“Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lenox
Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I love this place. It's serene and you can participate as much or as little as you choose. Judgment is checked at the door, so all ages, shapes, sizes, and experience levels can feel comfortable there. The food is also excellent. I can't wait to go back!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Alicia M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Montclair, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I visited Kripalu for the 1st time about 5 years ago & was pleased to find upon my 2nd visit, that it's still the same lovely place, with a few improvements.
I stayed in the Annex building this time, which was a pleasure.
The cafeteria still does not serve coffee, which to be honest, is annoying,
but do-able, since the cafe 1 floor down serves coffee all day.
And meal times are not always convenient.

My favorite thing about Kripalu is that one can do as they please, but there are checks in place to insure that everyone else has privacy & quiet too. No blaring music, no loud cell phone chats or phones ringing, no TVs blaring. Peace & quiet. And although I thoroughly enjoy every bit of this, I always know it's time to come home when all that goodness begins to grate on my nerves a little ;-)
I mean this with kind-heartedness & honesty.
It was good to return home ultimately, but I will always return to Kripalu to retreat into myself so that my "re-entry" into the world is done with new clarity of mind & joy of spirit.

Room Tip: There is NO COFFEE in the cafeteria. If - like me - you need that 1st cup upon waking, bring someth...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Choulli
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Meditation and Yoga are part of our lifestyle. We love to attend the teachings at Kripalu. The serenity of the location in a rural setting with wooded walking paths at the doorstep enhances a restorative setting. The selection of locally grown organic vegetarian food is unparalleled. The accommodations range from hostel style rooms to new age environmental suites. The casual and relaxed atmosphere is a far cry form the hustle and bustle of to-days lifestyle

Room Tip: Be prepared to feel your blood pressure and breathing to go into a very relaxed pace.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J M
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We did a weekend retreat with Deepak Chopra at Kripalu. He was discussing his new book "Super Brain: Unleashing the Explosive Power of Your Mind". His talk and the experience at Kripalu was Excellent. We had one of the new rooms in the annex with Lake view and private bath and meals in dining hall.

Room Tip: Lake views are great
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John N
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

This was my
First experience at Kripalu and I really had no idea of what to expect. Upon arrival I was greeted by Greg at the front desk who explained to me that my room was not ready yet, which I fully expected being that I was a few hours early. Greg was quite informative about the grounds and classes available and told me my room was guaranteed by 4 but could check back by 3. I came back to the desk and a lovely gentleman who had just been working for 6 weeks ( Dennis I believe) offered to help me with my bags. He was knowledgable as well and made me feel at home. He left me at the elevator at the annex where I was staying. I found my single room with bathroom just fine. Simple, comfortable and at a perfect temperature throughout my four day stay. My view of the lake was very pretty. I didn't find it to be noisy at all. I would say it was what I would have expected. My first day I attended a moderate yoga class taught by Evelyn Gonzalez. I really enjoyed her class. I did not find it difficult at all I thought she was excellent in explaining everything throughout the class. I'm not sure I would classify it as "moderate" but I did not try the gentle or advanced classes. She offered meditation after but I was starving and went to eat. The food was amazing! Throughout my stay I had incredible food. It's all buffet style. There's vegetarian, vegan and meat options. What I love is how clearly everything is labeled. If you are looking for processed, fried fatty foods this is NOT the place for you!!! The silent breakfasts were different! I attended Kripalu to see Deepak Chopra. I was not dissapointed. I had four treatments in the Healing Arts Center. I had Reiki, an Ayuervidic treatment and two deep tissue massages. I found the therapists to be extremely gifted and professional. I must admit that when entering the Healing Arts Center I felt as if I was entering a drs office/ student Dorm however the temperature is comfortable, the staff is highly skilled and professional that it makes up for it and soon you forget! I had nnever had Reiki or an Ayuervediv treatment before yet I was completely at ease. The outside grounds are pretty. The labyrinth is a nice peaceful setting to go and walk reflect.

3 Thank Christine K
150 Great Wolf Drive
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

It's difficult to put in words the experiences that you live in at Kripalu. Such a special place, filled with peace, wisdom, spirituality and love. The staff there is amazing, every instructor, every food service person, housekeeping, healing arts specialists is unique and special. The Kripalu experience is a gift, you enter the sanctuary tired, toxic and worn. You leave nourished, body and soul, peaceful and rested. Always hard to leave the cocoon like feel. A gem! I go back again and again!

4 Thank Hoyadocmom
KripaluGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and observations from your experiences at Kripalu. I agree with you - our staff is amazing! It is special for us to see our guests have the transformation you describe and I am grateful that we are a place of nourishment and peace for you. We look forward to your return. Best, Erin P.
ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

If you want a beautiful location to do yoga, become a teacher of yoga or just rest and relax this is the place to be. My room is small,with two twin beds one dresser a window fan ( no AC) there are intense workshops for teens and adults. On site cafeteria with vegetarian and vegan options galore. No coffee...you will have to buy this later @ the cafe. It can be pricey compared to what acommodations you get.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank parmalat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Wheatleigh
Wheatleigh
#7 of 14 in Lenox
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health? Share your experiences!