“Outstanding food and wine in a great setting.”
Review of Blantyre

Blantyre
Ranked #23 of 58 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dining is a very special event at Blantyre, Relais & Châteaux. Late every afternoon, the Main House undergoes a lovely transformation as we prepare for the delightful dining experience to come that evening. Linens are brought out, tables are set with sterling silver, fine china, crystal, and fresh flowers. Beautiful music fills the air and candles are lit. Under the knowing eye of Chef Arnaud Cotar, the kitchen is a hive of activity as the finest ingredients are used to create a memorable, outstanding dining experience. When you arrive, you can enjoy a pre-dinner glass of Champagne and canapés on the Covered Terrace or in the Main Hall, or sample one of our rich red wines in the Music Room. When your first course is ready our host will escort you to the dining room where your delicious dinner begins. Enjoy a glass of wine from our Wine Cellar, the recipient of the 2011 Grand Award Wine Spectator. Should your evening plans include a Friday or Saturday performance at Tanglewood or Jacob's Pillow, you may wish to postpone dessert. Upon your return, coffee, an assortment of cheeses and a beautifully prepared dessert buffet is served in the Music Room. In keeping with our house tradition, we require gentlemen to wear a jacket and tie. We also offer 24-hour room service.
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Outstanding food and wine in a great setting.”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The food, extensive wine list, ambience and service are first class. The hotel itself and its surrounding grounds are worth the experience. I recommend having a glass of wine on the terrace where you can review the dinner menu prior to dining.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank cosmo144

New York City, New York
“Relais & Chateaux”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The R&C chain is one of my favorite chains and I conside Blantyre the best of the 6 that I've gone to.The restaurant has been my favorite in Lenox for the past 5 years and as of three years ago their presentation of Scallops has been my favorite prepartion any where in the world. Much to my chagrin it is no longer on the menu. Nonetheless on my recent visit I had a superb Halibut and the vegetables were excellent as well as very good desserts.
As usual I start my meal at Blantyre with drinks on the outdoor patio where I can enjoy the beautiful country setting and enjoy the unique canapes they provide and the bowl of fresh and tasty warm nuts. Their service is very solicitous without being intrusive. Their wines are very good quality and reasonably priced. My favorite is a Trimbach of Pinot Gris and their red recommendations always meld well with whatever entree we have. desserts should not be missed either. Enjoy.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank a1000clowns
Boston, Massachusetts
“great restaurant even if you are staying elsewhere.”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Although we were staying at the blantyre, we saw no reason to go anywhere else. The food was excellent, the presentation was beautiful and the sommelier was truly gifted. They serve your canapés and drinks before your dinner in another room in the mansion. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank meagan1223
Fairport, N.Y.
“Magically Elegant, but overpriced”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The treat begins once you find this out of the way estate. The grounds look like something out of any movie made in New Zealand in the last ten years ---- beautifully kept, exotic looking, truly takes the breath away. We drove slowly in the lane from the highway, ogling the vegetation, when the Hotel/Restaurant and outbuildings appeared. The tone was set when we parked our car a couple of spots over from the resident vintage 1952 Jaguar sedan. A short walk in to the establishment, and we commenced a gastronomic tour de force, in keeping with the other Relais et Chateaux to which we've been. The meal was excellent, the staff attentive to the point of obsequiousness, the decor and surroundings in general were tasteful, antique, though not subdued, not intrusive. Chamber music in the background, loud enough to be audible, but low enough to allow conversation without effort; it gave us a blanket of pleasant sound which enhanced the illusion that the dining room was ours alone. I strongly recommend this establishment, particularly in the more clement months, with the sole caveat that the tariff will startle some; we expected it to be among the higher cost meals in our experience, and we were not disappointed. Though we very much enjoyed the experience, we shan't return.

• Visited May 2011
New York
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is a totally unique dining experience, reminiscent of the gilded age. Great local produce is used to produce delicious classic and modern fare. The wine list is incredible - I think they have over 400000 bottles to choose from.

Visited February 2012