“repeat guest”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Cold Spring Harbor, New York, Usa
“repeat guest”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

If this is your first time at the ranch seek the guidance of a program coordinator. The many offerings can be overwhelming and a coordinator will be a able to get you focused and moving. They are all knowledgable! Then enjoy, enjoy enjoy! You will be a kid in a candy store....and it's all good for you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meg R
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
What a terrific analogy! Yes, our vast offerings are all “good for you.” We strongly advise our guests to schedule time with a Program Advisor to open their eyes to the limitless resources we offer and plan the perfect stay. I am so pleased you have continued to join us and hope to welcome you again soon.
Reggie Cooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Canyon Ranch is the most complete health and wellness spa "retreat" I can imagine.
The facility is gorgeous, the staff are so friendly and accommodating, and you can explore your health and well being form a hundred different perspectives.
The food is excellent, delicious, and did I mention healthy?
I might even ask my husband to join me next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. Yes, we do offer various modalities and paths for our guests to explore and are thrilled you consider us “the best place to feel your best.” Please do bring your husband on your next visit as we host specialized classes and offerings just for men. I hope to welcome you again soon.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Went to CR for a 4 night getaway with my wife. To say this was a great trip for us is an understatement. We participated in many classes, cooking demos, hikes and lectures. My wife met with a physical therapist and had a massage. We went in with the mindset that we were going to try things we normally don't get to do at home. I feel like that was a great thing for us because we hadn't experienced CR before. I am sore in places that I didn't know existed! (this is a good thing)
The food was great and the portion control was perfect. There were times where we wanted a little more food and we just ordered it. No judging, no rolled eyes. We snuck down to the dining room once (okay, twice) and they were happy to supply us with a couple of their AMAZING chocolate chip cookies.
The staff seemed to be at the top of their game and able to challenge everyone and every level. Bringing it down to basics or truly challenging us. I am not just talking about the physical activities. I went to a meditation and we were all quite new to it. The instructor guided us through series of exercises to assist us. We didn't just sit there...... I could go on and on describing our amazing experience here.
We are not wealthy folks, but felt the money spent was well worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
What a wonderful review of your recent stay at Canyon Ranch; thank you for sharing your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled you branched out and experienced a diverse range of new activities that challenged you both. From specialized fitness classes to our state-of-the-art Executive Health Program, we do have a variety of options that appeal to men and knowing you felt the money spent “was well worth it” is certainly gratifying. I hope to welcome you and your wife again soon.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I went to Canyon Ranch with my husband to celebrate that it has been six months since my stem cell transplant. My goals were to learn ways to lead a healthy life, try new forms of exercise, sit in on presentations about spirituality and mindfulness, and have a little pampering. All of my goals were met and then some. The Ranch facilities were beautiful, spotless, and fully enclosed and connected by windowed hallways so that if the weather is bad you do not have to go outside. The staff was friendly and made everyone feel comfortable. The program advisors have taken every class and service so they know exactly what each offering entails.
We met many friendly guests from all over the country, most of whom are regulars at Canyon Ranch.
One of the best things about the classes was that you could try so many new things in a single day and the instructors made you feel comfortable when you didn't know what you were doing!
The food was delicious and was served in correct proportions. If you wanted double or bigger portions you were welcome to them. It's refreshing to eat a meal and know that you are getting a balanced meal and not overeating.
When we left Canyon Ranch after 4 days, we felt energized, ready to start up new exercise regimens, committed to healthy eating habits and eager to come back next year! I felt that this experience was vital to my overall recovery and will absolutely help me regain my energy and positive outlook on life. I am very grateful to have had this experience. Thank you Canyon Ranch!

Room Tip: All are good. West wing is the most quiet section especially on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen P
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Congratulations on your recovery! I am thrilled you joined us as a means to celebrate, as well as a mode to open yourself to the possibilities ahead. Well done on departing “energized, ready to start up new exercise regimens, committed to healthy eating habits and eager to come back! “ Keep up the great work. I look forward to welcoming you again next year.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 12 October 2013

After coming 7 times over 10 years I still find new things to do, places to go, classes to take, great new food and interesting and pertinent lectures. A Canyon Ranch vacation is something that will change who you are for the better and you won't believe how much fun you have. Bring your hubby or go with the girls...you won't miss! Money well spent!

Room Tip: Al rooms are terrific!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandy B
Thank you for your patronage of Canyon Ranch in Lenox! Knowing you have joined us repeatedly and continue to find new experiences that “change who you are for the better” means so much to our staff. I look forward to welcoming you again soon!
California
Reviewed 11 October 2013

As someone with benign multiple sclerosis, I balked at the idea of going to Canyon Ranch or to any such place (for fear my limitations would make me feel more 'out of condition') I desperately wanted to find a way to kick start a new chapter in my life and still to blend in and not have my limitations set me apart.(from myself) Would this just be the catalyst that would all be too much, or the beginning, an impetus to an ongoing improvement? I wanted to let others see that no matter what your fitness or wellness level-You can do as much or as little as you want to grow stronger or just relax and soak in the beauty.

I packed up my vintage duffle bag from my days on the road as a travel writer and headed out from CT to MA..
The leaves last weekend were just beginning to fall- a slight breeze making a dance of colors in different shades of yellow, copper and brown, all so magical and I wasn't even there yet! It was lovely and warm too.

