“Decent Place for Breakfast in the Berkshires”
Review of Kitchen on the Commons - CLOSED

Kitchen on the Commons
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Decent Place for Breakfast in the Berkshires”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Been to the Kitchen on the Commons three times in the last two months for breakfast. Went with coworkers all three times. The prices are reasonable and they have great specials that are only 3.99! Unheard of for a sit down restaurant, especially in this resort area.

Wait staff are friendly and attentive. Your coffee cup will never run dry. So far I have tried the bagel and smoked salmon, the huevos rancheros, and the eggs benedict. Loved the bagel, huevos were tasty, and the benedict was unique. I've never had grilled corned beef on my eggs benedict. It was quite good. One of my coworkers tried the steak and eggs which was a nice big breakfast for those with a hearty appetite. The biscuits that they serve on the plates taste homemade and are very tender and moist. Next time I think I will try the duck hash.

Lots of seating with a bright and airy atmosphere. Very casual.

Visited April 2014

Massachusetts
“Could Be a Great Breakfast Place”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stopped by for a Saturday Brunch. If you're going, the restaurant is somewhat hidden behind the Chocolate Springs Cafe in the Lenox Commons. Found the restaurant bright, clean and cheery, and were happy with the service and time for our food to arrive. The menu is imaginative with several dishes that you don't often see but sound interesting. We both enjoyed our meals, but felt a tweak here and there could have risen them to excellent instead of only good. I had the Homemade Hashes (2 eggs, biscuit, homefries, hollandaise, with corned beef hash - had choice of corned beef, duck, or veggie Hash). I enjoyed the hash, somewhat different from others that I've had but I liked the taste. Next time I'll try the duck hash. The homefries had a touch too much of Oregano (maybe just that day's heavy hand from the chef). The eggs were done perfectly (I ordered poached) but they had that lack of taste that you find nowadays with most grocery store eggs. With all the farm eggs available in this area, I'd like to see them spend a few dollars more per dozen and find eggs that actually taste like eggs used to. Overall the prices might be a dollar or two higher than diner food, but certainly comparable to prices at a good restaurant. We will return to try some of their other dishes.

• Visited April 2014
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Breakfast all day”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great selection for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. My husband loves their duck hash, and I love their bacon and cheese grits!

Visited March 2014
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“I Really Wanted to Like it”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A friend told me about this new restaurant. There was an ad in the paper for a breakfast for $3.99. Unfortunately the special is only until 10 am and we got there shortly after. The place is immaculate. Very simple and pleasant decor The cups of coffee are huge. I ordered the homemade corn beef hash and home fries. I didn't like the hash. The home fries were hard and nothing special. My friend asked for toast instead of the biscuit but was brought the biscuit and no toast. He didn't want to fuss about it so he just ate it. He didn't care for the home fries either. We were disappointed. Perhaps other menu choices are better.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Debarita
“Best breakfast I've had in years!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

A friend asked me to meet her at the kitchen for lunch. The joint was bright and ultra clean and I was very happy to find out they have kind of a brunch style menu. Simple to funky breakfast and lunch items, most sounded tasty to me. We shared the cornflake encrusted french toast the eggs Benedict Florentine served on a biscuit with some home fries and a side of duck hash topped with a poached egg. Everything was simply magical! Don't mean to be over dramatic but I've made my living in the restaurant industry and its rare for me to be so pleased dining out. It was not fancy. It was just perfectly seasoned beautifully presented and down right tasty as hell. Service was friendly and prompt and the whole place has a nice laid back vibe. Thank you KOTC and I will be back ASAP.

• Visited January 2014