“A vacation not a trip”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A full schedule. Nice people. Amazing spa services. For newbies it's hard to navigate the grounds to get from a to b but everyone you ask is so nice and helpful in directing. Plenty of on site staff all hours. We were in suites which were large nice rooms..just wish they had more of a view ..which I guess didn't matter so much because you are the go and out from 8 - 5.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

With all we have to offer it certainly can be a bit overwhelming and I am glad our “helpful” staff was able to help you get acclimated. For future reference, please know we do offer tours daily and also a weekly session called “Navigating Your Stay: The Insider Scoop” both of which provide guests with valuable information to help make the most of their stay. I hope to see you again very soon and thank you for your positive review!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Most recently, I went to this resort with my 16 year old during a March special and we loved our time together, loved trying new things, loved feeling healthy, loved pushing our bodies physically and loved eating well for 4 days. I think it helped instill in her a new commitment to exercise that is so important to her long term health. I've been to this resort two other times; the first time I completely altered my eating habits; the second, I made some important improvements to my health and work/life balance. I love to travel and do so all over the world. Most travel is about exploring a new place and enjoying the experience. The Canyon Ranch experience is different - it's about learning how to live better and getting in touch with oneself. It's a gift for most of us who are on a treadmill to slow down and take stock with great teachers in the process. And the food is excellent (I bought several cookbooks), the teachers are great, the rooms are nice, the experiences are varied - in addition to the usual spin class and bootcamp, I tried Kangoo jumping and Yamuna foot wakers, among other things - and the services - spa, beauty, and medical - are excellent. I love the fact that they run mother-child specials during spring breaks because it's a chance to introduce teenagers to a healthy lifestyle. There were several other mother-daughter pairs there when we were there and I know my teenager found it reassuring to have peers around her.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CRJammer
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

How wonderful to know you and your daughter so enjoyed your time here. I applaud you for working to instill in her a commitment to her long term health and also for giving this priceless gift to yourself. We aim to provide a supportive, motivating, innovative environment, offering guests every possible resource and I am glad you were able to partake of so much of what we have available. While you are home, I hope you enjoy lasting benefits from the intentions you made toward your good health while you were here.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

well, if you haven't heard of the famous Canyon Ranch you are living under a rock! I have always wanted to go and see for myself what all the hype was about and boy was I in for the biggest change of my life. I really didn't know what to expect. I received a lot of paperwork ahead of time to set an intention for my stay and to book services. When i arrived, I was greeted at the train station by a very nice man who gave me the history not only of Canyon Ranch but also the surrounding area. I arrived and it was a smoothy check-in. Room was spacious and nice large bathroom. I immediately reviewed the week's activities and noticed that there was a lot of YOGA. I was new to the whole concept of YOGA so I took a private class and IT WAS LIFE changing. I have been taking YOGA in my home state ever since!! I took a fencing class, cooking classes, walked a lot, bike rides, and the rest is history. I lost 40 pounds and feel terrific. I cannot thank the team at Canyon Ranch enough as I have never felt better. I will be going to the one in Miami in September and look forward very much to that experience.

Room Tip: if you have any issues walking I would suggest a room close to the elevators and also close to the s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kimberlee' F
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your positive review and congratulations on your weight loss! We strive to empower people to live healthier, longer, more fulfilling lives and I am so glad you were able not only to make the most of your time here but also to incorporate all you learned into your daily life in a way that works for you. Enjoy your time in Miami; we hope to welcome you back to Lenox again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here with my adult daughter and my sister-in-law. It is a beautiful mansion resort in the heart of the Berkshire mountains with spectacular views. The services were wonderful. It was suggested that we have our facials at 8:00 pm, which was perfect t be cause after traveling all day we just let the products soak in and we went to bed. During our weekend I fit in a sugar scrub (relaxing and lovely), reflexology (so nice that I fell asleep during it), and a basic massage just before we left. The dress here is very casual, except for dinner. It's not unusual for people to walk around in their robes. The food was very healthy. Mine was always good, but others had issues with blandness. Another day or two would have been great!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoanneRI
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

How gratifying to know you found your time at Canyon Ranch in Lenox “heavenly.” It certainly sounds as though you took some time to avail of some of our healthy pleasures and relax and unwind with your family. While I was glad you enjoyed your meals, your observations regarding the food were shared with our Food and Beverage Director. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My stay at Canyon Ranch was LOVELY! I loved the entire time I was there with my husband! We celebrated our Anniversary, it was our first stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I am now feeling very disappointed because I was promised additional materials/CD from the Dr. I had two private sessions with. I have called and left a voice for the doctor (a few weeks after not receiving the promised materials) - no response. I emailed Canyon Ranch (a month ago) - no response. Given that this was my first stay, I have no idea if this is customary. But given the top dollar paid for both of these services, I feel really bad. I was so positive and now I feel very taken advantage of. This is the letter I sent the Ranch. Just get what you are supposed to get before you leave the property as it probably won't be delivered as promised!

