“Wonderful Getaway Weekend”

Ranked #6 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
New York, New York, United States
“Wonderful Getaway Weekend”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I had a most delightful getaway weekend at the Kemble Inn. The inn is absolutely beautiful, and we were lucky enough to get a room with 2 fireplaces and a jacuzzi. The staff could not do enough for us and the breakfast was amazing. I can't wait for our next visit so we can have dinner at Table 6. The inn is conveniently located within walking distance to downtown Lenox. We are looking forward to returning next fall but will book a little earlier so that we can enjoy 'leaf' season in all its glory. Many thanks to Jessica and the rest of the wonderful staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ScottShortt, General Manager at The Kemble Inn, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
It was great to have you at the Inn and look forward to the next time you are back with us! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jessica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The accommodations, food, staff, and service could not have been better. From the time we walked in the door on Friday afternoon everyone could not have been nicer to us. I have stayed in other B&Bs in the Berkshires and nothing as good as this. Very much a luxury Inn. The piano lounge area was fantastic. Sitting by the fire, listening to the piano being played, sipping wine. Dinner at Table Six was outstanding and the Chef takes great pride in not only the quality of the food but in the presentation and service. He also takes a real interest in the guests he is serving. Breakfast in the morning was amazing as well. The room was beautifully appointed, clean, well maintained. It felt more like a 5 star hotel room than a country Inn. And I cannot emphasize enough how gracious, professional, and friendly all the staff were during our stay. Jessica, in particullar went above and beyond in every way to make sure my family and I had an amazing experience at the Kemle Inn.

Room Tip: I hate to give a tip on this because I love the rooms so much but 204,203,202 are all fantastic room...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We loved having you and your family at the Inn! It was such a pleasure getting to know all of you and we are looking forward to your return - which is not too far away! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We will see you soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed all aspects of the Kemble Inn. Great service, accommodations and particularly the food. We had dinner at Table Six and had breakfast at the Inn in the morning. Convenient walking distance to downtown Historic Lenox as well. Looking forward to staying there again in the Spring/Summer when we can enjoy the backyard and patio.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us. It was a pleasure having you both and look forward to your return! Hope to see you in the spring - have a wonderful Thanskgiving!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the inn last weekend for his 40th birthday. I am glad I found this place! I have only written a few reviews on trip advisor, but I feel the need to write them in particular for smaller inns that deserve the attention. The inn was beautifully decorated - cozy yet modern, the staff was so attentive, professional and on the ball (I was surprised to hear someone say otherwise), and the entire property was beautiful. I was taking pictures for inspiration in my "future" home. We had dinner at Table Six which was fantastic, as was the HUGE breakfast. It was especially nice staying in the inn and going to dinner downstairs! The restaurant is small and romantic, the service was great, and every course was out of this world.

The whole team there was wonderful - I only remember Jackie's name, but the other young lady who greeted us, as well as the Australian lad, were all great. We may have called Jackie several times in about ten minutes and she could not have been nicer and more attentive at 11pm on a Saturday. We love staying at inns, but it's hard to find a place that balances a quaint, friendly atmosphere, with privacy, and this place did it.

I would highly recommend this place for couples or friends looking to get away for the weekend. We cannot wait to get back! Many thanks, Tim and Kate

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, and I heard the first can be noisy, though the rooms look lovely!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate K
Hi Tim and Kate -

I am so happy you had such a lovely time with us at the Inn. It was great getting to know you both and we very much look forward to having you again. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Israel
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

It is hard to define this establishem and consequently it is hard to review it. If it is a B&B than it is a sumptous one though rather overpriced. If it is a luxury country Hotel than it certainly needs more professional service. At the start let me state that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The house is wonderfuly located, and we had a lovely large room (206) on the second floor nicely furnished and with great view. The room had its oddities - like two dangerous steps midways from bed to bathroom, a rather cramped bathroom, and water not hot enough. Breakfast was nice, nothing more, and the service was friendly but absolutely amateurish. It is a very nice place. It could be a great place with some professional management.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Toni13
Holmde
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I just got back from a weekend at Kemble Inn and we absolutely loved our stay. The staff is friendly, corteous and attentive. We had a romantic dinner at Table Six and cannot wait to go back. The food was incredible! including the breakfast. Love the decor of the Inn, it is a mix of Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Ralph Lauren. They have an amazing Living Room where we sat on plush velvet sofa had a drink and listened to the piano player. Unfortunately, we planned this trip last minute and the only room available was room number 102. I would not recommend this room since it is on the ground floor accross the hall from the living room and down the hall from the kitchen. It was a bit noisy late at night. We will make it back to this Inn next year and will book well in advance for room 202 or 204, which we heard were absolutely gorgeous. I want to thank the Manager and all the staff for making our little getaway unforgetable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula S
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I don't usually write reviews but after my 2 days at the Kemble Inn I feel as though I must...

I feel fortunate to have found this place. I will recommend it to friends, family, and fellow tripadvisors...

My latest vacation was my honeymoon - and it took me down through upstate New York, where we dipped into Massachusetts to check out the Norman Rockwell Museum, and finally onward to the ever-entertaining New York City. After rehashing the trip with some friends - I must say - the Kemble Inn was the biggest surprise and the definite highlight of my travels.

I happened upon the Inn by chance, while cruising through Lenox. I was stunned by this mansion, and I was pleased when I discovered they had a room available.

It was refreshing to find service that was so professional, courteous, and eager to help. No exaggeration, it might be the friendliest staff I have come across.

The mansion is decked out from top to bottom - you get a lot of value for your buck.
This quality carries on into the suite: the bed, shower, jucuzzi, fireplace (I wish I had visited in the winter), and right down to the finer details, all scream top-tier quality.

After eating at Table Six, I can see why it gets all of the buzz it does. If you do not have a chance to stay at the Inn, do yourself a favor and make a reservation for the veranda. The food, the view, the service... Exquisite.

I left the inn feeling inspired and rejuvenated.

Thank you.