desk and after waiting ten minutes I had to stop a waiter and ask for someone to check me in. The worst was when one night I was awakened by a guest beating on the locked front door at 1:30 a.m. No one came to assist and so after 15 minutes I had to go down and let in a stranger. When I complained the next day they said no one on the staff stays overnight. They never made an adjustment to my bill for this horrible experience of losing a night's sleep. I would have suggested it to them but, of course, no one was there when I checked out except wait staff. The manager/owner seems to think service means take care of it yourself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank JAR100
ScottShortt, General Manager at The Kemble Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
As a small inn with personalized service, no...we do not have someone on staff sitting at the desk 24 hours a day. We all are expected to help all guests with absolutely anything we can do to make their stay more enjoyable...and most guests who want to have a good time here do. Your comments about no one ever being available to help are inaccurate. In addition to the complimentary upgrade we gave you (the room you originally booked was less than $250/night, not $400 as was the room you stayed in), I also personally tried to bring you complimentary room service and you refused it.

Unfortunately we are not able to control the behavior of our other guests. As I explained to you when I was sincerely apologizing for the other guest's behavior, we do have a call box which will reach me 24 hours a day. The guest who woke you up did not use this. In order to show you how apologetic we were that someone else (with no affiliation to the inn other than being a paying guest just as yourself) had disrupted your sleep, and after your refusal of accepting room service, I then adjusted your bill and took care of your dinner charges - providing you with a complimentary three-course prix fixe dinner.

I usually do not respond to guest reviews in such a manner, but we did everything we could for you with the exception of giving you a free room and instead of letting us help you so that you could enjoy your stay, you chose to go onto a public forum and act as if no one cared about your experience with us. There is nothing we care about more than our guests leaving happy. Otherwise, what are we in this business for?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Cornell Inn Lenox
Cornell Inn Lenox
#1 of 19 in Lenox

Been to The Kemble Inn? Share your experiences!