“R and R and so much more”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I show up at CR once or twice a year and am always delighted by it all. Food is healthy, abundant, well served and delicious. Exercise classes are state of the art, clearly identified as to ' level of difficulty . Lectures by health professionals are informative. There is a medical and health center, where you can get help with any or all of your body parts that need help. I get there from NYC via Amtrak and they pick me up at the station, and also picked up my friend at the airport. There is no tipping; I like that. Ity is strictly casual; I skip the makeup, contactd lenses, hair styling, and wear clean, but comfortable tee shirts and cotton exercise pants for my whole stay. ad what a pleasure that is!
I get massages at 9pm, , skipping the evening activities, but there is always something planned for the evening. . /
I come home rested, energized and feeling simply wonderful.

Room Tip: I like the area of rooms 101, 102, 103, central to most things., but generally the rooms are lovel...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank manhattan10021
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visits to Canyon in Lenox. As you know, we strive to offer an innovative approach to health, wellness and holistic and integrative care in a relaxing atmosphere -- and it is gratifying to know you are “delighted by it all.” I hope you continue to feel “simply wonderful” long after you’ve returned home. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I try to go to Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires once per year. It's a great way of reminding myself to eat healthy, exercise, sleep and relax. I have a very stressful job so, I need to slow down every once in a while. My best suggestion is to show up with questions! Take advantage of the knowledge the staff has. The staff is great, their guidance has helped me with numerous problems. I have a bad knee, they made suggestions on things I could change about my exercise routine to make it better, I wanted to know the most efficient exercises to do when I'm short on time, they made a bunch of suggestions, I wanted to learn more about cooking quick, healthy dinners, they have a class for that...I can go on. I've been there at least 10 times and learn something every time I go. You can do exercise classes all day, spa services all day or, just relax, it's totally up to you. My only caution is be careful of how much fiber you're consuming while you're there! My Mom and I usually go together and always joke about the food causing us gas!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vacagirl79

How wonderful to know you choose Canyon in Lenox to take some time for yourself! It is so important to relax and recharge; whether it’s soothing spa treatments, developing healthier eating habits, or exploring new spiritual paths. In your case I am glad our exercise staff were able to offer some modifications to help you make the most of your workout despite your injury and that you were able to take advantage of our Hands on Cooking classes which are such a great way to take home the concept of healthy cooking! Finally, it is imperative that Canyon Ranch continues to introduce new and beneficial classes and services so our guests expand their choices to stay fit and healthy and it is rewarding to know you continue to learn something new each time you visit. We look forward to seeing you and your mom again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

First and foremost, Reggie, the GM, made my stay special. He always does. Reggie walks around the property (and seems to be there all the time!) with a big smile on his face, always greeting and assisting guests and just sharing his pleasant personality. He makes it seem as though it is seemless to run the resort. The Front Desk check-in and check-out folks were also very nice and helpful, offering to give us the old version of the guest bag since that is what were used to, and having everything in order upon our late night check in. Pat in the dining room and her comrades at the hostess stand were also very pleasant and always accommodating and helpful. And Will at the restaurant does a great job managing a lot of busy folks. John Allen (waiter) was a complete delight and went above and beyond offering meal suggestions that were right on target and interesting and insightful conversation, and Jeremiah (waiter) always had a smile on his face!!

We always have a lot of fun with Billy in the demo kitchen and really enjoyed the Berkshires Dinner with him, and also took home a bunch of recipes to try at home. It really is nice to have the copies right there for us to take rather than having to print them from the web site. Billy is always so fun to be with and has some very entertaining stories to tell during his presentations.

I had a wonderful massage with Bridget-- she is so tiny yet so strong and gave me another terrific deep tissue massage. She ended it with a bit or Reike which made me feel like a "Buddha Princess." Seriously, she is a great asset to the spa staff, and I will continue to request her every time I come.

I met with the membership office and am considering purchasing a membership either in Lenox or Tucson as my membership in Tucson has been all used up and I know I will always return to both venues. I think I spoke to Nancy and she was gracious and provided me with all of the information to consider.

The boutique had a nice selection of retail items and I left with a beautiful pair of earrings that I will wear all the time and will think of my stay each time I wear them. I also picked up some clothing items, and was thrilled to see that Mark had made some CD's for stretching, breathing and yoga-- something I have been asking for for many years! Hooray! I bought them all! I still think more of the instructors should videotape their classes and make the routines available to guests in the form of DVDs so that they may continue to exercise regularly with the guidance of instructors who know what they are doing.

