“Excellent facility, staff and programming”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
New York City, New York
“Excellent facility, staff and programming”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were 3 very different people, each going to enjoy each other, but wanting different classes and programs. We each had a great time, and each tried different, interesting classes and lectures. Food was delicious and plentiful, lots of different levels of work out classes, services all good. Learned a lot. Other guests were charming and friendly. Staff was accommodating and professional. Beautiful property, well thought out from layout to classes to rooms and even the bathrooms. Still relaxed a week later.
Concerts in area just an added bonus.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I am so pleased to hear that each member of your party had a “great time” on your recent visit. We pride ourselves on providing a wide array of classes, lectures, & services, so that each one of our guests can create their own unique experience. It is gratifying to know you all found plenty to do and were able to try new activities in line with your individual interests. In addition, cultural season in the Berkshires showcases a world of performing arts and I am glad you had the opportunity to partake of this unforgettable entertainment! We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reggie Cooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Wilmette
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I went on a vacation to the Lenox location. It was beautiful! Our room was large and luxurious and the property was lovely. The food was healthy and delicious. There were many activities offered every day, and I took advantage of yoga, breathing, and exercise classes. There is a wooded area on the property with a lovely trail for walking or jogging. I was there for stress management, and Dr. Rossman and Sharon Alpert in the Life Management Department were very healthy. I highly recommend the Heart-Mind Connection and Biofeedback for help with stress and anxiety. I also purchased Dr. Rossman's book, Mind-body-Mood Connection, which has been very helpful for me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Renee S
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. Our caring Life Management team are experts at helping guests develop insights, tools and strategies to bring greater health, vitality and happiness into their life. Your accolades were appreciated and I have shared your compliments with Dr. Rossman & Sharon; both were thrilled to read such high praise. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week at Canyon Ranch in Lenox Mass. It is an amazing facility with first class service, great (and plentiful) food options and outstanding fitness programs, activities and lectures. We were never bored as the day was easily filled with varied activities including outdoor sports, numerous fitness workout programs and classes. There were evening activities and the Bingo was so much fun. Staff were so accommodating (and knowledgable) and we never wanted for anything. Spa food doesn't have to be boring and I can say that the food quality was superb and the menu was varied. Portions were controlled but you could always ask for more of something or have an entirely different choice. Salad bar was always fresh and full of various items. Big bowls of fresh fruit were strategically placed in numerous locations around the resort. The rooms were immaculate and the bedding was so comfortable. We actually brought pillows from home but didn't need them as there were at least three or four different types of pillows available. Try lunch at Le Jardin (al fresco dining for lunch) and the espresso and cappuccino options were available at Cafe Tasse. We will absolutely be back. 5 stars!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our property. I am so happy to know you found our resort to have “first class service.” You certainly deserve a memorable visit and we will continue our efforts to ensure all of your stays exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Iowa, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I cant say enough about this place. was my first time here and did a girls week. from the airport transfer to the resort and back to the airport this place is the best. relaxing yet enough activities available. great food. professional staff. amazing spa. awesome guest lecturers, cooking presentation and loved the kangaroo jump class... and all the classes. worth every penny and will be back.. very relaxing. great place for solo travelers. saw lots of solo travelers there. try to get west wing room as it is close to everything,

Room Tip: wifi touch and go in the rooms and facilities. better outside. not sure why.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jacqueline76
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for high praise regarding your first trip to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. Personal referrals from our loyal guests have always been instrumental in introducing new people to Canyon Ranch, so we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m happy you were able to take advantage of all we have to offer, from the lectures to the cooking demos to the fitness classes; the Rebound Shoes are a great workout and lots of fun too! I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back to Canyon Ranch in Lenox.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are undergoing a massive transformation at my workplace, and I am one of the people who has to help manage people's anxieties about new leadership and new directions. I found myself quite depleted by the summer. I had arranged with one of my dearest friends to meet up at CR, and our only complaint was that the stay was too short. We each did our own classes and treatments, met up for downtime and meals, and just reconnected. I cannot say how much I needed that time away from family and phone and email. It was a lifesaver. I came back to much the same workplace, but I was refreshed and more myself.

Everyone at CR was terrifically helpful and supportive. Once I turned my car over to the valet, everything was taken care of and provided. The grounds are lovely and the Berkshires. . . . We are already planning our next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such a flattering review. It certainly sounds as though you needed some rest and relaxation and I am pleased you chose Canyon Ranch in Lenox as your place of renewal. What’s great about Canyon Ranch, as you described, is that there is so much to choose from, you are able to customize your stay. From over 40 classes & lectures a day to hundreds of services, every stay at Canyon Ranch can be a different experience that will leave you “refreshed.” . We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ma
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently experienced my 15th visit to Canyon Ranch Lenox. The staff is helpful and well versed in the resort. I had the absolute best time! Of course there are always new faces to lead me through a spin or yoga class. But it's fun to see familiar faces, and with all the guests that go through the doors, it's heart warming to get a welcome back, nice to see you again, and come back soon!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good. Mostly likely you are there for wellness and exercise. Ask for one at th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
How gratifying to know you had “the absolute best time” on your 15th visit with us in Lenox. Your thoughtful observations are greatly appreciated and I’m happy Canyon Ranch “never lets you down.” As you can attest, the personalized care and attention our staff provides is a main reason our guests return again and again. And it’s our guests that inspire us to maintain such high levels of service, and we remain committed to offering a unique experience that distinguishes us from other destination spas. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Marblehead, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I made my first visit to Canyon Ranch beginning the Monday after the July 4th holiday and it was perfect timing. The property was relatively quiet and the staff was outstanding. We stayed in a standard room and it fit the bill, especially since one is hardly ever in one's room except to sleep (beds very comfortable by the way). I recommend taking the morning walk each day. It's a way to do a quick zip through the town of Lenox and a chance to meet fellow guests. There are always several CR leaders allowing for a variety of walking paces. I took advantage of each meal's suggested "Spa Menu" which kept calories within a certain range. Everything I ate was incredibly flavorful and delicious. I tried every kind of exercise activity from the most difficult "Fierce Tabata" training to a variety of yoga classes (I'm a beginner). In particular, I would single out the yoga staff as some of the best fitness related instructors I've ever had.

The spa services are also outstanding. I booked many (maybe too many if that's possible) different services. Each was a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The spa waiting area in the locker room is lovely.

I will most certainly return to CR and only hope I can book another block of dates that were as quiet as my initial visit. Yes, CR can be expensive, but I felt that the prices were justified for the quality of accommodations, staff, cuisine and fitness options provided.

Room Tip: My room was in the wing to the left of the main lobby, accessible via both a quick outdoor pathway a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I’m thrilled to hear your first experience at Canyon Ranch in Lenox was such a positive one. I truly feel that the staff members here are among the best and I am glad that was your experience as well. I appreciate you sharing your tips with the TripAdvisor community and will be sure to pass along your accolades with our Spa and Food & Beverage management teams. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reggie Cooper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!