“Chinese food that won't disappoint”

Luau Hale Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 62 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese, Polynesian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Upon entering this spacious place I was put off by the absence of any Chinese staff, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality and portions of the food. We started with the spring rolls, which were delivered promptly tasted fine...I had the seafood combination, steamed, and was again surprised by a large piece of lobster along with the scallops and shrimp. Dish could easily have served two. Luau Hale is definitely worth a visit if you're in the mood for a satisfying Chinese meal.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Visited here about a month ago. It was so good and the lunch specials are priced so reasonable that I went back again yesterday. Each time with three different friends. All of us enjoyed our food. The first time I ordered General Tsao's Chicken $8. It was so good, I ordered it again the second visit. I have had it at other places and have been very disappointed.
One friend ordered the Beef & Broccoli. He said it was very good and that the beef was tender.
The interior needs updating but can be overlooked for the great food.
One criticism I do have is about the waitresses. Both times we had a waitress that was irritable and unfriendly.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Have eaten here so many times, and always enjoy what they make! If you like Polynesian food, get the Pupu Platter (whether for one or two) you'll love it! Fine atmosphere!

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Have lived in the area for over thirty years. My wife, daughter, her boyfriend and I stopped in for dinner after going to the movies. First time in many years. It is like thing have not changed at all. The menu is varied with something for everyone. Food was served hot and service was excellent. For the appetizer we had the Pu Pu platter for two. Way more than enough for four. We all tried something different, duck, chicken, beef and seafood. You will not go hungry here. We all brought a ton of food home with us. Drinks are reasonably priced. If you haven't been here in a while give it a try. I will not wait so long before returning.

Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

So the other reviews surprise and disappoint me, because while this place hasn't change in 35 years, the food is awesome! I recommend the Pu Pu Platter for 1 (its enough food for 2) and the famed scorpion bowl to share. The prices can seem high but split it with a friend. Its yummy and plentiful! Parking is great, service is fairly quick and the ambiance is expected for this type of restaurant. Soft, peaceful music in the background, the lights low and soothing :)