Dear Canyon Ranch,

I am so disappointed to be sending this email to “complain” as I try to find the positive in everything (thank you Canyon Ranch!) but I do need some assistance.

My husband and I stayed in Lenox for our 16th anniversary from April 24th- 27th. Everything was perfect! I attended two session with Dr. Rossman (one alone on Meditation and one we did together on Relationships). Dr. Rossman promised me a “meditation CD” that he recorded during our session. I need this CD to continue to practice the mediation skills he taught me…
Also, during the session on Relationships with my husband, he promised us a list of recommended books he thought would assist us following our session.

Dr. Rossman was a wonderful practitioner. However, I still have not received any of the above materials. He took our home address and said he would send them to us because he would not have time to prepare it before we left.

Since we have returned home, I waited patiently (I was very anxious to put into practice what I learned while it was still fresh in my mind!) After two weeks passed, I called and left a message for Dr. Rossman on his voice mail (I did not hear back from him).

I have not heard back from anyone and everyday, my mailbox is empty despite my anticipation of the arrival of my new tools.

As we are now over a month since our departure from the Ranch, I am requesting a refund for those two sessions. At this point in time, I feel anything that was gained has been lost due to inactivity of practice since returning home.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

While I am glad you enjoyed your time here it is disconcerting to note the lack of follow up from Dr. Rossman. Your experience in this instance is certainly not in line with our high standards and I offer my sincere apologies. I understand he has attempted to get in touch with you to send the information requested and I trust the two of you will connect soon. If I can be of any assistance with this matter, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Your satisfaction is our number one priority and we will do all we can to make certain your next stay is the best that it can be in every respect.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

From the moment we arrived we felt overcome by the beauty and class of canyon ranch. The staff was helpful and knowledgable. There is a lot of diversity in the programming. There is something for everyone so you can split up and then regroup at a meal and everyone will feel satisfied (and gratified).

Room Tip: I was SHOCKED to arrive at such a high line destination and to find NO BLACKOUT SHADES in the room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie M

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. It was rewarding to know you felt “satisfied and gratified.” Please know we do provide blackout shades upon request so don’t hesitate to ask about this option when planning your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

When it comes to Canyon Ranch, I'm a little torn.

Generally, it is an ideal getaway for a few days, even when traveling solo. The guests are a mixed crowed and range from mother and daughter, group of friends, couples to solo travelers. They come in all shapes and sizes and all ages. :-) If traveling solo, one gets quickly contact to others, if one wishes to. If one wishes to stay alone, then that's perfectly fine and doable.

It offers many activities, which are very diverse and cater literally every interest. Sports for the more active person, relaxing classes such as yoga, knitting (not my choice), and lectures. I am very active and liked the spinning classes. I also particularly enjoyed the performance assessment tests offered by the medical department, even though they come with an extra charge. I'm a sucker for facts and test results, so this was exactly the right thing for me. The medical assistant was very thorough, explained the details of my test results, and gave tips on how to improve my workout.

Food is tasty and the menu offers dishes for every taste. The kitchen is happy to please requests, if one was not as happy with the menu. Portions are well sized, however, I have to say that I'm European and could never get used to the large US potions. An average US guest might think portions are small, in which case the kitchen is more than happy to give a second helping. All is included in the total price, even the smoothies or the coffee in the afternoon.

What is the downside? The interior is simply not my style. It is outdated and lacks any charm. The weirdest thing was that even the spinning room had carpet. I thought it was quite disgusting, given the fact that sweat drips down on the floor during a class. The pool is big and I loved it, but it was not designed in a way that would entice you to stay and linger. The garden is gorgeous and a great place to relax in a hammock if weather permits. However, there is no such place inside the venue. Not one single room invites the guest to stay. No room is designed in a way that would allow the guest to let the mind wander. Not even the - spacious - guest rooms. Thus, one sometimes looks for something to do, because there is no place where one could do nothing in a nice atmosphere. This is a big downside and lead me to come to the conclusion that 2 days would have been enough for me alone. It might be different if one travels with a group of friends, but if traveling alone, I would leave after two days. I heard though that they are forced to renovate because another Spa will open soon close by.

One word on the staff: they have so many people, it's incredible, and everybody was extremely nice, courteous and helpful. I did not have one bad experience.

All in all a great getaway and I relaxed a lot, but as I said, 4 days were too long and next time I would leave after 2 days.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NYC-VIE

Thank you for your thoughtful review. With regard to the “interior style,” we strive to cater to your every comfort in a quaint New England setting. Many guests find our Library and Sargent Brook Lounge comfortable spots to relax and unwind. I am very sorry you did not find that to be the case and regret the impact on your experience. In addition, your many positive comments, especially for the “incredible” staff, were most appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Reggie Cooper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
#1 of 9 in Lee
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!