In terms of the fitness staff, the ones that really stood out for me were Faith, Mark, Lori, Gail and Sue. We spent most of our time doing stretching and yoga classes, and then our down time in the gym. Faith did a one on one yoga session with us and really gave us some good pointers. She also photocopied some very relevant information from a yoga book that described some risks involved in doing the Bikram Yoga that I am doing at home. Certainly, I appreciate that she cared enough to educate me on the risks and rewards of the yoga practices out there, and I will continue to search for the right home routine for me. Mark was patient and fun as was Sue with having us in their various yoga classes despite the fact that we were beginners. Lori and Gail gave excellent stretching classes and if they ever did DVDs I would buy them for sure!

All in all- I am very appreciative of everyone at the Ranch in Lenox and feel a tremendous sense of gratitude that I was able to return once again. It will always be my favorite place to go! Thank you to all.

Room Tip: Suite was helpful since it had a washer and dryer, but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarah k
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Sarah,

Thank you so much for your kind words; it is always a pleasure to have you join us and I’m glad your time here was once again so beneficial. Without question, our staff members are the primary reason for our continued success and your thoughtfulness in mentioning several folks by name is greatly appreciated. We too are grateful for your patronage and that we continue to be “your favorite place to go!” I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

What a wonderful experience, I will be back next year. Everything was great, the seminars, the food, the property, the amazing spa body treatments, the exercise classes and the list goes on. Thanks to the gracious staff and the attention to detail. Thanks to Becky who gave me the Marma Chikitsa, I am so glad that I tried something new and what wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JRSConifer
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. It certainly sounds as though you made the most of your time here and were able to partake of many of our healthy pleasures in addition to benefiting from the expertise of our world class fitness staff. Also, your compliments for Becky were appreciated; our dedicated employees are the reason this is such a special place. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I know this review is late but I stayed here in the fall of 2010. I had read so many wonderful reviews of this place not only on this website but in different spa magazines. Sadly, I have to say that it was a major let down. I booked a luxury suite since even though I did not need the second bedroom, I liked the idea of having a washer and dryer since I had planned to stay for a much needed break of a month. The reason why I did not give this hotel a terrible score is because I found the check in to be smooth and easy, they even gave me a bag and water bottle, and about 15 minutes after arrival they sent me flowers, I guess because I was staying for so long. The room itself was nice and comforting with a nice view. The gift shop is more like a small neiman marcus, it may be the nicest "gift shop" I have ever been to". Unfortunately the positives end there. The booking staff (for trainers, massages etc) were all incredibly rude. The room cleaning people never replaced empty amenities and it always took several calls to get just a tiny bottle of shampoo. Even though I tried to book things in advance, even with over a months notice, all of the cool classes and workshops were booked. The spa was horrible, I tried 3 massages from 3 different people and gave up. The food was fair, much of it gave me migraines, I think due to the alternative sweeteners and such that they use. The stay became so unbearable that I left after 10 days. For the over $12k that I spent there. I would have been so much happier at home, or even a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank meagan1223

It was of concern to note your remarks regarding your 2010 stay and I regret to hear that your expectations were not met. The reason our guests return again and again is because of the personalized treatment and high level of care our staff provide our guests, and if we are missing the mark we certainly welcome your candor so that we may work to improve things. I do hope you will visit us again; we look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate just how outstanding a Canyon Ranch experience can be.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Canyon Ranch Lenox is my favorite place in the world! The service is incredible... everyone is so warm and accommodating... and they remember you from one visit to the next. My favorite part of Canyon Ranch is the fitness program. There are so many class options all day long and the variety and quality are amazing. This past visit, I did several personal training sessions which were top-notch! The food at Canyon Ranch is delicious... and you can have as much as you want so no worries about feeling deprived. The triple ginger cookies are a must try! I could rave about Canyon Ranch Lenox forever, but I'll end this review by saying that, when I win the mega-millions, I am moving there permanently :-) Tracy Stemple

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Tracy,

It was a pleasure to have you join us at Canyon Ranch in Lenox and immensely flattering to know we are your “favorite place in the world!” Your compliments for the food and fitness program were appreciated. I truly believe our dedicated professional staff is among the best and it certainly sounds as though you agree. Each visit to the Ranch is uniquely special and we look forward to providing you with another opportunity for physical, emotional, and spiritual renewal. While you are home, I hope you enjoy lasting benefits from the intentions you made toward your good health while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Excellent investment in a positive immersion get-away. Lots of choices for the body, mind & spirit in a nurturing and encouraging enviroment. Yoga classes are awesome and for all levels. Extra services are costly - check out the web listings and costs. The basic package however has so much included you may need nothing more. Look for "specials" and "discoutns" when available off peak days and times of year.

Krista

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krista G
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Krista,

It was rewarding to note you found your time at Canyon Ranch in Lenox an “excellent investment!” For three decades, we have worked diligently to develop signature programs that make Canyon Ranch the perfect destination resort for people who want to improve their health while enjoying a relaxing, revitalizing spa vacation. As you mentioned, we do offer a variety of special events and offers; our website provides the most current information. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reggie Cooper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 16 in Lenox
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!