“Loved the Inn”
Review of Apple Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lenox
Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Lenox B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“Loved the Inn”
Reviewed 24 November 2007

A group of 20 women go to the Apple Tree in November every year for a weekend away to scrapbook. As always, the Inn, it's staff, the food was amazing. The women, love it so much, that we come back year after year. There's no where else I would rather be.

• Liked — The beautiful Main house
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
CT
Reviewed 19 November 2007

I recently attended a Scrapbook Retreat at the Apple Tree Inn ... it was FABULOUS. Every aspect of the weekend was addressed with professionalism. The food was fantastic; the room was gorgeous and everything was very clean.

The owner of the Inn, Sharon, was very gracious if we needed anything. There were 21 of us and we ALL loved our stay.

We've booked a longer weekend for next year! Please stay at this lovely Inn ... it is truly a great experience.

Anita Taylor, CT

Stayed November 2007
Norwalk, CT
Reviewed 18 October 2007

I had stayed at the Apple Tree Inn in the main house last year for a Kripalu retreat. The room featured a working fireplace and beautiful porch with a wonderful view. I felt absolutely spoiled by all of the amenities and knew that my husband and I would stay again should we go on retreat together. We did and were housed in the Lodge on the first floor. We found the room completely comfortable and well maintained with a window looking out on a hillside of autumn foilage. We ate breakfast at both Kripalu and the Inn, each a different experience. The food at the Inn is good but not spectacular but we did enjoy meeting the other guests. The innkeeper has always been exceptionally helpful as have all of the staff. We wanted for nothing, rested well and the location for a Kripalu retreat is perfect. I hope the other reviewers who were at Apple Tree Inn a few years ago will give it another chance. It is well worth a stay and a good value as well.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank kybrdplyr
NY
Reviewed 15 October 2007

I love mould and rude owners.

There is nothing better than driving for miles to be greeted by a room that smells of a toilet, and leaves your clothes smelling of damp. I have looked hard for hotels like this, but have instead only managed to find hotels which are clean and that smell nice.

You can imagine my joy, therefore, when I found the Apple Tree Inn (MT).

However, that was not all. Because other than a dark, dank room with wet mattresses, the only other characteristic I truly crave for in a hotel is an owner who is quite rude.

Therefore, again, imagine my uncontrollable joy when the owner successfully fired a barrage of unpleasant remarks and then proudly informed me that she had given another gentleman the right to hit my car.

Bliss.

Thank you Apple Tree Inn. You have struck two out of two. Mould and rudeness. There is only one place for me to stay from now on. Goodbye Caribbean; adios Cancun; See you later mate, Bondi beach - Apple Tree Inn is my new mecca.

Stayed October 2007
4 Thank Delealei
Fairhaven
Reviewed 28 September 2007

My wife and myself celebrated our honeymoon at the inn 8 years ago. We continue to return every year for our anniversary and always look forward to an enjoyable stay with warm hospitality and the beauty of a firplaced " antique" styled room. The Inn keepers are also a friendly face to see and are a special memory of each visit. Every stay at the Inn is a memory we hold dear throughout the year until our next visit. I highly recommend the Inn in Lenox, and give it my personal 5 star rating........

Stayed February 2007
Melrose, MA
Reviewed 23 September 2007

We recently stayed at the Apple Tree Inn for our daughter's wedding. The inn sits on top of a hill and has views in every direction. We stayed at the inn and our room had a king bed, window seat, fireplace and a large bathroom. It was beautifully decorated. A lot of thought had gone into making the room comfortable and homey. They also have a lodge with equally as beautifully decorated rooms.

Upon arrival, the staff is helpful and welcoming. By the time you leave, you feel like they are part of your family! We were immediately made comfortable with offers of coffee, water etc.

We held our daughter's wedding at the inn because of the great location, only a mile from Lenox Center and, most especially, because of the friendliness of Sharon Walker, the innkeeper. She spent a great deal of time with us in planning the wedding.

If you get a chance, eat at the inn. The chef prepared a meal of gourmet quality. The beef tenderloin cut like butter and melted in your mouth. We also had chicken with pears that was very tasteful.

I would definitely like to stay at the Apple Tree Inn again and would also recommend anyone looking for a wedding site to visit the Apple Tree. We filled the inn with our guests and all enjoyed their stay at the inn.

What makes this inn so wonderful is the staff and the owner. They are there to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable and they do a good job at it.

• Liked — large and comfortalbe - especially the bathroom
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007
New York
Reviewed 9 September 2007

Just spent the weekend at the Inn with my extended family. Shame on us for not doing our homework - had we done so we would have known NOT to stay in the back building. The mildew was so bad that some of the rooms smelled like urine, the carpets felt wet underneath our feet, and the beds were damp all weekend long. As we checked out we took a look at a few of the rooms in the main house, which were lovely to look at, but also damp and smelled of mildew. Clearly, the Inn's location is what keeps it in business - with or without reviews like this Tanglewood will keep the Apple Tree Inn going for years. But I'll certainly never go back - nor will anyone in my family.

• Liked — the grapes at breakfast
  • Disliked — damp mildew
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank ybot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Cornell Inn Lenox
Cornell Inn Lenox
#1 of 19 in Lenox
Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Apple Tree Inn? Share your experiences!