“Great corporate meeting venue”

Cranwell Resort Spa and Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A luxury resort in the Berkshires that offers a championship 18-hole golf course for guests and the public.
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We hosted a small company retreat/planning session at the Cranwell. Very easy team with which to work- really were focused on our goals for the event. We ended up with so many special requests and each of them were handled seamlessly.
Room product very nice- public spaces and outlets great. Wonderful service for breakfast- engaged staff.

1  Thank greytfool

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Spent two days and one night at Cranwell. Did not play golf but heard good reports about the course. Food, service, ambiance and rooms were excellent. The rooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable. The staff overall were friendly, congenial and informative.
The Spa was spacious, comfortable and I found the staff here to be helpful.
I will look forward to a return and reccommend the Resort.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Excellent place to spend a getaway weekend,
Bit pricey, depending on a season.
Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Reading other reviews, it certainly sounds as if Cranwell does some things quite well, but if you're staying elsewhere in Lenox and go to the spa for some pampering, don't get your hopes up.

With its reputation and prices, you expect to feel welcomed and comfortable, but from the check-in desk to the services staff, the employees ranged from aloof and unfriendly to insecure and distracted. I get warmer, classier treatment from the staff at the local Massage Envy.

The pedicures were OK, but again, nothing out of this world. My manicure, however, was chipping by the end of the day. The color on one nail peeled off in one piece by the end of the night, and I was doing nothing more strenuous than dining and reading.

Not happy with your services? Don't expect to show your displeasure through your tip. 20% gratuity is tacked on to the cost of your services.

If I had had the same experience in a cheap salon, I might not have been disappointed, but I expected something special here.

3  Thank My2centsBoston
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My mother and I had massage appointments at Cranwell. We opted to have what they call a "duet massage" so we could be in the same room together so I could be of assistance to my om if needed. I have a warm stone massage. The stones are hot not lukewarm as the name made me fear but it was the first time I ever had this massage without once being touched with a stone that was too hot. It was an excellent massage. My mom had the reflexology. My mom is elderly and prefers a gentle style massage just on her feet. Be aware that the Cranwell version of reflexdology does involve lying down. That was difficult for my mom but the staff was helpful in providing just the right pillow support to make her comfortable and she really enjoyed the massage as well. I also liked the pleasant relaxing waiting room. Some spa waiting rooms have a creepy cult feel to them, but not at Cranwell where everyone we encountered was pleasant and no one was snooty as you sometimes find at spas. They put a 20% gratuity right on the bill, which we liked. There was also a cute spa shop. We did not make use of the whirlpool or sauna which were avalable to us.