“not a good place for the $$$”
Review of Knights Inn Lenox

Knights Inn Lenox
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed 13 August 2013

we went up to the berkshires for a quick getaway - Saturday night 8/10 - stopped at Hampton Inn $349.!!!!!!!no way - stopped all along the route HJ was $200+ - several other's in the high 2's - so finally we checked the Knights Inn - $110 2beds - that is all we wanted!!!!!!!
the rug was ok - mattresses ok , But the sheets!!!!!no fitted sheets on bottom and thread count must have been 180 !!!! Tv worked, sink was ok - BUT the tub/shower - WOW it was spongie - if you walked into the tub you bounced!!! had a small cub ref. was ok.
the FREE BK was -Well let me tell you - the Refrig. was dirty all they had was milk and a powered orange drink - 2 kinds of cereal and frozen mini muffins - no fruit- had to ask for napkins - and to think that other people checked in and paid $177 for the same room we had!!!!!!!skip this area - try another area - i think that Tanglewood was having a concert and that raised the prices - even the Day's Inn was high.

Room Tip: ask to see the room before you check in!!!!!!!!!better rooms would be at the end - everyone walked b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Irish451006

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The best feature is that Knights Inn is dog friendly something quite rare in motels in that area We also needed 1 night stay during the hight of the season and they accommodated that. Clean room and sheets. Relatively unattractive and in need of repairs and refurbishment. But wholly adequate for what we needed. They offer a continental breakfast which makes one wonder from what continent it was from? Bad coffee watered juice cereal and mini muffins from the day old rack

The room had a refrigerator and micro stacked in the corner.

Room Tip: They were nice enough to give me a choice of 2 rooms and then toll me which one smelled better
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is an older property (keys are the old-fashioned metal type!) located on a busy highway. My room was small but clean and nicely furnished. By bedtime the traffic had let up; it didn't bother me and I slept well. Bathroom complaints: There was no grab-bar in the shower and the hot water, although OK for showers, was not hot enough for shaving. Breakfast wasn't available until 8 am. It consisted of juice, coffee, cereal, and little muffins. The coffee was only luke-warm and tasted terrible. People behind the desk were friendly. In summary, this Knights Inn was OK but not great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg N
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We have stayed at the knights inn a few times before and will admit you get what you pay for. It's a cheap option for one night. However when we went there on June 1st it will be the last time I ever even look at this hotel let alone stay there. I called the Friday before and asked specifically for a king size no smoking bed. He told me 50 dollars and then I booked it. The man did NOT speak any English and it made it very difficult to speak with him. When we arrived Saturday the same man was checking us in. They charged my 60 dollars and said that was what they said on the phone. I argued it wasn't and again we couldn't really speak with him. Very hard to understand him. I told him I wasn't staying there for any more than 50 dollars which is what I've always paid. He finally said 55 ok? I agreed because I was hot and aggravated. I again asked just to make sure it was a king size bed. He said yes and told us our room was around back. We went to the back and was totally put off to see our "room" was in the bottom floor of their house!! We get in the little hallway and it stinks of cigarettes. We get into the room which is no bigger than my closets at home and see that the bed in front of us is a double!!! The bathroom wasn't big enough for one person and the shower was disgusting. I lost it at this point and went and demanded my money back. He got very belligerent with me and said he had to go to the room to check to make sure we didn't steal anything!!! I was so mad and and couldn't hold back anymore. I demanded to see the manager and he told me NO!! Some woman who never spoke kept lurking in the back room but never said a word. He finally refunded my money and I vowed to never stay there again. FYI the Howard Johnson next door is owned by the same family and I stay there a lot too. I won't go there either because of the way this man treated us. Never stay at the knights Inn you won't get treated the way you should be and you won't get the true experience of Lenox hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Ejacks4
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Have stayed here before because it is inexpensive and conveniently located near relatives we visit occasionally. Although we have always stayed in the front building of the complex, sound from the main road did not seem to be a problem at night. No complaints on cleanliness of room, just that it needed a major overhaul. The air conditioner worked fine on a very hot weekend.
As other reviewers have said, there seems to be no management concern about overall guest comfort. We had to ask for toilet paper, the remote control for the old tv didn't work, towels were very thin, bathroom tub surface was all worn, and all the furnishings have really seen better days. Housekeeping must notice these things but my guess is management is unable to
Although the mini blueberry muffins were okay, this location should probably not offer breakfast. Anyone who has had complimentary continental breakfast at almost any chain, knows that it normally runs 7-10am and includes toast, bagels, english muffins and maybe a piece of fruit. Not to mention butter and cream cheese. None of that here. Our main concern, however, was pouring your own orange juice out of a shared pitcher from the refrigerator rather than obtaining it from a normal commercial beverage dispenser. This is a sanitary issue and in this day and age, I should not have to worry about who handled the pitcher before me. If a minimal breakfast spread is a budget buster for this property, they should not offer it. We have stayed at other Knight's Inns and they were much better.
You do get what you pay for and in this part of the Berkshires, the prices can be very high, especially if something is going on at Tanglewood. We only stayed 2 nights - in the room from 11 pm until 9 am, so at an inexpensive price ($55/nite) it met our minimal needs for this type trip. Would not stay here for a vacation trip...not worth the many small, but nevertheless irritating aggravations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank diningduo49
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is not a welcoming atmosphere. The facilities were not really clean and had that musty smell.
We also ran our of toilet paper and there was no extra roll.. The room had the I am about to fall about feeling. I think you can do better. Breakfast was limited and not appetizing

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 21,504
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The room was fairly clean, but worn. The TV was an old square tube. The doorknobs rattle in the door. The bathroom was not clean, not my hair in the tub. The night guy's English is not great, it took a couple of tries to get a key to work. Breakfast begins @ 8??? No coffee in the room, no breakfast, the $5 I spent at Dunkin' Doughnuts I will spend on somewhere else to stay next time I'm in Lenox. Lots of other choices...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Marka11111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox
#11 of 16 in Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires

Been to Knights Inn Lenox? Share your experiences!