On arrival, everyone was so welcoming...down to the attendant who asked my friend (who had driven me) if he would like anything for his return trek to CT.
After check in, I was shown to my room on the second floor with just about everything I needed.The bed was so comfortable and the linens so heavenly- (you won't want to move) The towels were wonderfully over-sized as was the robe. I felt too tired to go to the dining room and ordered my dinner in my room. The radio has a nature sound button (I swear, they have thought of everything!!) (super relaxing after a longish drive) and looking out the window, I had a good view of the changing foliage and settled in for some cloud watching before the sky darkened. Later, I had a long bath, the water is hot and pressure is perfect. The soaps and lotions by Lather, are a very clean scent and highly addictive ! Also in the bathroom, large lighted magnifying mirror- cotton balls, Q Tips and shower cap- plus, a hair dryer.

The food is a m a z i n g. I can't say enough in praise of the food. I went to the Demonstration kitchen on Sunday morning, where brunch is set up. I would recommend this for Sundays I had a bagel and cream cheese with salmon, capers, onions and grape tomatoes.

On Sunday morning after Brunch, I sat out by the trails - It was impossible to not want to at least try a short walk in the woods- It is very easy and it reminded me of being in a rain forest in Queensland, Australia with the canopy of trees overhead- so much interesting nature and sculpture along the way and honestly. I had walked about a mile without realizing and was so proud of myself. Well worth trying. Next time I'd get a one-on-one guide, as I am sure it would be far more interesting.

I dabbled in most every area I could but also took advantage of the pool and sun (a combination I don't often get to enjoy)
I wanted my days 'free' to explore the options and the myriad of complementary services- I made my spa appointments for later in the evening/s- I love treatments but my body doesn't like to be in one position or to have too much repetitive touch. I explained to Sheryl who was doing the treatments,explained what I could and could not do and she raised the top part of the bed so my head wasn't through the opening on the table and was so unbelievably fine with making compromises.
I had the Mango Sugar Glo conditioning, body scrub - You can choose from other scents, such as, Lavender or Grapefruit and it was such a great experience- If you aren't a massage-loving person but still love being pampered, then this treatment is a different feel, yet still gives one a sense of being touched-(if you are sensitive to rhythmic touch) this is a great compromise.
Next day, I had the Moroccanoil Pedicure with Denise and was so enthralled, I went back next day to have a French manicure with the Paraffin wrap. it really leaves one's hands so soft- It (the salon )is also a great place to stock up on an amazing array of shampoos like Oribe that aren't found in my home town.
A big shout out to the staff at the skin care where they sell all the skin care products, in allowing me to dabble with all the different samples (like a child in a candy store) I love the Tata Harper and finally picked some Sisley product. Thanks again! (I did have a complementary Sisley Facial) feels dewy and moist and made my ultra dry and tired skin look amazing1

There are so many complementary services that one can have and without exhausting myself I (or anyone reading this) I picked things in most every area- especially in areas that were a stretch for me- But on a lighter side, I took advantage of the pool and sun (a combination which I don't often get to enjoy) even that area has a lemons/water container and moisturizers, sunscreen plus enormous towels and the comfort of a sink-into chaise. Surrounded by the privacy of tall grasses-I closed my eyes and felt so unbelievably at peace.

Lectures I went to...

Inflammation & Immunity
Got an insight into how inflammation and immunity are linked, and how to train your immune system
for optimal performance.The physician that gave the lecture answered so many questions afterwards. One would never have this opportunity in the normal Dr .patient visit. So a great opportunity and apposite in light of my neuro condition.

Also attended Breathing for Health and Vitality given by a mind body practitioner. He showed breath exercises and a technique I had never heard of that involves pursing your lips when exhaling- So calming! and I also went to
The Injury and Prevention interactive lecture-
given by a neuromuscular therapist .... He said many things that made perfect sense. Things I had never known before- Little tips I have now used in my back-to-reality life.

Next time would love to do many of the things I didn't have time to do
The West African Drumming-
Finish the hike I began
Walk the labyrinth
Have a Tarot reading
And try some of the other spa treatments.
The Detox Scrub sounds so good to me.
To further explore the great DVD collection that Anne knows so much about (Ask her if you want to know of a really good film)
I would love to try so many other avenues-Health and Wellness-The metaphysical- AND finally, I miss the wonderful chocolate chip cookies and coconut macaroons- brought some home (as you can order 24 hours before you leave and it will be delivered) or you can pick it /them up from the Cafe, Mine were all gone morning after I got home, as my family feasted on them:(
Thanks again for an unforgettable time~

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you very much for your thorough account of your recent trip visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox! We truly believe that when you have the appropriate information and tools, you can improve the quality of your life. I’m delighted that you immersed yourself in our integrative environment and are feeling empowered to live healthier and happier. To assist you on your continued journey to wellness, I recommend you visit the recipe portion of our website, where you can find many healthy eating options, including numerous cookie varieties! I hope to welcome you again soon.
Westchester
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Spent 2 nights early September with my wife for our anniversary. She had visited several times but was my first. It's truly first class and was a bit of a boot camp for us. Prior to going I thought it would be more of a spa experience. For us it was a workout experience with a little spa decadence thrown in. Checkout is noon but the activities can be enjoyed until 5 pm as well as the locker room. The food is surprisingly good considering how healthy it is. Alcohol is prohibited although rumor has it that some guests sneak it in. Just be discrete. It's quiet at night but most people are exhausted by 9. Also meant some very nice people. Guests tend to be quite friendly. HIghly recommended

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your gracious review with the TripAdvisor community. I am so satisfied to know you enjoyed your first visit and would “highly recommend” Canyon Ranch in Lenox. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Reggie Cooper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!