“great burger,but that's about it”

Mazcots Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: American
Description: Voted Best Sports Bar of the Berkshires ! Stop in the Games are Always on, reservations for larger parties. Keno, Pool Tables, Juke Box. Video Games and Kid Friendly!
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've been to Mazcots about half a dozen times.Four of those times i have gotten the Blade burger and it's fantasic, always cooked perfectly with nice flavor. I've tried alot of other items on the menu and found them to be less than average. The wings taste like they are precooked,refrigerated then re-warmed. Not a good taste. We recently had some edemame and most of them were discolored,had a less than fresh taste to them. I think they were freezer burnt. I like the place, drinks are good and as I said the Blade burger is excellent. I will go back, purposely for the burger,drinks and Keno, but being a sister restaurant to Mazzeo's where the food is always top notch, one would think Mazcots' food would be as good.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stopped for drinks. This is our second visit to this location and found the bar much quieter than the last visit. Fair price on drinks, but the bar staff (the guy was the worst) was less than attentive. My husband's empty beer sat on the edge of the bar for ever before being asked if he would like another. I felt bad for a poor guy playing pool that came to the bar for two drinks. The male bartender (10 pm on 12/28/13 if the owners want to check up on him) ignored the patron as the bartender was too busy counting his tips. I bet the pool playing patron waited at least 5 minutes to even be acknowledged. The customer was so mad that when he signed the credit card receipt he drew a huge line through the tip section and left nothing behind. The young lady that was working was trying, I hope she doesn't have to share tips with him!

Nice beer selection and fair prices.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stopped in on a busy Friday night (@6:30pm) and was able to be seated right away in one of the last open tables. We were greeted by our waitress quickly. She presented us with a food menu and beer list and we asked for a few minutes to think about our drinks. To be honest, Mazcots has a nice beer selection but the beer list was confusing. It took a while for my wife and I to decide. I think they could revamp their beer list a bit to be more intuitive. Our waitress pointed out that we could have gotten a sampler which was not on the list. Had it been, it would of made our selections easier. We both had burgers. I had the "Wally" which was excellent. May be a bit over cooked (I asked for medium) but not terribly so. The house cut french fries were fantastic. The service was good and quick. We sat in the side room that had tables and a couple of pool tables which was quieter than the main bar area. If you want to have a quiet conversation, I would suggest using this side room. In summary, a very good meal. We will be going back!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were so excited to try Mazcots as we are big fans of their sister resultant Mazzeos, but we tried going to Mazcots twice and were never even acknowledged both times. Granted they are busy but we waited about 10 minutes with out even a "we will be with you". The last time a man who seemed to be in charged walked by us twice without word. Pretty disappointing, the placed looked great but I dont know if we would be willing to try again. No one likes being ignored.

2  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This place is very lively, many large screens TVs with all the games on.... Bar selection is good. Not cheap, though. The only downfall - The food menu is lacking in many ways....