“A worthwhile place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is a truly comfortable place with a very good menu. It's a pub like location, albeit on the large side. The food has been consistent over the years and is a great value. TV's all over, but not TOO all over.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife and I had eaten here for lunch one day and found the service and food to be less than stellar. We stood for a few minutes before someone came over to seat us and she had to get up from the bar to do that. She was not accommodating at only once checked to see how we were doing. The food was very bland and was probably frozen and thrown in a fryolator or something. Will never go back to this place ever and I live here in the Berkshires.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Ate here last night when we stayed in Lenox. Took a long time for the food, that was frozen. Nice beer selection, but was a way over priced. Like others have said it was very noisy even in the dining room. Two beers, one app, and two entrees plus tip was $75.00. Should of gone to Dakota.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We headed out to find a pub where we could watch The Patriot's game. Halpin's Grub & Grog was a short drive so we ended up there. My husband ordered a 24 oz. IPA, not one he really wanted but the waitress assured him that she knew all the beers & read from a list of the normal Buds, Millers, etc. So he ordered the only beer (ale) she said they had. It was taking a while to get it so he walked over to the taps & read that there were others she hadn't mentioned. While he was away from the table she delivered a16 oz ale, not 24 oz. When he returned he said that's not 24 oz & to top it off they have other ales on tap that he prefered. So he flagged her down & said she hadn't told him about the others & he'd prefer one of those & also that he had ordered a 24 oz not a 16. So she got huffy & took the beer back & returned with the other ale in a 24 oz glass. However, she told us that there wasn't anything she could do about the original beer & we would have to pay for it. So he said well bring it back & I'll drink it. She said she couldn't because she dumped it out. But reminded us that we were still going to have to pay for it. We explained that she hadn't told him about the others available to which she replied that it wasn't in the computer so she didn't know. So now it's the computer's fault! Indignantly she said that's ok, I'll pay for it. That didn't set right with us. We decided that we wouldn't tip her if we had to pay for it and we always tip very good.

Then we ordered food. My husband ordered "Rick's Roast Beef sub" ($9.99) and he really enjoyed it. I ordered veal parm. The flavor was good but the veal was a pressed patty. So technically it was veal but not what I expected. I thought it should be a bit better for $16.99 for pub food. In the end the waitress said she had not charged us for the beer she threw out & we did tip her appropriately. We got it straightened out in the end but we just didn't need the aggravation! We went there for a good time and to enjoy our 34th anniversary.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

The service is good here. The live band we heard was pretty good. The beer selection was decent.
The food had mixed reviews. 2 of 6 us really enjoyed our food, 1 said it was "pretty good" and 3 didn't like it at all.
We really liked the environment, but this was just an average place to go.