“Spa Day - Expensive for what you get”

Cranwell Resort Spa and Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A luxury resort in the Berkshires that offers a championship 18-hole golf course for guests and the public.
Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Spa Day - Expensive for what you get”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My daughter and I recently went for a Spa day. This includes a swedish massage, lunch and a pedicure. I spent $400 for 2 people.

The massages were fine. The pedicures were very well done - seemed very clean and used new equipment. So that part was good.

But the lunch was terrible. $17 a piece for a sandwich and a "dessert". The sandwich tasted horrible and the lettuce in it seemed old. The sorbet we had did not taste good, was a very small portion and seemed freezer burned. They charged us EXTRA for a drink! For $17 they should at least include a drink. So that part was not great at all.

In between services there is a Quiet room you can sit in. This needs to be updated a bit. Also, some patrons hog the couches all day long. When I finally got one, it was slightly wet as well as the blanket. I asked for a new blanket and they said they didn't have anymore. I also think it is a little gross that so many people are using the same blankets.

So I am not sure if the overall experience was worth the money. I may try somewhere else in the future.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank jkenney88

New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great corporate meeting venue”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We hosted a small company retreat/planning session at the Cranwell. Very easy team with which to work- really were focused on our goals for the event. We ended up with so many special requests and each of them were handled seamlessly.
Room product very nice- public spaces and outlets great. Wonderful service for breakfast- engaged staff.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank greytfool
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Weekend away”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Spent two days and one night at Cranwell. Did not play golf but heard good reports about the course. Food, service, ambiance and rooms were excellent. The rooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable. The staff overall were friendly, congenial and informative.
The Spa was spacious, comfortable and I found the staff here to be helpful.
I will look forward to a return and reccommend the Resort.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Recent trip”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Excellent place to spend a getaway weekend,
Bit pricey, depending on a season.
Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and helpful.

Visited January 2013
Boston
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Expected better..”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Reading other reviews, it certainly sounds as if Cranwell does some things quite well, but if you're staying elsewhere in Lenox and go to the spa for some pampering, don't get your hopes up.

With its reputation and prices, you expect to feel welcomed and comfortable, but from the check-in desk to the services staff, the employees ranged from aloof and unfriendly to insecure and distracted. I get warmer, classier treatment from the staff at the local Massage Envy.

The pedicures were OK, but again, nothing out of this world. My manicure, however, was chipping by the end of the day. The color on one nail peeled off in one piece by the end of the night, and I was doing nothing more strenuous than dining and reading.

Not happy with your services? Don't expect to show your displeasure through your tip. 20% gratuity is tacked on to the cost of your services.

If I had had the same experience in a cheap salon, I might not have been disappointed, but I expected something special here.

Visited July 2013