“A very enjoyable dinner”
Review of Bistro Zinc

Bistro Zinc
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“A very enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Zinc last night for the second time. As was the case the first time, we had a very enjoyable meal. The first time there, I had steak frites, which was very good. Last night, salmon. The portion might have seemed small to some, but it was more than enough for me. The others in our party last night had the Coq au Vin and the Pork Schnitzel, and all were satisfied. The waitstaff was very pleasant. I don't expect to go to the Berkshires again soon, but if I do, I will definitely consider Zinc.

Visited June 2014

Albany, New York
“Enjoyable lunch at this French bistro”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My friend & I enjoyed our lunch very much. When she called to make reservations, she was told they didn't take reservations for lunch. We had no problem getting a table on a Wed. midday though. This French style bistro has a nice atmosphere & has white butcher's paper covering the tables. They have a nice lunch menu. My shepherd's pie was more interesting, as it contained a short ribs base, butternut squash, & a combo veggie (I think it was parsnips) & potato topping. Our waitress was friendly & attentive. She only brought us bread & butter though when we asked for some, after our entrees were served. My friend said she would give this restaurant 5 stars & would like to go back some time.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank fba5
Massachusetts
“Zinc has seen better days”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Four of us were at Bistro Zinc last Saturday night for dinner. Zinc used to be our favorite restaurant in Lenox but our last three visits has been disappointing. The drink prices are outrageously priced, and for very "short" pours. The man seating guests was arrogant and rude, and the waitperson, a woman who has been there for at least the last two or three years, practically threw our food at us. When we looked for her for a knife which dropped on the floor and for desert plates, which she neglected to bring with the three profiteroles, she was nowhere to be found. Our friends, who were reluctant to eat at Zinc because of poor service in the past had good reason to say "we told you so". It is unfortunate that such a fine establishment has let success go to its head and become a place to now be avoided at all costs. We shall definitely not return to Zinc unless and until new reviews state that it has improved.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank PeterProud
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Get the duck!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were trying to find a place for dinner on a holiday weekend with out a reservation and finally found seats at the bar here versus a 11/2 to 3 hour wait everywhere. I always get concerned about ordering duck as it can be so greasy but since it was boneless I decided to try it..It was the best duck I have ever had cooked to perfection. I even liked the green beans which I normally am not fond off...must be that they were haricots verts ;-)

Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Ending”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We came to Zinc for dessert, but would have gladly gone back for dinner if we'd had another night. We'd gone in search of creme brulee and found it there. The hostess was very nice and attentive to the fact that although we were just there for dessert, it was taking so long to get us a table. The waiting was the worst thing about Zinc. Even after we did have a table, everything took a little longer than it really should have for something as simple as coffee, dessert, and our check. Otherwise we were very pleased.

• Visited February 2014