“Relaxing inspiring trip with my daughter to Lenox.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
East Hampton, New York
“Relaxing inspiring trip with my daughter to Lenox.”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

From the moment my daughter and I checked into Canyon Ranch in Lenox we started to feel the get out there and breath, relax and get fit vibe that somehow permeates the air of the resort. The rooms have a very basic upgraded motel feel but the beds were incredibly comfortable, as were the sheets, so this was all we cared about since there is so much to do on the property we were only in our rooms to sleep. We came mostly for the spa and exercise benefits but we enjoyed so much more of the offerings while we were there. To be completely honest both my daughter who is in her 20's and I being in my 60's, both commented on our drive home that we had never felt more relaxed, pain free, and thin. We both loved the yoga instructor, she loved the more rigorous classes, I enjoyed the ballet stretch in the pool, we found the talks by the resident doctor interesting and felt he gave tips to a healthy life style that we can easily incorporate into every day life.. The food was so delicious but the best part was the portions are so perfect that we never felt guilty having pancakes and cookies. If you reader have the time and the funds go here immediately, I swear you will feel better then you have in years!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Delighted903
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
On behalf of the staff at Canyon Ranch, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughtful review with the TripAdvisor community! I am very pleased both you and your daughter experienced a “relaxing, inspiring trip.” Our extensive menu of activities and services does truly offer something for everyone both while you are here and also to easily incorporate into your daily lives. We hope to welcome you and your daughter again soon.
Reggie Cooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I frankly didn't not think it was a good value the first time I went. It did not meet my expectations at all. But got a certificate so went back last fall with the same friends. It was a better experience this time around. Perhaps we managed our expectations more realistically. The food was still so so. But the classes and speakers were very good. I recommend the CR massage. If you are into self discovery and looking for a quiet place to relax, this may be the place for you if you don't mind the price tag. But if you are looking for the ultimate pampering from a luxurious spa, you may be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Jeanna13
I am glad to know your second trip to Canyon Ranch in Lenox was better than your initial visit. Your candor regarding your overall experience and the food in particular was appreciated as we consistently strive to offer the serene, relaxing and inspiring environment for which we are known. We do hope to see you and your friends again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 February 2014

From start to finish my stay was perfect. The choice of exercise classes is abundant, the food, the spa, the lectures all exceeded my expectations. Left with a feeling of wellness and a need to return soon to get the Zen feeling again. Incredible.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are farther away from the gym/spa. The walk gives even more exercise!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your “amazing’ review of your recent stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled your experience was all you desired and more. Please join us again soon and we hope your “feeling of wellness” continues until the next time we see you.
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is my 4th visit in 7 years with a professional women's group. Canyon Ranch is truly a special place. Every detail is attended to by professional and gracious staff. The facilities are marvelous and clean, the food spectacular, and everything there is about self-improvement and comfort. It is relaxing and motivational at the same time. There is something for everyone.

Room Tip: If you want to limit your walking, try to get a room in the East wing. however, all the rooms are a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your continued patronage of Canyon Ranch in Lenox. We certainly aspire to attend to every detail in hopes your stay is truly special; and yes, we have an expansive menu of activities and services to ensure “there is something for everyone.” I hope to welcome you again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2014

If you want to go to a health spa, there is no better place than Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA. If you want an enjoyable vacation with great food, real fireplaces, beautiful views, kind staff, superb service, peace, then there's no better place than Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I am so flattered you feel “there’s no better place than Canyon Ranch in Lenox” and hold us in such high regard. We hope you to welcome you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I've visited CR over ten times, most recently in Aug. It never disappoints and I'm hoping to return in April. The facilities have always been clean in my experiences and there are always staff members vacuuming stairs, tending to the grounds, rooms, fireplace, and locker rooms. The staff go above and beyond to accommodate the guests. I usually never ask for or need anything more, but I can hear requests from other guests and they truly accommodate everyone's needs. I've heard front desk staff even offer to go to a local cvs to get items for a guest. The fitness staff is very knowledgeable and work well w/ the varying needs of guests. My mom,who is over 60, had a great one on one w/ a trainer who was around her age and she left feeling empowered. I have had several great training sessions in yoga and weight training and have come away w helpful info. that I can bring home. The other gem includes the outdoor staff and experiences. I love the kayaking and the hikes have been scenic and refreshing. The spa is wonderful and pampering. The dining room does take dinner reservations in advance. The later times tend to fill up and be more popular. I always go on the early side so I can take advantage of some of their night time programming and spa visits. I would encourage CR to keep planning other night activities for guests. The addition of the comedian was great and a 9/11 speaker was interesting to go to. More of these experiences would be my suggestion.
I can't wait to ! I would suggest everyone to try CR especially on your own. It is very welcoming to solo visitors and that is how I usually travel there.
I can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank KL1234
On behalf of the entire Canyon Ranch staff, we thank you for your continued loyalty and high praise for our employees and property; personal recommendations from our guests are instrumental to our continued success and greatly appreciated. Our team certainly goes above and beyond to “truly accommodate everyone’s needs.” I am thrilled to read both yours and your mom’s personal training sessions left you empowered and refreshed with fitness tips to implement at home. We cannot wait for you to return either.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It's been months since my daughter and I stayed there for a 3 night mother daughter experience. I explained when I made the res that I needed a room not too far from the classes due to a problem I was having with a foot. I read reviews on trip advisor which said some rooms were very far away. We went using a mother daughter (college) rate that they advertised. We arrived early afternoon and our room was not available, we ate a quick lunch and then were able to check in. The room was midway down a very long hall- and to our dismay when we walked in the room was extremely musty smelling. we were told to leave the windows open and it would b\probably air out. We then went down to their program advisor who told us the resort was not fully booked so we didnt need to worry about making dinner reservations or spa appointment until the next day. We went back to the room to change for dinner, at this point my head was killing me, then when down to eat. I called housekeeping and spoke to a manager who offered to put a air purifier in the room. To our surprise when we got to the restaurant the recieptionist said we couldn't eat for another hour since they were booked. Booked? Its was the only place offering dinner. We waited and went back to the room. I really couldn't take the smell so we got a manager to come up who said she certainly smelled the mildew in the room but the only two options we had were to keep the purifier going which she hoped would clean up the smell soon or she had a room at the very end of the hall. I explained the problem with my foot and she said that since we booked using a discounted rate, there were very few rooms available at that rate. Had someone told me that the rate we paid, (still over somewhere between $800-$1000 pp per night from what I recall) was for substandard rooms we would not have gone there.We did receive a $75 spa credit, I assume because of the problem with the room, but I would have preferred having a room that did not make it uncomfortable for me to walk all 3 days we were there. Most of the classes were good, however for one class the instructor never showed up and when one of the 5 people waiting for the class asked what happened they said they forgot to take the class off the schedule. I complained about all of this at checkout and got a shrug and a oh, we hope you will come back so we can make it up to you. No offer of a discount. I also put all this in writing and the only response I got was a thank you note for staying and saying I could get 15% off the full rate if I go back. Lots of people seem to love it, but be careful if you go on a promotion.

Room Tip: Don't stay far down on a hall. It is an exceedingly long walk.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank B B
Thank you for speaking to me earlier this week about your experience at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. As we discussed and was stated in the letter sent following your visit, while I was glad to know you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations in all areas. Please know that our staff does strive to ensure each guests’ stay is the world-class experience you expect and deserve and I regret that was not the case for you this time. Should you decide to visit us again, please be assured we will do all we can to ensure your time here is the best that it can be in every respect. We hope to welcome you and your daughter again in the future.
Reggie Cooper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
#1 of 9 in Lee
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!