“Best breakfast I've had in years!”
Review of Kitchen on the Commons - CLOSED

Kitchen on the Commons
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 January 2014

A friend asked me to meet her at the kitchen for lunch. The joint was bright and ultra clean and I was very happy to find out they have kind of a brunch style menu. Simple to funky breakfast and lunch items, most sounded tasty to me. We shared the cornflake encrusted french toast the eggs Benedict Florentine served on a biscuit with some home fries and a side of duck hash topped with a poached egg. Everything was simply magical! Don't mean to be over dramatic but I've made my living in the restaurant industry and its rare for me to be so pleased dining out. It was not fancy. It was just perfectly seasoned beautifully presented and down right tasty as hell. Service was friendly and prompt and the whole place has a nice laid back vibe. Thank you KOTC and I will be back ASAP.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The food was excellent. Service staff friendly. Try the duck hash! Outstanding! Also if your late sleepers it's open late with breakfast served anytime.

1  Thank Kcbuckley
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were treated so nicely here and beautiful woman who was our server was very attentive. Good place!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Over the years we have had lunch at this location with a friend whenever my wife and I have visited Lenox in the summer. It was formerly Jonathan's Bistro. Our friend suggested we meet here while I was on a visit last weekend for a class reunion as she had had some good experiences dining since the change. Under new ownership as Kitchen on the Commons it is a different restaurant yet is still a very nice place to have lunch. While I noted in some of the reviews listed below that people have had varying experiences dining at this new restaurant, we seemed to have hit the place on a good day and perhaps some of the start up issues have been addressed and solved. The food was very good and the service was prompt and courteous. The atmosphere was pleasant and quiet. I would certainly recommend it as worth a try and I will look forward to returning for lunch next summer. Good location off the Pittsfield Lenox road as well, though it's tucked away and somewhat hidden yet worth finding.

1  Thank jlkdhk
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I am eating a wonderful breakfast of eggs with fresh spinach and sauteed garlic on the side. Have been here once a week for the past month and love it. Very tasty. Food is presented quickly and hot with plenty of coffee refills. The waitstaff is very attentive but not hovering. A landscape surrounded deck with awning for outside seating or booths and tables inside. Very clean and contemporary feel. Prices are very reasonable for Lenox area. Husband came for lunch with co-workers and they were very impressed with the sandwiches, upscale decor and reasonable prices. Good, strong coffee, tasty food, pleasing decor, and good background music (BB King followed by Dion and the Belmonts, old rock and blues).
Tucked away in The Commons and a little hard to find but worth the trouble.