“Not as Expected! ”

Dining options: Breakfast
Clay, New York
“Not as Expected! ”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We have come to have breakfast at the Haven for the last three years. Raved about the food until this last visit. We ordered the Veggie Eggs Benedict. When the food was brought out it was the wrong order. The waitress took it back to exchange it. When the new dish was brought out, the same eggs reheated must have been used... they were basically solid. If we were not so rushed for time we, would have returned this dish. It certainly was not worth it. It was a real disappointment , considering how we have raved about this place.

Boynton Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best place for breakfast”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Haven is a delightful place and the menu will make everyone happy with unusual breakfast/lunch options. Great pastries and breads.

Visited June 2014
Kensington, New Hampshire
“Worth the visit.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Memorial Day Morning was probably not an ideal time to enjoy this nice Bakery. Our teas and coffee were great as was the help with seating, once you got service and were ready to sit down. Yup, there are always those who much the system up by sitting part of their party and then being in line for the next 10-15 mins for service.
Disappointed that the Carrot Cake was so stale. However, we'd go back again and try a full B'fast, now that we know there is a much larger menu!

Peter

Visited May 2014
1 Thank petapaf
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fresh, Friendly & Accomodating”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently attended a writing retreat/workshop in the Lenox area. I have have several food allergies/sensitivities. The inn where I stayed could not accommodate my needs so I knew I had to find places to eat throughout the week. I found Haven online and ate breakfast twice and lunch twice during the week. They were so gracious and helpful. If you are a Gluten Free person your in luck, they have delicious gf baked cooks also.

Jane and Colin were terrific in working to assure my order was done correctly and to check recipes and ingredients when necessary.

The food,as I mentioned is fresh and delicious and portion sizes without being over the top.

Haven should be on everyone's list when visiting Lenox, MA.

Jude

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Delicious brunch and amazing baked goods!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had a truly delicious brunch in the Haven Cafe & Bakery last weekend. Having read the reviews it sounded like the perfect lunch spot and what a treat it was! You make your selection at the counter, pay and they give you a number for your table. The first thing you notice at the counter are the amazing looking pastries and baked goods which are all made on premises including the delicious bagels and ham and gruyere biscuits. I ordered the eggs benedict and it was perfect. They eggs were topped with a very lemony béarnaise sauce served on one of those ham and gruyere biscuits. WOW… this has to be the best eggs benedict I’ve ever tasted. Everything was delicious, but what really pushed it over the top was the biscuit. I will definitely consider a trip to Lenox just to have them again!

• Visited April 2014