“Getaway birthday weekend”

Ranked #6 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Bethel, Connecticut
“Getaway birthday weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

My friends and I had a wonderful weekend at the Kemble Inn. Everyone was very helpful and friendly We enjoyed.drinks by the fire Saturday nite and listened to the piano player..It was walking distance to great restaurants and shops.The rooms were tastefully decorated and the beds were very comfortable.The whole weekend was very relaxing no hassles thanks to everyone at the inn .The breakfast was nicely prepared. my friends and I are planning our next adventure to the inn .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Nutley, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

My husband and I just got back from our weekend away at the Kemble Inn. We had a wonderful stay and I can't wait to go back. The staff (Chris) was incredibly accomodating beginning with the fact that we didn't arrive until 10pm Friday night. Check-in was super easy and there was a bottle of champagne chilled and waiting for us, in addition to a box of chocolates (for Valentine's Day). The bed in our room was incredibly comfortable and I wish I could've taken the comforter home with me. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning was delicious and slightly different each day so I didn't feel like I was eating the same thing daily. There was fresh frittata, homemade muffins, yogurt with fresh fruit, french toast, smoked salmon, etc. Everything was delicious! My husband and I spent the day travelling around the local towns of Stockbridge and Lennox and thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality everywhere we went. I would definitely recommend the Kemble Inn and a visit to Lennox to anyone considering the trip.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

This was my first visit to The Kemble Inn and I can say with 100% confidence that it won't be my last! The Inn is stunning- immaculately clean and the owners have such an eye for design. Each room is uniquely beautiful and the beds/pillows are so comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and the Saturday night hor d'oeurves were such a treat- definitely a great way to bring the customers at the Inn together. The lounge was such a beautiful room and the fire was a wonderful bonus! The service was impeccable- I was always greeted with a smile and if I needed anything, they were happy to oblige. I felt very comfortable and appreciated- everyone was so nice and friendly! All in all, It was a fabulous weekend at a beautiful Inn!

Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

From the moment you walk into the grand foyer you are greeted with a warm and friendly welcoming! (not to mention fresh baked cookies too!) The rooms are beautifully decorated, cozy and super comfortable. Spectacular breakfast served in a magnificent dining area. The lounge area on saturday night was so much fun, the piano player to the roaring fire to the wine and appetizers. A short walk into town is a great plus. Owner Scott and Evan have done a phenomenal design job and more updates are just around the corner! Oh did i mention the spectacular mountain views! Can't wait for our next visit :) and our next and next!!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Kemble Inn in January for 2 nights over the weekend. We had a lovely time. Our room was the "Paris" room (room 201). I like to call it the Paris room because of the pictures on the wall - reminds me of the time when my fiance proposed to me in Paris! :)

First off, the room was just lovely - in terms of the decorating (love the curtains and the frames on the wall) and the layout of the furniture. I especially love the hardwood floors - it's such a classic color and goes with everything. Also, the bedding was just luxury!

The service was great! I'm not particularly used to staying at Bed and Breakfasts (I'm typically a hotel girl in the big city), but I found the experience to be quite enjoyable. The breakfast was delicious! From what I've heard about other B&Bs, it's not the norm to have a warm hearty breakfast, but at the Kemble Inn, they gladly serve it! Evan (the host) made sure I had enough to eat. They even made me this amazing omelette upon my request.

On Saturday night, the lounge area had fire in the fireplace, and it was nice to sit and chat with my fiance before dinner. The ambiance was very romantic! They also served us some complimentary wine which I wasn't expecting but was a nice touch!

The location is walking distance from the "village" which was particularly convenient since yummy dinners at restaurants were just walks away. However, with the cold and the snow, we drove for the most part - however it is a very close drive. We're looking forward to staying here over the summer and going to the various stores and restaurants by foot :).

Overall, this is such a great B&B. I think Scott (the owner) has great taste - you can tell by all the lovely decor and furniture in the lobby and in the lounge area - very Ralph Lauren which we liked.

Can't wait until our next visit!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Forest Hills, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Kemble Inn this past weekend. We got a special rate on groupon. When we arrived the inn-keeper asked to see our phone for the groupon and then accidentally kept it. We asked for some water and the inn-keeper looked at us strangely but then said he would get the water for us. He produced two glasses of ice water. We asked him for dinner suggestions (since he did not offer them on his own) and he suggested two places within walking distance. We paid for the firewood, and the porter quickly made the fire up for us and provided ample wood. The inn-keeper said that we could settle the charges when we checked out. The room was large (suite 101) and had a comfortable bed but the comforter was stained with white dried marks and made us think the unthinkable. The bathroom in this suite seemed like an afterthought with its linoleum tile and prefab shower. The bath seemed nice but we did not use it. The large screen television in the room was also nice and had a good selection of channels. The breakfast the next day was phenomenal. It was buffet style but gourmet and fresh. If you don't like sitting at a big table with strangers though, this may not be for you. We checked out and I asked about the fire-wood and he said we were already charged. He said originally that he would bill us at checkout, I thought that meant we would have an option to pay with cash, not that he would bill our credit card without permission. He offered to correct it but we just wanted to leave. Instead of asking how our stay was he just said goodbye. I am not saying this stay was terrible but in a crowded bed and breakfast market of New England I would not stay here again. The Kemble is mediocre, save the great food. I recommend you look else where.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nschemmaster
Rhinebeck, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

My partner and I stayed overnight at the Kemble Inn in December 2010. We booked Suite 204 which is on the 2nd floor and has a fireplace in the bedroom and a jacuzzi in the huge bathroom. The room was attractive and well appointed. We enjoyed having a fire burning in the bedroom fireplace - it felt romantic. The staff were friendly and welcoming. In the morning, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the inn's dining room. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple