“Awesome Week-end”
other travellers have booked this property
The Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Living Room
The living room looking out the front door
The living room
Third floor, queen-sized bed, The Yellow Room
The Yellow Room
Side garden and table
The front porch
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

carolhame...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome Week-end”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

My sisters came from Florida for their annual visit to New England. They had never been to Lenox(one of my favorite places),we looked for a place to stay on Trip Advisor. The house was perfect for us, it is so comfortable and cozy. It was nice to relax and have dinners at home. It is close to everywhere we wanted to go.We had a good time listening to old records and relaxing in the evening. We hope to come back!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Price/Location
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Patti256
Lake Placid, Florida
“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Recently spent three glorious nights at Gartner House with my two sisters for our annual "sisters reunion". What a gem this house is! We walked to downtown Lenox for shopping and restaurants. Stayed in during the evenings and cooked dinner in the well equipped kitchen. Played boardgames and listened to classic music from the huge selection of vinyl records. Much attention to detail has gone into decorating this house. It truly was a home away from home - very cozy.

Deb was more than accommodating in working out our "last minute" reservations and providing plenty of tips on things to do and places to go.

I hope to have an opportunity to return to Gartner House in the future.

Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mckenzie...
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great location and place”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Thank you Deb for putting together a house that is well maintained with a lot of charm. I stayed two nights with my family. My dad loved the large record collection; my mom loved the hominess of the place. It was also great to be close enough to Lenox center to walk everywhere.

A few things to know. The house only gets cell phone reception on the 3rd floor. There is no internet. And one of the double beds can really only sleep 1.

Other than that, we loved the cute side yard and front patio, the kitchen with a large array of spices, and the overall feeling of the place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean, well stocked, and convienent.
Liked least: 1 of the double beds was too soft for 2 people to sleep on
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
26 Aug 2013
Hi Mckenzie and many thanks for your complimentary review! I very much appreciate it, but feel very bad about the internet. There is in fact WI-FI, but due to a miscommunication, the necessary info to sign on was not left for you- mea culpa! It's brand new, and I guess we're still getting up to speed. If you think that you would like to come back to visit some time, I would like to offer you a free night to compensate. If you would prefer however, I would be happy to send you a check for 50$- you should have had that access.
Regarding the double bed that's too soft, I think you must be referring to the second floor bedroom right by the bathroom. Good to know- thinking about it, I imagine 2 people would end up "pooled" in the center of the bed.Thank you for letting us know and I hope everyone was able to find restful sleep.
Yes, the cell phone reception is a problem and again, i apologize if i failed to let you know about it. I do have the freedom plan on the landline as a consequence, but it's not the same as having your cell phone.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review- I really appreciate the feedback- it's very helpful! Let me know how I can make up for the lack of internet. Take care, Deb
New York
Reviewed 11 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
PA
Reviewed 6 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

NY
Reviewed 31 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
GregA1014
Middletown, Delaware
“Excellent location with all the amenities and comforts of home!”
Reviewed 13 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

We visited the Gartner House with my wife, three daughters and my parents and found the house to be clean, comfortable and inviting. The shops and restaurants were all within walking distance to the house. Deb was helpful in reccomending local points of interest and even left us with a welcome basket upon arrival. We would definately choose the Gartner House again when visiting Lenox.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and cleanliness of the house.
Liked least: Nothing.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing