“Mansion Dining” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: US$9 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian, French, American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A fine restaurant in the Berkshires is not hard to come by. But in searching for a venue that combines superb food, historical ambiance, exemplary service, and modern design you will invariably arrive at the county's newest offering, here in center of Lenox. Find us inside the Kemble Inn, but with a name and identity all on our own. Helmed by former White House Chef, Ron Reda, and drawing inspiration from legendary restaurants in renowned hotels, you will enjoy our newly restored dining room that evokes memories of a grand parlor. Linger over cocktails on the covered veranda, where the sprawling view is yours to enjoy. Share a romantic dinner or entertain colleagues at the center table, which happens to be the restaurant's namesake. Savor the pleasures of dining on world-class locally-inspired dishes. Begin your own weekly tradition.To our friends and guests who have dined already with us: we'll see you again soon. To those we've yet had the pleasure to serve: welcome. We invite you to discover us as your new favorite restaurant.
New York City, New York
“Mansion Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Although the mansion looks abit tired from the outside, once you enter you are moved back to a grand era in history which only gets better as you approach the outside verandah for dinner. The view is exceptional and the service excellent. On the prix fixe menu I started with the crab cake and my companion had the polenta--both were excellent. I then had the beef ($10 supplement) which was excellent, but my companion thought the pork chop was tough and tasteless. Both the key lime cup and strawberry short cake for dessert were excellent. The prix fixe dinner (no a la carte) is only served Wednesday through Sunday, and small plates on Monday and Tuesday.

1 Thank Jerry R
ScottShortt, Owner at Table Six Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for the review. It is a very special experience that we feel in the ambiance of the mansion when we walk in and we are glad you felt it, too. We are pleased that we met many of your expectations and we want all of our diners to know that we take all feedback on food and service quality very seriously. When you tell us that something was not quite right and how it fell short this is an opportunity for us to focus on improving our service. We hope to see you again soon and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us.

Troy, New York
“Lunch was an experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stumbled on this restaurant through TripAdvisor and have been raving about it since. We dined on their porch which offers a lovely view of the Berkshires. The furnishings were tasteful and comfortable. One young man was handling the duties of The Porch whom we learned was from Serbia on an education/work visa and had only been in the country 4 weeks. His skills and language were impeccable. Very personable. Small plates was the offerings and were delicious. We then took our wine to the lawn to enjoy the view before being offered to tour the Kemble Inn in which the restaurant is located. Just lovely.

Visited July 2014
We're delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Table Six Restaurant and we have shared your feedback with Alex, the Serbian student who served you. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this and we hope to see you again soon.
Ann Arbor MI
“Great venue, food good not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We ate there on July 5, on the verandah. The weather was great and the view from our table was nice. We were there with my 90 year old mother and the prix fixe menu would be too much food for her so we called ahead and were told she will be able to have the "small plates" selection. When we arrived and I started to ask about the "small plates" the maitre d cut me off and said he can reseat us on the lawn because they don't serve "small plates" on the verandah. We explained and it was settled. It wasn't a big deal but I wish the maitre d could have just waited for me to finish my question!
We liked the appetizers (crab cake and pea soup) and the desert (key lime pie and the pot de creme). My swordfish which was a thinner piece and was quite overcooked. Although the artichoke slaw was nice, overall it could use a bit more seasoning.
The main waiter was attentive but there was some confusion with a number of the other helpers who appear to be non English speakers.
There is also only one unisex bathroom and there was a line each time one of us (myself, my mom or my husband) had to use the facility.

1 Thank ALee21
Scott S, Owner at Table Six Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 August 2015
Thank you for writing us a review and for bringing some of your concerns to our attention. I have shared the feedback with our staff to make sure that we pay extra attention to our customers' questions before responding. However, I am happy to hear that it was all settled while you were here on the property.

With regard to the washroom concern, the number of required washrooms is based on the number of seats a restaurants has which is a published formula and part of the building code. While we are in compliance with that code, there can be a large wait for the restroom since many people (especially in the summer) are rushing out to a show at the same time. We eventually want to add more restaurant seating and bar area in the basement of the mansion accessible by small elevator and we will add additional restrooms at the time. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and understanding.
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
“Beautiful evening in the Berkshires”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were in Lenox on July 4 to see James Taylor at Tanglewood and had never been there before. I checked Trip Advisor and this restaurant came highly recommended so made an early reservation before the show. I agree that the Inn does look a bit tired from the outside. The entrance is not well marked, we were not sure we were in the right spot until we opened the door. Very welcoming entry way with full bar set up was a nice touch. We were disappointed in the rainy weather, had hoped to sit on the porch but were seated inside instead. The setting seemed more formal than we expected yet wait staff wore (very neat) blue jeans and white oxford shirts. We too were expecting an a la carte menu and would not have gone if we had known their only offering was a 3 course prix fixe menu for $53 per person. We ordered drinks first. My husband enjoyed his red sangria. My lemon laws was so tart I could barely drink it. I was desperately searching for a sugar packet to add to it to no avail. I then ordered a beer but the beer list is quite limited. We both started the meal off with the crab cake. The waitress said that it was small, and it was, but it was just enough for the first course and the aioli served with it was delicious. Not too much breading, which is our preference. I ordered the salmon and my husband the pork chop for dinner. Both meals were beautifully served and perfectly cooked. The serving sizes were reasonable and the sides delicious. I then had the strawberry cake and my husband had the key lime tart for dessert. They were both delicious and just enough to finish the meal. The service was excellent, which gets harder and harder to find. Everyone was accommodating and sensitive to our time as we were heading to the show. We live in a summer tourist area in Upstate New York and even we found the price of the meal to be a bit steep. Would go back for a special occasion and a nice evening on the porch.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ScottShortt, Owner at Table Six Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I'm very happy that you enjoyed your meal. The town limits the amount of signage that we can have out in front and we are always looking for more ways to let the public know that they are welcome in this historic mansion. During the summer season we focus on quality fixe prixe menus and strive for a variety of appetizers, main course, and dessert options. If you return in the off season months you will find an a la carte menu during the week. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we are very glad that you enjoyed the food, the mansion, and the view.
Waltham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Table 6”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Kemble Inn and had dinner at their Table Six restaurant. At first blush the Inn looks a bit tired and could use some paint in some spots but the woman who greeted us and took us to our room could not have been nice(Thanks Bonnie!). The room was very nicely done as was the bathroom and there was a fireplace in each, which being the dead of summer we did not use but thought it would be nice to go there in the cooler months. We had a thoroughly delightful late afternoon when we sat on their back lawn nursing a glass of wine, reading a book and looking at the nice view of the Berkshire Mountains. For dinner, we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal. We each had a cucumber appetizer that had fresh cucumbers thinly cut so they were crisp along with crumbled goat cheese, fresh tomatoes and some red onion, all lightly marinated in what appeared to be an apple vinegar toss. For the entree my wife had the mushroom risotto and loved it! I ordered the grilled lamb chops with haricot verd each of which were perfectly done. The green beans were nice and crispy but cold, a perfect summer dish! The restaurant is run by chef Ron Reda who spent 4 years in the White House as part of the chef team for then President Clinton. He runs a great kitchen and we hope to get him to Boston some day!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for this review. Table Six Restaurant has been open for just over a year and we are proud of what we offer. Chef Reda's vegetarian dishes like the mushroom risotto please many a meat-eater, too. Please come back soon and thank you for taking the opportunity to let others know of your experience.