Canyon Ranch in Lenox
US$189
Official Site
US$61
US$55
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$150
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$200
Garden Gables Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$222
All reviewsexercise classesspa servicesdemonstration kitchenoutdoor activitieslife changingno tippinglearn somethinghealthy livingcutting edgesalad bardining roomweight losshealthy foodhappy placemother daughterskin carecooking class
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was the third time I've been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I went with a friend before and this time with my daughter. I can't say enough nice things about this place. Great food, extremely nice and accomodating people who work there and a great variety of exercise classes and spa treatments. I did less strenuous classes and my daughter did some of the tougher classes. The grounds are beautiful and very serene. Love this place. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your kind review! I am thrilled to know all three of your Canyon Ranch visits have exceeded your expectations and you found your stay the “best vacation ever.” We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This 4-day trip with friends was the perfect mix of physical challenges and relaxation. I felt so healthy and pampered! We took active classes (biking, hiking, canoeing, Zumba, Berkshire Beat, etc.) and more spiritual or slower-paced classes (yoga, stretching, foot stimulation, wellness classes, etc.). I tried 2 different types of massages and a facial. CR is a top notch wellness resort!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am thrilled you enjoyed yourselves and found Canyon Ranch in Lenox ”a top notch wellness resort!” As you did, we hope all our guests find their “perfect mix of physical challenges and relaxation.” I look forward to sharing your review with the Canyon Ranch team and hope to welcome you and your friends again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Our Canyon Ranch experience was a wonderful getaway, we were a large group and the Canyon Ranch staff were fabulous & even before we arrived, we received questionnaire emails and information to help us get the most out of our visit to the resort. The staff, accommodations, restaurant services, spa, classes and lectures, resort grounds were fabulous. I hope to visit again. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you! I am thrilled to read your stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox was “fabulous.” I cannot wait to share your fantastic review with our staff and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

In 2012 one of my childhood BFFs and I went to Canyon Ranch to pamper ourselves as we turned 65. We discovered Canyon Ranch was much more than a spa. We did not have enough time to participate in all that was offered. This September we returned again with a focus on health and well being with a little pampering on the side. Once again our expectations were met and then exceeded. We liked it so much this year we joined as members. The only thing we need to decide now is when we will return not if!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your terrific review of your stays at Canyon Ranch! I am so pleased your “expectations were met and then exceeded” to the point you both became members. It is our hope that guests thoroughly enjoy their stays and decide to commit to their health as you did. We look forward to welcoming you both again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I will start off by saying that the resort and the setting is lovely. Visiting a health and fitness resort was a bucket list trip for me and it was also a splurge, so I had a fair amount of expectations. They do offer a wonderful variety of classes and they have "thought of everything" when it comes to service.
My "negatives", if you will, were some hang ups that I felt made it more difficult for a solo traveler to feel welcome there. Dining is a formal experience where you are seated for each meal, and sitting alone, and you had to make a reservation for dinner. Personally, I want to eat when I am hungry. They also don't serve alcohol, but I was told I could purchase it in town and enjoy in the "privacy of my own room". I would have rather enjoyed a drink while waiting for my meal or while socializing with other guests.
I tried to reach out and connect with other solo travelers to see if they wanted to meet up for dinner or trek into town to explore, and for the most part, everyone was wanting to do their own thing. I am used to being very social and open and wanting to meet new people, so this was difficult for me and I felt like my only choice was to end up in my room alone at 8pm each night.
Depending on your objective, this may be a perfect fit for you if you truly want to unplug and experience a very quiet and calm (and cell phone free) environment. Unfortunately for me, this was not a good fit.

Room Tip: They do have operable windows in the room, which I personally love, especially for getting a breeze at night instead of listening to a noisy air conditioning unit. You may want to request a room on the second floor though to feel safer, as my room backed up to woods and it was not lit, so I was a bit hesitant to leave them open on ground level, especially when I wasn't in the room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Chantal D

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay at Canyon Ranch. I regret that your stay did not meet your expectations as a solo traveler and plan to share your review with our management team. I do hope that you were informed of our Captain’s Table – a staff hosted activity during breakfast and lunch, and also available for guests only during dinner. We find this activity provides an opportunity for guests to learn about the Ranch and to connect with each other. Should you choose to stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox again, please know we’ll do all we can to make your stay the best possible.