“Go to customer service school”
Review of Patisserie Lenox

Patisserie Lenox
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Lenox
Cuisines: French
Claremont, California
“Go to customer service school”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This place has great pastries, but what good is it if they treat customers as a nuissance. I do not have aspecific incidence to point to, but from the moment you enter the place, it feels like one is not welcome. No hello how are you or any friendly interaction. Even the best pastries are hard to enjoy in such a hostile environment. By the way, if you have to go there, just stick to the pastries. The coffee is cold and lousy.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank grevenbroich
Yulia B, Owner at Patisserie Lenox, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear customer,

I am deeply sorry for your outrageous experience in our shop. Like for any small business, it is very hard for us to find the right staff to truly represent it. Hearing about your bad experience breaks my heart, and I am very grateful for your feedback. I had long discussions with all of the employees about the proper customer service after the incident. I am hiring for the summer, and will pay especial attention to training them in excellent customer service. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasnt experience!

“One note menu”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely shop and very appetizing for me but not a single lunch option for my 10 year old. I would call the lunch menu eclectic which is not for everyone. The most generic option was the caprese salad, but they were out if it. We would have loved to try one of the bakery items but wanted lunch first. We left and went to Shots cafe which was excellent.

Note to owners, have a few toned down (dare I say Americanized) items on your menu for the less mature eater and if you are out, erase it from the chalkboard (isn't that the point of a chalkboard?).

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Ebheys
Berkshires MA
“authentic, lovely french bakery”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have been popping into this patisserie since they opened to pick up their fruit tarts when I entertain - can never go wrong! - and my staple supply of macaroons and brioche! I took the plunge and ordered a birthday cake last weekend - and was absolutely delighted. I ordered the cake in Lenox and the chef is usually in his Great Barrington location so there were some questions about the order which I could not directly discuss, but the end product was absolutely divine - I expected a beautiful and delicious cake and that is exactly what I got - this is one of the best bakeries I have ever been to and clearly outshines everything locally!

• Visited December 2013
Ellington, Connecticut
“The best french bakery”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Patisserie is by far the best bakery my husband and I have ever had!! The staff are very friendly and more than willing to accommodate special concerns. I had ordered a special torte that was a huge hit the party and was amazingly beautiful and delicious.

• Visited June 2013
Half Moon Bay, California
“worth the wait”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Have eaten here a few times. The food is always good, sometimes very good! On a nice day, you will enjoy sitting on the patio out front watching the people pass by. On the downside, it does take them a very long time to produce the food; i waited more than 30 minutes for a quiche of the day that i thought was pre-made but maybe not? After i inquired how much longer it would be they quickly brought it out. The inside of the restaurant can be quite crowded on a busy day, so much so that it isn't that pleasant to eat inside with all the people waiting and brushing by. I always wish the people behind the counter could muster a bit more friendliness taking my order, but i guess the Lenox tourism does take its toll so i don't fault them much for that. Prices are a little steep but this is prime tourism season. Oh well. Hope they stay around for a long time and find a larger place with more staff. Then they will really be happening!

• Visited August 2013